Which console are you most interested in getting?

What console do you *currently* intend to get?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that we've seen both reveals,
Which Console are you currently most interested in at this point?

I thought a poll would be nice, but I guess it's turned off or something.

But yeah....
At this point, are you more interested in a PS4, or an XBOX One?

neither one really. For the first time ever I don't see anything being done by consoles that cant be done better using something else like a PC...

Undecided. I need to see a little more on the services side, price and what really makes these things interesting other than a graphics bump.

I can tell you the answer of the poll. PS4 wins on this forum because PS3 probably would have won the same poll before it. A more interesting poll would be how many people plan on switching their primary console from one to the other.

I am interested in hearing people's rationals for picking, especially this early.

Edit: Last gen I had all 3 consoles for a time. This gen, I'm picking one. If it ends up being shit, I'm just going to stop console gaming altogether. There's a chance Valve, Apple could change my mind if they entered the console market in a significant way. Otherwise, I'd probably just end up playing indie games on my laptop. I'm a 360 user right now. It's the only console I have left. I have a 50/50 chance of switching.

How about new people entering into the console fold? I plan to stick to pc for my gaming, but my wife who has zero interest in gaming and has never bought a console in her life will be buying an Xbox One for the nfl stuff as she is a hardcore nfl fan. I don't know if her purchase "counts" on these types of forums though...

Xbox One, but I am slightly disappointed they didn't show more games.

I want PS4 in the future too -I have usually had two consoles every generation since the 128bits era (my first console generation) at most-, because of some exclusive games. But this depends on whether I have the money or not, and my priorities.

WiiU is interesting since I am a huge F-Zero fan, but I don't see myself buying it anytime soon.

I switched to PC quite awhile ago. My gf want the ouya and outside of that if I am interested in the services MS provides I may pick up the Xbox One.

The NFL thing is a big deal in the US. And I don't know how much people outside the US really get that.

I'd pick up an XBox One either way, but the NFL stuff is the only part of "interactive TV" that resonates with me.
I have Sunday ticket which to put in perspective costs more in subscriptions a year than probably Xbox one will cost, and I do like the score and fantasy overlays it provides, but they are hideously clunky.

The NFL thing is a big deal in the US. And I don't know how much people outside the US really get that.

I'd pick up an XBox One either way, but the NFL stuff is the only part of "interactive TV" that resonates with me.
I have Sunday ticket which to put in perspective costs more in subscriptions a year than probably Xbox one will cost, and I do like the score and fantasy overlays it provides, but they are hideously clunky.

It would have been interesting to see the Smartglass presentation for that ... or Smartglass period.

I don't know who said it, but MS should do the same with real football in Europe. UEFA loves money so should be fairly straight forward.

Or Formula one...

Cheers

Xbox One to begin with, before we see what the games are like. The UI/multimedia and kinect 2 stuff look incredible to me, if it's as good as the demos suggest.

But if the 15 exclusives for the first year they talked about are all relatively naff, it's back to the other guy.

I need to see more from both. I like some of what I saw of the interactive multi-tasking from MS regarding the Xbox One, but need to see how games actually run. Also like the Kinect 2. Seriously wasn't impressed by the trailers at the reveal.

It would been interesting to see how UE4 ran on the new console to compare with PS4.

I'll likely get both eventually, but not at launch. MS could've got me closer to lean Xbox One if my digital content carried over from X360 or they offered backward compat.

It would have been interesting to see the Smartglass presentation for that ... or Smartglass period.

Why do you need SmartGlass for that? All the major fantasy leagues have smartphone and tablet apps already.

It is also not clear what the scope of Microsoft's deal with the NFL actually is. I think there's an impression that it is equivalent to Sunday Ticket, but DirecTV pays like 1 billion a year for exclusive rights to that and the MS deal is reportedly for 400 million over 4 years and involves things like product placement of Surface tablets for use by coaches and players on the sideline in addition to the Xbox One fantasy football app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back