Microsoft Xbox E3 2013 Events - Xbox: A new Generation of Games Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
499$ seems reasonable to me. I would be ok with anything up to 999$ assuming hardware scales appropriately with cost. Kinect2 + all the other stuff xbox one packs cannot be very cheap at this point.

And even still, 499$ for something one can use for 5-10 years is not bad(compare to crappy tablets and phones that can cost even more than that and get obsoleted in year or two)

It will completely bomb with this price by February 2014. "Value" has nothing to do with it. People arent just going to pay these prices in masses for a console.

Really strong showing. Games looked great, but I'm not sure about the $499 price.
Also zero mentions about DRM and used games controversy.

Can't fault them on that. Aside from the price, which is about £100 too high. If Sony go higher... I expected £299 max.

Everything XboxOne looked polished, very pretty and very next-gen. It looks like they might've hit a sweet spot with their hardware at TV resolutions.

Project Spark is one nifty looking game. Probably the best e3 press conference I've seen as far as the games go. Also twitch broadcast is a nice feature. So many great games in there.

Remember that we in the EU/UK have VAT.
Anyway £430 is jsut wrong for just a console.
If it's a bundle then it's another Story though but they didn't say so.

499 euros is too expensive for me. Graphics was nice, but PS4 will be even better, and will have larger 1st party support.

Sony has a good chance to overshadow MS today.

MS said all games and they showed a lot of games. The price will now come under attack but until the PS4 is priced we have no idea if it's relatively cheap, expensive or the same price as PS4. I suspect we now know the price of the PS4 $499

according to cboat sony is going to keep stonewalling about their drm policies at e3.

wouldn't surprise me to see them do the same on price.

just seemed like a tactical mistake on ms part to me. now all sony has to do is not announce the ps4 price and people will A) lambast MS a bunch, taking the focus off the games part of the conference (they are doing that right now so regardless what Sony does it was already a mistake) B) assume/pretend/hope and dream/whatever that PS4 will be cheaper until we get the facts.

MS said all games and they showed a lot of games. The price will now come under attack but until the PS4 is priced we have no idea if it's relatively cheap, expensive or the same price as PS4. I suspect we now know the price of the PS4 $499

Yep, they kept their word, and listened to basically everyone saying in the industry that they had better focus 100% on the hardcore audience that were the early adapters of all previous Xbox devices ...

Crytek and DICE's next-gen engines look really, really good imho. I do hope someone also makes a really colorful game with that engine.

Can't fault them on that. Aside from the price, which is about £100 too high. If Sony go higher... I expected £299 max.

Everything XboxOne looked polished, very pretty and very next-gen. It looks like they might've hit a sweet spot with their hardware at TV resolutions.

Project Spark is one nifty looking game. Probably the best e3 press conference I've seen as far as the games go. Also twitch broadcast is a nice feature. So many great games in there.

It was never going to be £299, that is what the 360 launched for 7 years ago. With Kinect in the box, my best guess was £399.99. 30 quid out, not bad but yes it is pricy

499 euros is too expensive for me. Graphics was nice, but PS4 will be even better, and will have larger 1st party support.

will be very interested to see how ps4 gfx look in compare.

a lot of this gen probably hinges on how big the practical difference is.

based on say shadowfall, it isn't much. but obviously that wasnt necessarily the full story.

Nice recovery, they're back on track with "hard core" gaming.

That is, if it's war games, extreme violence, killing as many people per second as possible, B-Movie storyline and bad acting, brown and desaturated. That's what hard core is all about. *sigh*

A huge number of fans seem satisfied, so business wise, it was a very well targeted message.

It will completely bomb with this price by February 2014. "Value" has nothing to do with it. People arent just going to pay these prices in masses for a console.

umm no. there's this thing called inflation. 499 is probably equivalent to 399 8 years ago in real money terms.

i mean what was the djia 8 years ago?

also, consoles always sell out in nov and dec. at least for those 2 months, these consoles could be going for not 499, but several hundred more on ebay.

january, february, or whenever supply catches up, could be a different story...

It's a very different market reality now.

Look around- people are far, far more willing to spend these days. Smartphones (with contracts), tablets, all poised for massive growth. So why can't a console be around that pricing? The market seems less sensitive to a product's pricing (see AAPL) than the justification of value behind it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is bad, that really bad, so bad...

Forza 5 the gameplay for you :LOL::rolleyes::cry:

No exclusive game that are actually interesting besides KI.

The (CoD) clone wars has begun :LOL::rolleyes::cry:

I would like to see Kinetic games for hardcore games

500€ they are nuts completely nuts!!!!!!

You didn't like Ryse or Quantum Break, or Titan Fall, or that create a game-game, Project Spark?

I though KI was the least interesting. And nothing looked much like CoD.

Halo at 60fps will be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back