Which console are you most interested in getting?

What console do you *currently* intend to get?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought an imported ps1 back in the day when we had had to wait ages for a local release, got a ps2 then ps3 and will get the ps4 unless things go horribly wrong ( which i doubt). I like the Sony exclusives more than the Xbox ones and i like the look of the specs so far. Some are saying up to 10 times more powerful than ps3 so gotta be happy about that. Is it about power in a box?- for me ?
you bet!

Some are saying up to 10 times more powerful than ps3 so gotta be happy about that.

About 4-8 times the FLOPs (but likely far more efficient ones), 16x the RAM size, up to 7x the RAM bandwidth (depending on how you look at it), media speeds unknown (BD = 6x, but a big question for me is what type of HDD will be in the box and how well that performs - it could be a real bottleneck), and probably 8x easier to develop for ;)

But what I'm really hoping for is an 8x better OS and better thought out day one SDK and service feature set. ;)

About 4-8 times the FLOPs (but likely far more efficient ones), 16x the RAM size, up to 7x the RAM bandwidth (depending on how you look at it), media speeds unknown (BD = 6x, but a big question for me is what type of HDD will be in the box and how well that performs - it could be a real bottleneck), and probably 8x easier to develop for ;)

But what I'm really hoping for is an 8x better OS and better thought out day one SDK and service feature set. ;)

Yeah, I rounded it off to about 10x more powerful, the os should be heaps better if they dont bog it down too much! i hope they offer a SSD version as a top of the line. Most importantly i didn't mention is that the launch games this gen should be way better than any ps before it.

I've had no complaints about my PS3, and I actively dislike Live and the 360 dash. It's just too busy, too much crap. If I can do the remote play thing for every game with the Vita, that pretty much locks in the PS4 for me. So tired of being interrupted in the middle of COD because my wife wants to watch soaps.

(Sorry, Wii U has no games.)

I've had no complaints about my PS3, and I actively dislike Live and the 360 dash. It's just too busy, too much crap. If I can do the remote play thing for every game with the Vita, that pretty much locks in the PS4 for me. So tired of being interrupted in the middle of COD because my wife wants to watch soaps.

(Sorry, Wii U has no games.)

Wives, always interrupting our play time. ;)

I am looking forward to buy one console that can provide me great titles, no gimmicks, no need to connect to internet, no need for updates and cloud, like old times.

At this point anything but the XB1.

It seems most every gamer I talk to has a similar reaction either unsolicited, or when I ask what they know of the new systems and then I fill them in.

Consensus seems to be "Ha! Goodluck with that!". In some cases, literally laughing at the thought of what MS is planning to do.

An unusual response though seems to be that a good chunk of them are ok with the notion of staying on their existing boxes.

Jiminy Christmas.

I did not know until today just how much of the X1's resources were dedicated to this multimedia stuff. The differences between the PS3 and 360 this gen were marginal this gen, but next gen, it sounds like the PS4 will have a lot more RAM available to games and quite a bit more shader power. I know some people are really excited by the prospect of switching back and forth among TV, Skype, Bing, and Halo at the same time, but all I really want is the box I buy to be as good at playing video games as I would expect for what I paid and what's inside. Doesn't sound like that's what MS is selling.

There is not a choice that represents me. If a system proves that it can produce photorealistic graphics -- like an episode of a TV show -- then I will want it. I dont know if that is capable with the ps4 or xbox.

IGN did a versus survey, Best Reveal, Best Controller, Best Name, and Which console will you get. Over 310k responses in total.

The PS4 won every category by quite a wide margin, which surprised me, as I thought IGN was primarily an American audience!? MS seems to have so much work to do for E3 to catch up, are they going to turn the Xbone into their Millenium\Vista\et al entry in the console market?

I will definitely be getting a PS4 (I'm sold on KZ4, Second Son, and that Capcom Deepy game). But as long as there is a Halo I will also be getting a One. And a supply of black masking tape and 6mm fibre board!

Well Sony has made a pretty good job at setting perception already, they revealed first with a proper focus on games and the other functionality of the system.
MSFT has let quite some FUD spread, to be partially confirmed and served core fans impatience with a presentation focusing strongly on the system media capabilities.
Whereas there are still lot of shady area wrt to both Sony and MSFT policies (with used games, online, prices, etc.) MSFT has still to reveal something imo quite beefy aka how much of Durango capabilities are behind a pay wall, and that is far from irrelevant.

