Quantum Break [XO] (by Remedy) *large images*

Xenio

Regular
Banned
Realtime Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_64IZNgxPKs

quantambreak1uws9y.gif

the part with the ship hitting the bridge was real time?

yes, it's all realtime

Real Time but scripted more then likely so not as impressive as it looks...

as for all the games in history, anyway depends if the path of the ship was fixed or not
would be awesome if this is one of those things computed via cloud and every time you repeat a part of the gamy, things happens slightly different

I still have to play Alan Wake 1 -it's up to 80% off this week, afaik- but Remedy are one of my favourite developers.

Pic:

quantumbreak_screenshot2.jpg

This might be my launch game. Never played any COD/Battlefield games & since there doesn't seem to be any Red Dead, Batman, Halo or Gears games at launch, this could be a cool. Also, haven't played Alan Wake. I have it, but I want to finish a few other titles I started before I start it. Always loved the Remedy guys back in the Max Payne days. Only other title that could trump this is something from Rare.

Tommy McClain

This might be my launch game. Never played any COD/Battlefield games & since there doesn't seem to be any Red Dead, Batman, Halo or Gears games at launch, this could be a cool. Also, haven't played Alan Wake. I have it, but I want to finish a few other titles I started before I start it. Always loved the Remedy guys back in the Max Payne days. Only other title that could trump this is something from Rare.

Tommy McClain

if you haven't played Alan Wake I think you should. For me it's one of the best gaming experience in 20 years, the plot, the envirorment, the light, the immersion was awesome, if you like horror stories, if you read book, this is THE game, I hope that this will be on the same level, if it is the case, day 1 for me
I am thrilled to listen how they can use SHAPE audio with an horror/scifi game

Looks really good and my highlight in the show! Can't wait to learn more about it, especially since I like the games Remedy creates.

if you haven't played Alan Wake I think you should. For me it's one of the best gaming experience in 20 years, the plot, the envirorment, the light, the immersion was awesome, if you like horror stories, if you read book, this is THE game, I hope that this will be on the same level, if it is the case, day 1 for me

Yeah, Alan Wake was a blast. I really liked their way of story telling. Highly recommended!

Sound really could add to the immersion in a good horror game, Silent Hill on the PS2 was pretty scary at times and I can only image what that would have been like with 5.1 audio tracks mixed to enhance the suspense.

They're good developers, but I have learnt nothing from this trailer that is relevant to me wanting to play it, so I'm eagerly waiting for more info and actual gameplay stuffs. ;)

WIsh they had made CG cutscenes instead of the TV stuff. I am not a fan of those, but love good CG. Remedy is talented, hope they can blend the Live action and gameplay well, otherwise it will be off putting.

Max Payne(1,2) is still top notch, a true sequel is still pending Remedy ;)

"Quantum Break appears to blend a live action TV show with a video game, with actions in one affecting the other. Microsoft's Xbox One press release calls it "a revolutionary entertainment experience... that blurs the line between gaming and TV by integrating drama and gameplay into one seamless, uniquely immersive experience. How you play the game impacts the show, and the show informs how you play the game."

Source here.

I couldn't name another game where I had the best experience in scenes without any action. Though the action works from a mechanic pov it feels like a chore after some time. There were parts like for instance hiking in a mountain valley with a such beautiful lighted far sight. Here I wished it had a real exploration/adventure depth. The same with the car drive. I felt there were these lost opportunities to add some more depth by really interacting with the world which could have made it not just a great atmospheric experience but also a really great game.

Can anyone give me a link for where it says the bridge part is realtime? Sure it's not pre rendered cutscene? Screenshots look good but nothing mind blowing.

It's very likely pre-calculated, realtime rendered, as it doesn't look good enough IMO to be offline-rendered.

Not that the mast of a ship would be able to plow straight through a huge bridge like that in real life, it would bend or break off long before causing significant damage to the bridge, of course...

Back