Microsoft Xbox E3 2013 Events - Xbox: A new Generation of Games Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I think challenges are a pretty big deal for those of us who "secretly" must be number 1 on our friends leaderboard lists. I mean, I spent HOURS playing the worst pinball table ever created in the history of mankind "Rome" all because Al beat my score and sent me a "suck it" (that's me paraphrasing). And, I see him trying to beat my Star Wars score (not happening) each time he's logged in all because I sent a "suck it" (again, paraphrasing). Personally, I'm glad joker went PC only because I no longer have to obsess over his damn Robotron score. You'd think I'd have some Midway insider secrets on that damn gamn...but no...:devilish:

Agreed, WoW does this a lot with events that only occur at certain times/days and sometimes people get special mounts or gear by participating (i don't play WoW so i'm relaying this 2nd hand). Its a badge of honor that you have this stuff and adds a level of scarcity that I like. I think the hardcore gaming community will also appreciate getting things that not 'everyone' can get.

Isn't it sad that no one...I mean really no one talks about the Insomniac X1 exclusive title? I really feel sorry for them...I really like their games, even Fuse is imo an entertaining game.

After they got so much anger from people after they changed the Fuse style from comics to 'realistic'...I guess that Sunset Override is their attempt to fill this gap. I feel sorry for them, as it seems to me they lost their self-esteem and only hunt for what so-called gaming press and gaming fans want.

I am looking forward to see Sunset Override gameplay.

I'm actually pretty excited for this. As someone that falls into what some might call hard-casual (maybe because I'm a parent). I actually grew tired of all the blood in the conference but stylized like Sunset I was ok with...my main issue with the MSFT conf. was everything seemed to be designed to the vocal minority "everything should be rated 'M'" crowd; I'm hoping Sunset gets a T and has co-op play.

I also think it's sad that there's no talk about Dead Rising 3. That game also looked great. Huge, open world, zillions of zombies, almost as many weapons & combinations, vehicle support, smart glass support, and best all.. from what they showed.. no timed missions.

Some info:
- The game is set 10 years after DR2
- zombies are "smarter" now, even they will hear us (and react) thanks to Kinect
- The game will have costumes, even the Chibibot.
- Online coop mode
- There is a nightmare mode with "timed missions", just like the original game.

Some info:
- The game is set 10 years after DR2
- zombies are "smarter" now, even they will hear us (and react) thanks to Kinect
- The game will have costumes, even the Chibibot.
- Online coop mode
- There is a nightmare mode with "timed missions", just like the original game.

Looks like an interesting game, one of the better reveals at the conference IMO.

Why can't he give details? Is it a secret? You'll only find out after you give them your money?

Do they wonder why they have a PR problem?

Herp Derp

For another, they don't have to live in the primary owner's house—I could name a friend that lives 3,000 miles away as one of my "family members" Mehdi said.

You'll be able to link other Xbox Live accounts as having shared access to your library when you first set up a system and will also be able to add them later on (though specific details of how you manage these relationships is still not being discussed). The only limitation, it seems, is that only one person can be playing the shared copy of a single game at any given time. All in all, this does sound like a pretty convenient feature that's more workable than simply passing discs around amongst friends who are actually in your area.

Seems to me the only part that isn't "comprehensive" about his reply is the exact mechanism of adding friends into your "family", and how those groups are going to be managed. Is your "family" group a subset of your "friends" group? How often can you rotate members of your family group? Once you fill up 10 slots are they locked in forever? Can you delete them, etc?

The fact that you can share your entire library with 10 friends is remarkable. It shows how great the DRM decisions that MS have made actually are. This is something that is simply unheard of in the world of digital media and instead of being praised as pioneers in expanding consumer's rights to their digital content they are being bashed for removing rights to so-called physical content that never really existed to begin with.

I haven't even seen all the games that were shown not to mention the E3 conference itself. Most recent game that I've seen was Ryse and it looks awesome. So far I haven't yet seen a game announced for X1 that didn't look good and/or interesting. Gotta get my stupid slow intermittent internet connection fixed ASAP.

Oh and "challenges" have been included in Halo 4 online from the start...

Anyway library sharing is so friggen cool man, the days of borrowing physical game discs are gone...haha suck that.

For another, they don't have to live in the primary owner's house—I could name a friend that lives 3,000 miles away as one of my "family members" Mehdi said.

You'll be able to link other Xbox Live accounts as having shared access to your library when you first set up a system and will also be able to add them later on (though specific details of how you manage these relationships is still not being discussed). The only limitation, it seems, is that only one person can be playing the shared copy of a single game at any given time. All in all, this does sound like a pretty convenient feature that's more workable than simply passing discs around amongst friends who are actually in your area.

isn't this going to cause massive exploitation issues? it seems too good to be true.

didn't ps3 used to have "sharing" between up to 5, that was shut down because of exploitation?

isn't this going to cause massive exploitation issues? it seems too good to be true.

didn't ps3 used to have "sharing" between up to 5, that was shut down because of exploitation?

I imagine that this is the reason behind the DRM restrictions, the 24/1 hour check ins, the sharing a disc one time with a friend who has been on your list for 30 days, etc.

People seem to think that MS added all these things out of spite because they hate their customer base. It's going to be quite hysterical when people actually realize that sharing digital copies is a far easier and superior experience than sharing the physical disc with somebody.

So the elephant in the room then is that everyone needs a Gold account to access game libraries. That would explain why they're shy about details.

pretty sure the real elephant would be how often you can change people on your list. I wonder if it will be a charge each time after you first do it. So IE you set up your 10 friends / family and then if you need to change one its say $5 to change one.

That would put a curb on people constantly switching in and out to play the newest games on strangers accounts

pretty sure the real elephant would be how often you can change people on your list. I wonder if it will be a charge each time after you first do it. So IE you set up your 10 friends / family and then if you need to change one its say $5 to change one.

That would put a curb on people constantly switching in and out to play the newest games on strangers accounts

You can only share with people who have been on your friends list more than 30 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back