Microsoft Xbox E3 2013 Events - Xbox: A new Generation of Games Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will completely bomb with this price by February 2014. "Value" has nothing to do with it. People aren't just going to pay these prices in masses for a console.

Hence the TV intergration and all the other non-game features. People have shown the ability to support these prices easily with lesser hardware inside a product. Manufacturers outside of Nintendo don't want to sell you a "console" anymore. Outside of PCs, consoles are probably the most powerful device in your home. Its limited utility is not a function of its hardware design, but limited investment in features outside of gaming.

Consoles that only game are about attractive to mainstream consumers as PCs that only game. You couldn't sell 100s of millions of PCs, smartphones and tabs annually if all they did was game. Adding utility is attractive to mainstream as well as core gamers. Furthermore, there are a ton of devices that offer gaming on their platform along with a ton of other features and capabilities that are expanding constantly. How does a console compete employing such an archaic model?

But it this way, you could look at the PS3 as just a console that was highly overpriced at launch. Or the PS3 could be looked at as one of the most powerful and feature rich BluRay player/media boxes ever to exist. Its been available since the launch of BluRay at half to a 1/3rd of the price of other less functional bluray players and today readily competes with other media delivery based CE products even though its 7 years old.

Its odd that segment of the market that invests so much time in consoles and readily makes use of their expanding functionality, is also the same segment that so readily pigeon holes products like 360, ps3, ps4 and One as just consoles. That hasn't been a reality for MS since 2005 and Sony since 1999.

The Wii U is the perfect example of a manufacturer that just wants to sell you a traditional gaming console.

Amazon and Micrfosoft store preorders are up..

I preordered 4 from Amazon :LOL:

Just in case there's a good scalper market. At 550 after tax, plus ebay's/paypals ~13% cut, these will have to be selling for 800+ to make a decent profit. But then again I sold a launch PS3 7 years ago for 1200.

Weirdly, Amazon would not let me put more than 1 in my cart (standard), yet I was able to order 1 at a time 4 separate times, and then it cut me off :LOL:

I think it's decently possible people will go "oh nobody will want this cause of the DRM crap" and misjudge demand, I might be able to snatch quite a few up now and make some dough later. Since Amazon doesnt charge for preorders theres no risk and plenty of time before launch to gauge demand and cancel if wanted (did this with 3DS, canceled when it became apparent there would be no ebay markup)

Edit: just ordered 6 at Microsoft.com too. I am prepared for the ebay deluge :LOL:

It's possible both stores will cancel me down to 1 later, but I ordered multiple launch day Wii's from Amazon years ago and received them all, so it's possible to slip through the cracks.

I updated the OP with a summary list of what was shown (I think that's all there was). You'll have to find the videos yourself though (GameTrailers will have it all). :p

Appreciated; I've been searching around and a couple of the titles have already grabbed my attention.

Hoping xbox.com has a working video soon!

My thoughts exactly.

Regarding the price, something little cheaper would have been nice. But on the other hand, the new smart phones are about 600€ or more, so if we can get Xbox One for 499€, one can call it cheap :)

Is not the same or close.

Phones have over blown prices so that you byte into a contract,and phones are for every day use,my phone is closer to me that my shirts are,in my house i walk without one but my phone is always on my pocket.

They are different hell no game medium doesn't hurt phones at all,did you saw what happen to the PSP go.?

I updated the OP with a summary list of what was shown (I think that's all there was). You'll have to find the videos yourself though (GameTrailers will have it all). :p

Ooh, I forgot about Crimson Dragon (no audio derp). It's Panzer Dragoon. Looks like it might control with Kinect, like Project Eden. That was good too.

Several interesting new games and I definitely like the 60 frames per second. (Good excuse to upgrade the old 1080i set in the basement.)

But I would really like to see some color being used. I am really tired of the brown/grey war zone color scheme. How about some color? I thought Unreal II had more use of color and interesting lighting. (I recall the forest area with the trees and almost glowing flowers and plants. Anyone else remember that?) The tech was old but I think the art was better in a way. I think Halo does better at using some color than many others. We will see.

With all the tech I hope they get a little more balance in the scenery and eye candy. I am not sure if it was Unreal or Unreal II but I remember seeing the "eagles" or whatever they were flying in the thermals. (I think near a dam or something.) So with the tech so advanced I hope people don't forget to make things interesting instead of just a constant war zone.

My feed was terrible. I had to move down to SD from HD because otherwise it was just a mess of pixelation and wrong colors/frozen/not filled in areas/detail. I guess we will need to wait a few days to get HD feeds that we can look at in detail. It was really hard for me to see anything in detail. :cry:

To play some games online on the PS3 required an online pass. Not all games were free. And the price is just my guess. People asked for games and MS delivered by the bucket load, now we get the feint praise based on the games don't appeal to me.

No that was for use games,and on xbox 360 some require it as well on top of the xbox live fee.

Just in case there's a good scalper market. At 550 after tax, plus ebay's/paypals ~13% cut, these will have to be selling for 800+ to make a decent profit. But then again I sold a launch PS3 7 years ago for 1200.

Weirdly, Amazon would not let me put more than 1 in my cart (standard), yet I was able to order 1 at a time 4 separate times, and then it cut me off :LOL:

I think it's decently possible people will go "oh nobody will want this cause of the DRM crap" and misjudge demand, I might be able to snatch quite a few up now and make some dough later. Since Amazon doesnt charge for preorders theres no risk and plenty of time before launch to gauge demand and cancel if wanted (did this with 3DS, canceled when it became apparent there would be no ebay markup)
not sure if it's worth it. A LOT got burn by the wuu launch. I would only buy it local for free returns.

Not sure if it worth the hassle.

There are many people like you online,then you see the systems by the ton on Ebay.

Pardon me if this has been asked and answered already somewhere in the back 14 pages, but I didn't feel like reading them all for some bizarre reason ;) - but is there a link to a stream of the MS event post-facto as it were...?

I was busy watching Apple's event and didn't fully realize it collided with the MS event.

Good conference.

Price point seems like a possible deal breaker for the kind of mainstream set-top-box they're generally trying to sell the Xbox One as, though.

Crowd ... uhm ... Cloud gaming elements seem a little forced at this point of time, but there surely is some potential.

A lot of PR smoke blurrying the edges - but that's to be expected and certainly not confined to Microsoft.

Did I hear right at the price reveal, that the Xbone will launch in twenty odd territories on the same day? If so, so much for the eSRAM issues.

Did I hear right at the price reveal, that the Xbone will launch in twenty odd territories on the same day? If so, so much for the eSRAM issues.

Not to swing anything anyway, but with that $500 pricetag, they could just order a lot more wafers even with a (hypothetical) disastrous yield. :LOL:

(I'm sure at this point you could slip in some orders for rush production at TSMC- no?)

wow just cught up on show... amazing show really very impressed

Forza 5, Titanfall especially, Ryse looks interesting but we will see..

$499 was expected WW launch is great too

oh and lot's of 60FPS :)

Xbox Live Gold still $60

Xbox Live Gold: We are bringing the Xbox Live Gold membership from Xbox 360 to Xbox One starting at the same $5 per month for a one-year membership, and now anyone in your home can access many Xbox Live Gold benefits on your Xbox One at no additional cost. Your primary Xbox Live Gold membership also travels with you to any Xbox One system. Xbox Live Gold offers a premium interactive entertainment service on Xbox One that spans across games, TV shows, movies, music, sports and more.

Still no word on adding 'family members'.

GS near me only get 12 in first round, thanks to Project Spark it sold my family and Minecraft. Lol. Sigh at the $499..

Noticed some jitters during game play though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back