Forza 5 [XO] *large pics inside*

Learner Driving Centres typical discussions aside...I have 11 games already and Halo Spartan Assault is going to be my number 12 Xbox One game -the game I am getting for xmas-, one of the reasons being this livery for Forza 5.

The Halo: Spartan Assault 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302 :smile2:

forza5_halo_fordmustangboss_660_01.jpg

forza5_halo_fordmustangboss_660_02.jpg

forza5_halo_fordmustangboss_660_03.jpg

More details here:

https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Head...artan-Assault-1969-Ford-Mustang-Boss-302.aspx

Ha, I thought you meant the Thunderhill out by me, but that is just an oval. My first car was a Porsche (no silver spoon, I had to rebuild it), and that thing snapped me into a flat spin on a country road in an heartbeat one time. Sunroof came flying off, engine turned backwards since I did not yet know you had to dump the clutch in situations like that. Car was famous for snap oversteer, I kept it up until a few years ago when I was tired of feeding it alternators. It became fun to drive as I improved it, and would let you hang the tail out if you wanted instead of just going into a hell death spin.

Our current daily driver is a bore to drive, even in the rain you can't get it to misbehave. Darn 4-wheel drive and magic computers. This all relates to Forza I promise. ;)

Cyan - I am working on that rival challenge with you, I could not keep my eyes open last night (or was it this morning) and my setups kept getting worse and worse.

My home kart track finally has google maps showing the construction of our expansion, wish it showed the actual state it is in now. HCKC Raceway
My first race tonight and look what happens.

Your own Drivatar was there!! :smile: Just in front of my car and some Drivatar stuff happened. It was so fun!

This was on Expert difficulty level. (I'd wholeheartedly recommend to watch the video in full-screen, Upload Studio compression make things difficult to discern at low resolutions)

This was one of the most realistic driving experiences I lived in the game. :smile2:

In the previous video I appear to be able to handle the car well --it is the Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera Day One Edition (rated A700).

That's not actually the case. It's a fun but complicated car to drive. Counter-steering is a common occurrence with this car.

I spun in the end after a long fight against physics and weight transfer, but it was very realistic, hence fun. :eek:

The car veered, I thought I had managed to stabilise it for a couple of seconds, but nothing further from the truth, it veered again, then it fumbled, at some point after so much fumble it began to skid, but I thought it would be manageable, it wasn't and that's what happens. :devilish: :devilish: :rolleyes:

It is my first purchase ever in the game. I have just like 5 cars -3 are gifts from my Limited Collector's Edition, plus I have a LaFerrari 'cos I bought the LaFerrari pack and had the LCE, so they gift the car to you without having to spend the credits-.

They don't give you cars anymore by completing events and I like to make the most out of a few cars, so I barely buy cars. I will, eventually, whenever I gather a respectable amount of credits.

OMG,
minutes ago The Stig Digital Cousing suddenly appeared in my career! I don't know why, I haven't done anything special.

I was getting ready for a "normal" race with a new car, my favourite car in Forza 4 -it handled like a dream, not to mention how beautiful it is-, the 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10, and then that happened... :oops:

I saved the video and uploaded it to Youtube.

There is a rumour saying that the Unbeatable difficulty level Drivatars are The Stig, but I hadn't selected that difficulty level.

Gotta play that challenge now, and see what happens.:eek:

EDIT: UPDATE.

This is part of what happened.

I think the 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 is going to be my car for a long, long time, and I am going to drive it with exhaustion.

Aesthetically wise, it is the most beautiful car in the game for me, and the handling is just great for its specs.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, that course looks a million times more interesting that the courses they were showing initially, like the one in a city and the conventional race tracks. As soon as my friend tracks down a One, I'm looking forward to giving Forza 5 a go!

@Cyan - your move again!

I am having tons of fun with the Lotus, even if you just go putt around in it Sunday driving you can carve nice curves and just have fun.

Edit: Where did they hide the ability to replay telemetry? I was working on setups and never found anything in my replays, so I had to drive with it on screen which was a bit hard to follow. I must be missing something simple.

To me, that course looks a million times more interesting that the courses they were showing initially, like the one in a city and the conventional race tracks. As soon as my friend tracks down a One, I'm looking forward to giving Forza 5 a go!
Trust me you can't go wrong with it. It's a Forza game with a few enhancements -the only downside the amount of cars is not the same as in Forza 4 and there are less tracks, too facts that influenced the reviews, but the game is better than ever now in every other way-, the series has a great foundation and Forza 5 is a super vitaminised Forza.

