Quantum Break [XO] (by Remedy) *large images*

I'm watching the VGX right now and the game looks to be another graphical showpiece for the X1. The gameplay looks really cool. I've noticed that third person shooters are becoming more popular now as more games are taking this route vs FPS.

That's looking good. Sounds like the culmination of Max Payne & Alan Wake. Can't wait to see more.

Tommy McClain

Wish they release higher quality video, th eone at GT is pretty low res. The Third person shooter segments show the real graphics, the way I see it. The others tightly controlled cutscenes, but very impressive.

The time power shown for a fraction of a second, where he dashes forward, feels like infamous. In fact, the gameplay segment graphics also felt like Infamous but with heavy colour grading. But i am guessing they will be higher quality than Infamous as thats open world. Can't see much.

The fast infmous like powers make it interesting. Reveal a good quality trailer Remedy.

And my guess was right about the cinematic moments frozen in time :D ! BTW, The whole game feels Instagram-ed :p !

Last edited by a moderator:
Some parts are very nice [paused moments of destruction, which is of course totally pre-baked, this is linear singleplayer game after all], but others are a little bland. Hopefully we will get GQ video on Gamersyde soon so that we can see past the compression.

Looks great!! Really excited for this one. i didn't mind the forward onto dawn movie series, so the tie in could actually be okay. I actually don't mind the Marvel Agents of Shield tie ins either so maybe that's a little telling.

Hitting in the same grades as ISS graphically. Hard to tell for now.

Gamescom :( ! No E3?

And did he say "Jack Choice"? What a weird name.
Can't say anything else from the video. Does have CG like graphics, but what is the gameplay like in those gfx. I hope it isn't as hand held as Heavy Rain. I was really hoping to see it this E3...well.

There's a better-quality version of the trailer up on vimeo.

Also, some screenshots:

quantumbreak_gameplay1eu2l.jpg

quantumbreak_gameplayajugx.jpg

quantumbreak_gameplayd8ujf.jpg

quantumbreak_gameplayoguuo.jpg

And did he say "Jack Choice"? What a weird name.
It's Jack Joyce, it just sounds like Choice when filtered through a heavy Finnish accent.

Back