So far if I'm to buy a console I would go for Sony offering though I might really well stick to PC especially if AMD delivers about its commitment to gaming in the PC realm. They have now memory controller that support both DDR3 and GDDR5, if excavators deliver 20nm (or lesser) process should definitely allow for PC configurations that are competitive with consoles (UMA, lots of bandwidth, etc. especially if AMD provides support so developers take advantage of the benefits of such a set-up /port from the PS4).

IGN did a versus survey, Best Reveal, Best Controller, Best Name, and Which console will you get. Over 310k responses in total.

The PS4 won every category by quite a wide margin, which surprised me, as I thought IGN was primarily an American audience!? MS seems to have so much work to do for E3 to catch up, are they going to turn the Xbone into their Millenium\Vista\et al entry in the console market?

I will definitely be getting a PS4 (I'm sold on KZ4, Second Son, and that Capcom Deepy game). But as long as there is a Halo I will also be getting a One. And a supply of black masking tape and 6mm fibre board!

sony has always won internet polls, usually with 80+% or more, including on ps3 days. i doubt theres been a internet poll ever xbox won.

but i'm a bit surprised it's 59-15 here, this place seems more even. albeit 27 undecides.

i went with xbo it's genuinely more interesting to me and i like the controller and 1st party franchises. i almost chose wait and see.

ps4 i'm just waiting to show me a graphical difference before i have any interest.

weirdly lately i've kinda been wanting a ps3, but it seems stupid to spend 300 with next gen so close.

I will be getting the Xbox One and the PS4 at launch, along with several games for each one. I will also buy a 3dtv before that. Both consoles have franchises that I am really interested in, and developers who I follow especially on the Sony side ie Santa Monica, GG and of course Naughty Dog. As long as there is Halo I will always buy an MS console but the seem to be expanding their first party efforts this time around. Also Remedy; enough said. I am really interested to see how far they take SmartGlass as I am currently enjoying being able to control my console with my tablet and the PlayTo function in Windows 8 is awesome.

PS. It is really interesting reading about the whole drm/always online stuff as I live in a third world country, Nigeria to be precise (No I am not a Nigerian prince lol). These decision mean that these consoles will be a no go here but I can manage as I buy my games brand new and 3g coverage here is superb and priced competitively compared to US 3g prices, and we will soon have 4g so....yeah I can afford to live with whatever measures MS come up with.

I chose undecided, but will lean more towards X1 if they allow the installation of Win 8 apps. I'm envisioning a XBMC-type app that will allow me to stream all vid formats and music.

Since the Game OS is separated, there shouldn't be a concern about it causing a back door to hack the console. I was thinking of getting a cheap HTPC when I return stateside in September, but if that is a possibility, I will get X1 instead.

PS4 for me.

XBone sounds like a clusterfcuk so far. Worse than MS' nickel and diming with the 360 (how that was even possible I dunno).

Things may change post-e3, however I think their initial reveal speaks volumes about the direction MS in general wishes to take the Xbox platform. It certainly isn't a direction I'm inclined to follow them down.

sony has always won internet polls, usually with 80+% or more, including on ps3 days. i doubt theres been a internet poll ever xbox won.

This is bullshit. Back in 2007, the two consoles were really close in polls.

Yes, E3 will be a chance for Microsoft to show lots of games and recover some much needed favorable opinion from gamers. Yes, nothing is certain for now in terms of console success. Yes, the xbone can still win this generation and outsell the ps4 by 10-to-1.

But please, stop trying to come up with fony excuses for the public reaction clusterfuck created by the xbone's reveal. Results on internet polls, comments on gaming blogs and posts on gaming forums are an absolute indicator of that. No, it's not "Sony always won internet polls with this margin so it means nothing. Stop being in denial, it's getting ridiculous.

Pretty much I can discard the Xbox one for technical reasons (/ online requirement), I finally a "proper" (quite a stretch...) internet connection went to try Diablo 3 is it is pretty much unplayable... it makes me sad to say the least... Based on that and MSFT willingness to push games with online components (/ introduce single player lag... ) the Xbox is not even an option.
Depending on how closely Sony matches MSFT policies (even in a stealthy way, let the editors do whatever they want) I will safely dismiss the PS4 too.

I'm extremely bothered, as even PC is not safe... (aka diablo 3, sims, etc.) may be it is time (again) for me to re-embrace sport (/crossfit) and let games behind, though it is a bitter choice...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back