Quantum Break [XO] (by Remedy) *large images*

Looks cool, maybe a nitpik but I wish they would get away from the six sided bokeh, I don't think any real world lenses do that, the iris is usually at a minimum 8 blades.

Actually 6 bladed lenses are fairly common, you could find them from Canon and several other big name brands. In fact the most popular 50mm Canon prime lense only has 5 blades and that's part of the reason why it only costs about $100 and popular.

Actually 6 bladed lenses are fairly common, you could find them from Canon and several other big name brands. In fact the most popular 50mm Canon prime lense only has 5 blades and that's part of the reason why it only costs about $100 and popular.

Really? Well dang I've never seen one, all of mine are 8 or 9 blades even my old Minolta's from the 80s are 7 blades. I guess I stand corrected :) Still, they should go with more attractive bokeh, 6 sided is a bit harsh.

So, it seems the game is like "interactive scenes" where you can watch the scene from different angles and maybe give nudge here an there, like the memory sequences in Remember Me ? Those graphics look too good to be fully interactive.

But, in the interview, they keep saying its a action game too.....Interesting.

BTW, Th elady on top of this page looks too real ! I am amazed ! Even if they go for a David Cage style action + choices during the time dilated moments. this definitely looks cool !

in this pic the guy looks like an arnold schwarzenegger without muscles :LOL:

i am a bit blown away by the graphics theses consoles are showing, i was not expecting this quality at 1080p (i am a console only gamer), and this is just the beginning.
any info about this game being 30 or 60fps ?

The faces seem to be based on scan data, both the basic shape and the facial expression. Probably very similar to Halo 4 workflow, only at much higher resolutions.

Also

image_quantum_break-22372-2722_0002.jpg

image_quantum_break-22372-2722_0004.jpg

These look super-sampled to me. Bullshots? Remedy did spend most of Alan Wake's dev cycle passing off native 1280x720 frames as gameplay when the game only ran at 920x540 on release.

The face of the woman looks astounding. She looks near real to me. Especially since woman tend to look a bit weird in video games.

The face of the man, especially during talking is good. But it is not so out of this world to me any more, as e.g. the woman.

The developer said the demo was all "In-Engine"....there was no mention that this was actual gameplay....and I assume that this is an "In-Engine" cutscene as it doesn't actually show any actual gameplay.

I wonder when this game is supposed to come out? Is it Day One? Also I am interested in seeing some "Real" Gameplay, and wonder how big the environments are going to be...as all the "In-Engine" footage we have seen at E3 and at the XBox One reveal are all in small enclosed environments.

Way to catch the most interesting part of the images there. Yeah bullshot, OMG, I doesn't care about the game anymore.

Your overzealous bias against anything Microsoft is getting pretty boring.

I was reporting what the dev said in an afternoon showing with GameTrailer interview. Keighly said people are saying your game looks amazing and he said is it gameplay and he said yes that's the game and it means that people are appreciating his work. I'll see if I can find it again.

Way to catch the most interesting part of the images there. Yeah bullshot, OMG, I doesn't care about the game anymore.

Your overzealous bias against anything Microsoft is getting pretty boring.

But not as boring as your Microsoft cheerleading, I guess.

I was reporting what the dev said in an afternoon showing with GameTrailer interview. Keighly said people are saying your game looks amazing and he said is it gameplay and he said yes that's the game and it means that people are appreciating his work. I'll see if I can find it again.

I think I saw that interview as well. He said that you couldn't move the camera around directly, but that you have seven different angles in which you can look at it or something.

It made it very hard to get enthusiastic for. I know a lot of people were very high on Alan Wake though (quite a few people's game of the year back then), but I never got into it - I was hoping for an interactive adventure actually and instead felt that the game above all seemed to have way, way too much and repetitive shooting. Maybe I'll give the original another shot (360 version was $5 or so recently? And there's a PC version too I hear, self-published by the developer?), but at least that's what has been holding back my enthusiasm for this title so far.

I think I saw that interview as well. He said that you couldn't move the camera around directly, but that you have seven different angles in which you can look at it or something.

It made it very hard to get enthusiastic for. I know a lot of people were very high on Alan Wake though (quite a few people's game of the year back then), but I never got into it - I was hoping for an interactive adventure actually and instead felt that the game above all seemed to have way, way too much and repetitive shooting. Maybe I'll give the original another shot (360 version was $5 or so recently? And there's a PC version too I hear, self-published by the developer?), but at least that's what has been holding back my enthusiasm for this title so far.

The PC version is fantastic. I'm working my way through it right now. The graphics are fairly amazing for a console port. And the port was done very well.

A lot of the combat can be avoided as well by dodging/running for the next safe spot. Some spots you are forced to fight though.

Regards,
SB

I love Alan Wake and think that it is one of the best games with respect to story telling. Furthermore, the soundtrack is so good, I still get goose bumps!!

Back