Jwm, you beat my time in what was essentially a stunning lap! I tried for about 5 laps or so but you are so fast in that lap, shaving off like 400-500ms from my previous time requires such a fine driving and timing that I don't know if I will ever make it. I will eventually get back to you though.

Impactful driving... Well done.

Very realistic lighting seems to be global illumination.
I think I've seen that car somewhere in the game...

I am placed 123 of the world in this track, and I recorded the entire lap when I made that time just to share –Renegaderocks, :smile2: if you are reading this, that’s me at my finest-.

I have never ever been so way up in the leaderboards –my best time in Forza 4 was placed in the 2500-ish range-.

I got used to the handling of the 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 :love::love: so quickly ‘cos the car is just awesome, of course.

In my opinion, one of the keys –among others- is that I didn’t gear down in that slope before the antepenultimate turn, even if I was maxing out the 3rd gear. If you gear up to 4th gear you end up losing speed and momentum.

The difficult part here is not to go over the yellow line so you won't get marked with an "!", which means that your time won't be validated among the best times, no matter how good it is.

p.s. there is room for improvement, but I don't feel like it.

I just started digging into this game. I'm still on the little coupe series at the beginning of the game. It's really awesome though . Just scratching the surface so far.

I think I've seen that car somewhere in the game...

I am placed 123 of the world in this track, and I recorded the entire lap when I made that time just to share –Renegaderocks, :smile2: if you are reading this, that’s me at my finest-.

I have never ever been so way up in the leaderboards –my best time in Forza 4 was placed in the 2500-ish range-.

I got used to the handling of the 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 :love::love: so quickly ‘cos the car is just awesome, of course.

In my opinion, one of the keys –among others- is that I didn’t gear down in that slope before the antepenultimate turn, even if I was maxing out the 3rd gear. If you gear up to 4th gear you end up losing speed and momentum.

The difficult part here is not to go over the yellow line so you won't get marked with an "!", which means that your time won't be validated among the best times, no matter how good it is.

p.s. there is room for improvement, but I don't feel like it.

What wheel are you using?

@cyan: Congrats on the ranking buddy :D! Can't see the video, for some reason it isn't showing up, on my iPad. Will definitely chkt out on PC. A bit busy these days, if everything goes well, I might have a big news to share about my game :) !

@cyan: Congrats on the ranking buddy :D! Can't see the video, for some reason it isn't showing up, on my iPad. Will definitely chkt out on PC. A bit busy these days, if everything goes well, I might have a big news to share about my game :) !

Awesome! Wish I could get back to work on my projects, about 7-years ago I drew up some ideas of what I wanted to create as my top project. No Man's Sky is basically it, but mine was 2D side scrolling worlds with 3D space exploration. I guess they will save me some trouble.

Oh right..Forza! I am much happier now that I fixed my controller deadzone settings and took it off of simulation (I don't have a wheel). Some cars I don't like still, almost like the low speed handling has way too little grip. Some cars are a dream and just beg you to keep pushing them. I have had a few cars that oddly seem to communicate to you where they are capable of actually braking for a corner or turning in towards the apex, when that happens the game is magical.

My biggest graphical gripe is going to be the jaggies on the track stripes, if they fixed just that it would be a world of difference. I could care less about aliasing outside of what you would normally be looking at, just the track itself is a bit distracting.

It is funny, I read a review and they complained that they could not feel subtle changes to car settings (GT6 vs FM5). I am not sure which Forza they were playing, if you change spring rates you can feel it and see it while watching replays. Although I have yet to set the camber to something stupid to see if the wheels show the change.

Anyway - add Talryyn to XBL if anyone wants to rival challenge, etc.

Edit: I wish you could change the cockpit seating, the dash and cluster are pretty. Reality is you don't normally see that much. Next time you are in your car do a mental comparison, you will find that you see much more of the road. Simbin for example lets you change seating height, distance, etc. It is now on my FM6 wishlist.

@JWM: Yeah, hoping all goes smoothly and I am able to actually celebrate this xmas and share te news with you guys. Praying!

@Cyan: Dude, you drive so well :cool: ! BTW< Couldn't help but notice that the exteriors of the car, whatever little was visible, was not really getting lit by Sunlight or getting dark when in shadows, while the cockpit had beautiful sunlight dancing around nicely. Is it still the case, even after release that exteriors aren't affected by lighting. I thought it was a bug when they showed their first direct feed footage.

