Microsoft Xbox E3 2013 Events - Xbox: A new Generation of Games Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a good improvement, I hoped for more but it is early days. Still night and day from current 360 games, watching watch dogs now and it looks bland and fuzzy. A few weeks ago same footage was great for a console.

The difference between Dead Rising 3 and Dead Rising 1/2 is huge. Look at the size of the world and the huge numbers of zombies running around on top of the graphical improvement.

$499 is expensive for the conservative specs. Sony will probably match that price. What's the size of the build in hdd again ? So Kinect included in the box ?

it's rumored at 500gb. come to think of it surprised they havent announced that yet.

It is a good improvement, I hoped for more but it is early days. Still night and day from current 360 games, watching watch dogs now and it looks bland and fuzzy. A few weeks ago same footage was great for a console.

yeah it's funny about watch dogs like you say i've totally noticed the same thing. though i heard it did get some downgrades since e3 2012 footage (shadows nerfed).

i was pretty happy with today for next-gen ness. many games clearly dont look possible on ps360 for a change. ryse, dr3 (so many zombies with still excellent graphical quality), titanfall, bf4, KI, forza 5, i'm forgetting some, all fall in that category imo.

and this is only the tip of the tip of the iceberg, equivalent to 360's 2005 games!

So being real makes them look like 360 games? I just think the bump from this gen to next isn't going to be that big, at least not with launch games.

they dont look like 360 games to me! and i barely glanced at the shots. i far prefer video (shots can tend to make any game look awful or great, they are almost useless imo) and those games look way better than ps360 games period on video.

i've been complaining about the lack of next gen in next gen right with you, before today, but i thought todays games went a long way towards bettering that.

He wasn't serious! (if he was, he didn't saw any Xbox360 game play screen captures lately)

These games look great and it's only beginning ...

They don't look great for something that costs $499 and is supposed to represent the next-generation in gaming! Go play old 360 games like Batman Arkham City, Tomb Raider, etc on a decent PC at 1080p and I guarantee they look better. I have a Radeon 7850 which is buy no means top of the line, and those games look considerably shaper in pretty much every regard. This is supposed to be next-generation, meaning it should be above and beyond the previous generation in every regard, regardless if the game is open world or not!

Not to swing anything anyway, but with that $500 pricetag, they could just order a lot more wafers even with a (hypothetical) disastrous yield. :LOL:

(I'm sure at this point you could slip in some orders for rush production at TSMC- no?)

Oh noes the non-sense yield issue has reared it's ugly head again. SRAM really isn't that hard to do.

Why is it that not a single game has impressed me visually.... Hope Sony does a better job...

Is that due to an overload of brown and grey war zone and zombie graphics or is it due to other graphical reasons?

Personally the brown and grey war zone and zombie graphics rendered even more perfectly dark, brown grey and war and/or zombie like isn't that exciting.

they dont look like 360 games to me! and i barely glanced at the shots. i far prefer video (shots can tend to make any game look awful or great, they are almost useless imo) and those games look way better than ps360 games period on video.

i've been complaining about the lack of next gen in next gen right with you, before today, but i thought todays games went a long way towards bettering that.

Click on the fourth Ryse shot, where he is jumping with the spear. You don't think it could be a 360 shot? Bad foliage, lots of fog, low res textures, aliasing, etc. God of War 3 looks better. Maybe it is just showing its 360 roots.

Which games? I thought everything looked as expected. Launch window quality titles.

i just listed some...

ryse, dr3 (so many zombies with still excellent graphical quality), titanfall, bf4, KI, forza 5, i'm forgetting some, all fall in that category imo.

some of the cod ghosts stuff they showed yesterday (not the underwater stuff) too.

They don't look great for something that costs $499 and is supposed to represent the next-generation in gaming! Go play old 360 games like Batman Arkham City, Tomb Raider, etc on a decent PC at 1080p and I guarantee they look better. I have a Radeon 7850 which is buy no means top of the line, and those games look considerably shaper in pretty much every regard. This is supposed to be next-generation, meaning it should be above and beyond the previous generation in every regard, regardless if the game is open world or not!

the $499 for either system is for the next 7 years of improving games and a wealth of services, apps and features that accompany each console... not just launch quality games

EDIT:
correct me if I'm wrong but did they not showcase game switching?

Going form the Ryse game to Killer Instinct instantly (no disc swapping of course) but if that is true, it explains exactly why I wanted them to do whatever they had to get to a digital console.

No need to stop and relaunch a game (let alone swap discs)

It was doing a matchmaking search in one game while playing another and then switched.. AFAICT

To me it's all Current Gen+ at the moment. I'll save my spooge for the Deep Down's and Infiltrators (or what we might see later tonight ;)). Oh yes Infamous Second Son is close though.

So Thurrot was on the money with $500 and no subscription subsidized SKU.

They had a lot of core games shown, I have to go check out the videos.

$500 could be a tough sell since PS4 will not be more expensive than that.

Also, as I said vgleaks were wrong about the new 360 connecting to XB1 to provide back compat...

just saw this of interest on gaf

ShnqTSe.png

i actually think that's a really good result given all the xbonre negativity out there. in fact almost shocking to me, normally such polls would end up with 90% giving it a 1 or something. more people rated it 3 or higher than below, so, actually a positive average.

kind of reenforces that i thought it was a pretty good conference.

So Thurrot was on the money with $500 and no subscription subsidized SKU.

They had a lot of core games shown, I have to go check out the videos.

$500 could be a tough sell since PS4 will not be more expensive than that.

Also, as I said vgleaks were wrong about the new 360 connecting to XB1 to provide back compat...

good calls on those. i was keeping score on who's insider info was right, too :D

Tap In said:
the $499 for either system is for the next 7 years of improving games and a wealth of services, apps and features that accompany each console... not just launch quality games

Well its going to be SOLD on the quality of the launch games, and those games don't look that impressive! I guarantee no one is going to be buying an Xbox One on the twitch TV, Skype, TV integration as those can be had on a million other devices!

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw this on GAF too. Pretty swexy. Official boxart.

Playing up the day one crap (there's even an achievement I guess) is another devious idea that will probably fare well for them and be copied by other competitors imo.

xboxone_reserve_boxshpguq8.png

And the Xbox One pretty much has another Panzer Dragoon in the form of Crimson Dragon! :D

This time with sound lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0cSWF6908A&feature=player_embedded

And while I'm less excited about it, I'll definitely be paying attention to that murder mystery game from the Deadly Premonition developer. And Sunset Overdrive seems interesting. Hopefully that one delivers, the trailer was pretty well done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well its going to be SOLD on the quality of the launch games, and those games don't look that impressive! I guarantee no one is going to be buying an Xbox One on the twitch TV, Skype, TV integration as those can be had on a million other devices!

If you are talking about the first 6-9 mos of sales, perhaps. Although I'd still argue that those apps you can get anyhere will be key for people who spend a lot of time on their console

And, the $499 will probably stand for three years so that is a lot of innovation and value to come that you are discounting as not worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back