Microsoft Xbox E3 2013 Events - Xbox: A new Generation of Games Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw on Gamestop.com 11-21-2013 release date

If true: dat yield.

Spoiler launch to try and stop Sony taking Christmas. Free Gold games to try and stop people defecting before availability in Jan.

$499 for an entry level gaming PC with $60 a year for matchmaking. Oh and you don't own and can't keep the games. And you have to view adverts. Holy shit.

If true: dat yield.

Spoiler launch to try and stop Sony taking Christmas. Free Gold games to try and stop people defecting before availability in Jan.

$499 for an entry level gaming PC with $60 a year for matchmaking. Oh and you don't own and can't keep the games. And you have to view adverts. Holy shit.

I doubt an entry level PC can move BF4 @60fps...

Just looking at some of the official screens for Ryse and Dead Rising 3 on Gamersyde and... there a little less than impressive, and certainly not very next-gen! When watching the games on the stream is was hard for me to determine the graphics quality, but honestly they don't look very good, and certainly not worthy of a $499 next-gen game console.

Ryse
Dead Rising 3

They look like mediocre Xbox 360 games rendered at 1080p with low AA, terrible textures and low geometry.

Just looking at some of the official screens for Ryse and Dead Rising 3 on Gamersyde and... there a little less than impressive, and certainly not very next-gen! When watching the games on the stream is was hard for me to determine the graphics quality, but honestly they don't look very good, and certainly not worthy of a $499 next-gen game console.

Ryse
Dead Rising 3

They look like mediocre Xbox 360 games rendered at 1080p with low AA, terrible textures and low geometry.

:???:
I swear it looked a lot better than that in motion.

Ryse
Dead Rising 3

In a picture you can't see particles and animations from Ryse.

Ryse
Dead Rising 3

these are real framebuffer shots tho which show warts, not the nonsense bullshots we have gotten so far for next gen

Caught up with messages, but won't be able to watch the show until I get home. Did watch a little bit of the 1st half, but the missed the rest. Impressed with them staying focused on games, but I missed the Halo video. It will probably be the one of few that I will have to have. I most interested in the open-world games. So I'll go back & look at those. But when I saw that price of $500 I kinda deflated. I can't afford that. Well I could but I have other things in my life that are more important. I would have got it at $399 & one game. Right now I'll wait for a $100 price drop. Hopefully then another Red Dead game will have been announced. As for the new Xbox Mini, I was suprised to see a DVD drive. And it was interesting that they didn't try to lower the pricing & add more than 4gb. If they ever announce support for hooking it to a Xbox One for backward compatibility I might get it first. Just kinda depressed after that pricing. I don't expect them to keep it at that price for long. Too much competition.

Tommy McClain

$499 is expensive for the conservative specs. Sony will probably match that price. What's the size of the build in hdd again ? So Kinect included in the box ?

Was it just me or did the world textures in many games have an oil painting look to them?
I figured the games would move to towards a crisper realistic look but they seem to have gone more stylized I cant put my finger on.
They looked great but different than I expected.

It is a good improvement, I hoped for more but it is early days. Still night and day from current 360 games, watching watch dogs now and it looks bland and fuzzy. A few weeks ago same footage was great for a console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back