Call of Duty: Ghost (Consoles)

First review of CoD Ghost by Polygon:

"The two versions look nearly identical. Viewing the Xbox One release next to the PS4 , I had difficulty telling them apart. It's possible that the PS4 version looked somewhat sharper, but that may have just been my imagination after confirming the hard resolution difference. The next-gen releases of Call of Duty: Ghosts are so close together that gun to my head, I'd have no confidence in being able to discern which version was which — at least, while the two are standing still.

The Xbox One release's framerate was far more noticeable. As mentioned in the initial review, Call of Duty: Ghosts suffers from consistent framerate drops on the PS4, especially during multiplayer when action got especially hectic. The Xbox One version suffered no such drops, maintaining a steady 60 frames per second throughout.

For a multiplayer shooter, framerate consistency is paramount. Given its relative visual parity with the PS4 release, Call of Duty: Ghosts is a more playable, slightly superior (albeit disappointing) game on Xbox One."

Bottom Line:

Xbox One Score: 7.0

PS4 Score 6.5

Read the full review at Polygon: http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/5/5052646/call-of-duty-ghosts-review

For a game like FPS would steady frame-rate be more important than resolution? Guess so according to polygon but still both disappointing.

Well, the campaign started special, like i mentioned earlier,, but went down the mundane COD way afterwards. I am yet to complete it, but thw chopper mission made me stop, where wg have to destroy this factory or something :-/ ! The game does present some cool ideas in sp,i guess you had a better visual experience on pc and that helped.

As for MP, nah, i am not alone, the game is boring. The maps are huge , too huge for 6vs6, and u have to unlock everything using Squad points. Now, u get only 2 squad points for each level -up and a decent gun costs 8-10 squad points. That equates to 4-5 level ups just to get a new gun, the accessories are another grind.

Now, u can earn squad points by completing field objectives too, but those field orders are completely contrary to your game :???:! I am lpaying Domination and the game won't reward me for capturing or defending points , no sireee, it asks me kill 3 peple while jumping :mad: to get extra squad points !!

Similarly, u can also earn squad points by completing operations, which are special mini missions IW sets every two weeks. Right now the very first mission is to run 5 miles using the Marathon perk. Well, lets do it: but the fact is that Marathon itself costs 8 squad points to unlock :mad: ! And thats how it goes..........

So, all I am earning as a dedicated player is 2 squad points per level up in a 6vs6 game which makes sure my level ups happen in long times.

OTOH, with 12vs12 in. BF4, i am levelling up super fast and rewards are rolling like electricity ! I have already found favourite guns, getting accessories almost every match and the game makes sure I earn lots of points even if I find a remote way of contributing to the objective ! Also, DICE has made sure tha smaller match types have smaller maps for fast action while larger match types have huge maps. IW thought its just better nto to work and throw the same maps in every mode, leading to empty TDMs and Kill Confimreds. The pace is very slow in this COD.

If the next gen versions have higher player counts leading to fun-ner matches, then it might feel better as stuff starts flowing, but right now its better to go for BF4 , even if u lpay only Dom, or stick with BO2 or MW3 if u hate BF.
Well, as I explained to you a long time ago, BF is not my thing for the online, because of several reasons -some of them have nothing to do with the game, BF4 seems to be a pretty good game, perhaps even better than BF3-.

On a different note, do you know if the game is 3D compatible, RenegadeRocks? A gaming site says it is -at least on the PS4, maybe Xbox One too-, and it was my main reason to pre-order CoD after the last CoD I played and purchased -CoD IV-.

Counter-productive incentives hurt Black Ops. The worst was how people would refuse to use STRELAs on choppers because you needed to shoot them to unlock Hardline Pro. Thankfully, they did away with that with BlOps2. That said, the only next-gen COD I'm interested in is a full HD remake of Black Ops.

What's HDR tone mapping, and how would I tell whether or not it's there?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...all-of-duty-ghosts-single-player-1080p-on-ps4

Activision will issue a day one patch for the PlayStation 4 version of Call of Duty: Ghosts that improves the native resolution of the single-player campaign, Eurogamer can exclusively reveal.

The patch makes the campaign output at a native 1080p resolution. Without it, the campaign outputs at 720p.

Eurogamer has since learned that a day one patch will be released to address the problem, which Activision is blaming on a "configuration issue".

"Call of Duty: Ghosts runs natively at 1080p on the PlayStation 4," an Activision spokesperson told Eurogamer this evening.

"There was a configuration issue in the retail version on single-player mode only. This has been addressed with a day one software update. People will be able to download the day one update when PlayStation 4 launches in their territory and play at native 1080p."

