Quantum Break [XO] (by Remedy) *large images*

Thanks! And no prob, ask away and I'll answer what I can when I some time :)

Are you by chance able to talk about your engine a bit more? Being a XB1 only game are you

1. taking advantage of Dx11.2 Tile Resources or other Dx11.2 API features ?!

2. as someone mentioned earlier how are you using/finding esram?!

3. how often do you get updated XB1 SDK's, are they monthly ?! And do you always upgrade to the latest SDK upon release?

4. How is your relationship with MS and other studios, is there a lot of sharing of knowledge going on?!

5. is there any azure dedicated servers being used for QB?!

Only if you are allowed to talk of course..

p.s. Also thanks for sharing insight here and loving the game reveals todate!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you by chance able to talk about your engine a bit more? Being a XB1 only game are you

1. taking advantage of Dx11.2 Tile Resources or other Dx11.2 API features ?!

2. as someone mentioned earlier how are you using/finding esram?!

3. how often do you get updated XB1 SDK's, are they monthly ?! And do you always upgrade to the latest SDK upon release?

4. How is your relationship with MS and other studios, is there a lot of sharing of knowledge going on?!

5. is there any azure dedicated servers being used for QB?!

Only if you are allowed to talk of course..

p.s. Also thanks for sharing insight here and loving the game reveals todate!!

Aww bugger, these all fall into the "Sorry, NDA" category :(

Except #4 to some extent I guess - MS has been great to work with. And as I'm sure all studios do, we maintain active communication with studios all around the world. It's great to share experiences and knowledge (NDAs permitting :)), and if nothing else it's great to have someone to grab beers with when you're in a strange place :)

Hi XMU, the time powers used the game seem perfect for puzzle elements to be added to the game. We heard a little about puzzle elements at gamescon but can you elaborate on when we may see some of these gameplay features and how significant to the game they may be?

Hi XMU, the time powers used the game seem perfect for puzzle elements to be added to the game. We heard a little about puzzle elements at gamescon but can you elaborate on when we may see some of these gameplay features and how significant to the game they may be?

I honestly don't know when we'll share more gameplay details, sorry!

Just guessing, but I think he means when Jack is running to escape the grenade. It's either the explosion, his time powers, or both, but it looks like the floor boards of the shack are moving in waves.
This. Is each floorboard an individual object reacting to the force? You'd need a lot of geometry detail in the level for every single surface component to interact. Well, maybe not. I guess on roads and pavements etc. you can still use textured surfaces. It's only such piecemeal surfaces as floorboards that'd need modelling each component.

Also, is it an in house physics engine or licensed library?

This. Is each floorboard an individual object reacting to the force? You'd need a lot of geometry detail in the level for every single surface component to interact. Well, maybe not. I guess on roads and pavements etc. you can still use textured surfaces. It's only such piecemeal surfaces as floorboards that'd need modelling each component.

Sorry thought I answered this already but I must've not pressed the submit button. They're not individual objects. You are correct in that it needs more detail in many places to look good. I also think you might be thinking about the effect from slightly the wrong angle ;)

there's interview about QB on eurogamer mixed with personal opinion.
-->

now im even more confused, do the tv-epiodes really important or not. He say that its an interactive media, so gamer have choice to skip it, just like skipping cutscene.

but when i skip cutscene, i will loss a good chunk of directly relevant story. Like if i skip Final Fantasy cutscene, i will get confused because sudenly i was transported somewhere else, different character, different mission.

or in QB, if i skip the tv-episodes, i will still be able to enjoy the game story in coherent way?

tl;dr
if i skip the tv-episodes, do i still be able to understand whats going on with QB story?

I think the shock of NHL's missing features and the potential switch to FIFA has blown a gasket in Scott's noggin...

I can only give you Canadian Tire money. You probably don't know what that is, but trust me, it's priceless.

Actually I do know what that is :) Buying your way into a AAA game with that would definitely be a first. So you have my attention :D

Actually I do know what that is :) Buying your way into a AAA game with that would definitely be a first. So you have my attention :D

I'm going to my parents' house tonight, so I'll see how much Canadian Tire money I can find in their basement.

Back