Without the day one update, you'll get the COD single-player upscaled, including the menu system and the HUD. Indeed, even the occasional screen-tear generated by the game is upscaled from 720p.

ctivision will issue a day one patch for the PlayStation 4 version of Call of Duty: Ghosts that improves the native resolution of the single-player campaign,
I think IW are copying the developers at Dice and taking the approach of never having played the single player game...

Screengrab from the Xbox One version

iwis6VZatnWWV.jpg

There seems to be a new patch and the devs seem to have addressed the 'boring gameplay' complaints quite a bit. The standard gameplay seems to have that COD fun feel now. I don't know what they have changed, whether the damage of the bullets, or the health of players, or something else, but now it feels like who oever aims better wins, not who saw first.

You next gen guys must be getting these tweaks on day 1, so thankfully u won't have to know the earlier gameplay.

Game is fun now, atleast in the most basic TDM. Somehow , I don't feel like lpaying DOM in ghosts, whihc is weird, cos that used to be my favourite mode before. After all, its Conquest, which I still love in BF4.

supposedly pics from PS4 version before/after 1080p patch
It looks better without having to recount pixels. I already have the image at my head and the improvement is visible. It's not so noticeable though, because of diminishing returns, but it's certainly there.

Does anyone here in the forum have the PS4 version? If so, could you confirm if it features stereoscopic 3D support, please?

There seems to be a new patch and the devs seem to have addressed the 'boring gameplay' complaints quite a bit. The standard gameplay seems to have that COD fun feel now. I don't know what they have changed, whether the damage of the bullets, or the health of players, or something else, but now it feels like who oever aims better wins, not who saw first.

You next gen guys must be getting these tweaks on day 1, so thankfully u won't have to know the earlier gameplay.

Game is fun now, atleast in the most basic TDM. Somehow , I don't feel like lpaying DOM in ghosts, whihc is weird, cos that used to be my favourite mode before. After all, its Conquest, which I still love in BF4.

I'm wary of anecdotal accounts of gameplay, especially considering COD is so damn inconsistent (be it due to the poor netcode, or players being typically susceptible to placebo effects). But hopefully what you say is true; from what I've seen, the game desperately needs to tone down the damage of most of the weapons; as they stand, they are way overpowered and easy to use, requiring little to no aiming or recoil-control skill.

This is why I'm holding off on buying this game until I know Infinity Ward implements some semblance of weapon balance.

I assume you're playing on PS3 or 360. Did you started noticing the changes to gameplay immediately after applying the patch? When did the patch release for you?

I'm wary of anecdotal accounts of gameplay, especially considering COD is so damn inconsistent (be it due to the poor netcode, or players being typically susceptible to placebo effects). But hopefully what you say is true; from what I've seen, the game desperately needs to tone down the damage of most of the weapons; as they stand, they are way overpowered and easy to use, requiring little to no aiming or recoil-control skill.

This is why I'm holding off on buying this game until I know Infinity Ward implements some semblance of weapon balance.

I assume you're playing on PS3 or 360. Did you started noticing the changes to gameplay immediately after applying the patch? When did the patch release for you?

I can't tell the exact date of the patch as I had stopped playing Ghosts, as it was too boring , like I had mentioned earlier. A friend messaged me saying the game has improved after the new patch. So, I tried it out two days back (?) and the change is instantly noticeable. The thing is that now there's a split second to react when someone shoots at you, leading to a fair fight of who aims better, not just who saw the other first. Thats how I get it. Whether they toned down the weapon damage or upped the player health, I cannot tell, the patch notes might give a better understanding. As for placebo, no it can't be because I played again for two hours yesterday and this is not the Ghosts I had played on launch. The same maps, same player count and the game is different now. This one is fun in TDM, it wasn't earlier. But its mainly because now I get a chance to react and there's actually a fight. Earlier it was just a camping heaven where anyone who just camps with a gun pointed at a door won. Not so anymore.

As for recoil, some weapons have it and need to be controlled but the guns I am using presently don't need much control, just aim right and shoot. But then I have unlocked new guns now, so can't comment on the gun I was using earlier.

I am playing on the ps3, btw. DOM is still not fun to me in this one, and was my preferred mode in previous CODs. I must tell you, I am not a COD fan. I stopped playing CODs after COD4. I played MW3 MP for a month and half and Black Ops MP for a week. I can't play COD MP for more than a month, usually, gets too repetitive. Just saying, so that you can place my feedback accordingly.

Also, IMHO, this COD has some very good maps, MW3 ones were very bland except for Hardhat and Dome (?). THe only problem here is that the maps are BIG and PS360 player count feels low for those big maps. I hope the PS4X1 hve higher player count.

Back