@JWM: Yeah, hoping all goes smoothly and I am able to actually celebrate this xmas and share te news with you guys. Praying!

@Cyan: Dude, you drive so well :cool: ! BTW< Couldn't help but notice that the exteriors of the car, whatever little was visible, was not really getting lit by Sunlight or getting dark when in shadows, while the cockpit had beautiful sunlight dancing around nicely. Is it still the case, even after release that exteriors aren't affected by lighting. I thought it was a bug when they showed their first direct feed footage.
Thanks Renegaderocks. :smile: Not the most technical track -Sebring, Spa, Yas Marina, and a few others are tougher-, it is in fact a high speed track, but I recorded that and thought it would be a good idea to share it.

Believe it or not, I am not an expert at Forza. I've had ALL the Forza games, but I clocked like 20 hours total in Forza 4.

It's just that Forza 5 feels so nice to drive with the cockpit view -for whatever reason, I don't find a logical explanation, it just happens- that it comes naturally to me, again, for some reason.

I am placing relatively high in the leaderboard in a few tracks, some of them very technical.

Additionally, I am just playing using logic, not only skills. Here are some tips:

- Break or let off the gas before a turn. Either that or you can just flat shift. Turns are meant to gain speed once you have braked before taking them. You can accelerate in short bursts and letting off the gas coming out corners if you braked well before. Braking in a turn should only happen in dramatic situations. :smile2:

- Don't break within a turn. If you entered the turn too fast you will have to brake and some point, and no grip coefficient, the weight distributions at various points within the turn, and the braking lift forces, will save you from losing some time.

- It's not advisable to gear up in pronounced slopes (might depend on the car, the slope, and other factors like momentum, of course, but that tip works most of the time).

- The perfect driving line is a mythological creature. I don't even think that exists, because again it depends on many factors and your car/setup/gear can make a huge difference.

As for the reflections, the car's bonnet surface is affected by the shadowed and sunlit areas -you can see it in the first seconds of the video when the sun's light bathes the car from right to left-, but I don't know if it's the lighting of the track, the colour of the car or something else, but while reflections move around, there isn't much difference when moving from areas in shade and sunlit areas, I agree.

This other video of mine shows that the engine works well in regards to that, so it could be an entirely different circumstance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3QvLFKMoa4

I didn't know you are programming a game. I wish you the best of luck with that, I am curious about that game now. Good luck Renegaderocks.

What wheel are you using?
I don't use a wheel. :/ For now.... I have the Xbox 360's official wheel but I don't have a wheel for the Xbox One yet.

I play using Simulation Steering, it is a tad more complicated and they give you CR bonuses with it on -I play without assists other than the clutch-.

Simulation Steering was introduced in Forza 4, it's just an awesome feature, and this video explaining it is really well made -congrats to the author of the video, good stuff-:

I don't use a wheel. :/ For now.... I have the Xbox 360's official wheel but I don't have a wheel for the Xbox One yet.

I play using Simulation Steering, it is a tad more complicated and they give you CR bonuses with it on -I play without assists other than the clutch-.

Simulation Steering was introduced in Forza 4, it's just an awesome feature, and this video explaining it is really well made -congrats to the author of the video, good stuff-:

I will try Sim steering again since I am mainly playing in rivals - but in the races I was just getting slapped around by "AI" drivatars and would end up with the tail slapping of death and usually find a wall to crater into. So I switch to Normal and was happier, but I have been tuning my setups for more turn-in which I guess Sim already gives you.

I was looking at the miles driven so far, I think my late morning sessions are adding up. HAHA 1322 miles so far.

I will try Sim steering again since I am mainly playing in rivals - but in the races I was just getting slapped around by "AI" drivatars and would end up with the tail slapping of death and usually find a wall to crater into. So I switch to Normal and was happier, but I have been tuning my setups for more turn-in which I guess Sim already gives you.

I was looking at the miles driven so far, I think my late morning sessions are adding up. HAHA 1322 miles so far.
hahah, I know that feeling so well.

As for Sim steering is a game changer -I think I'd never be able to make certain steering corrections if it weren't because of it-, I think, just like individual trigger feedback, both things make playing with the gamepad more realistic and enjoyable.

The trigger feedback helps a lot with braking and when you are skidding, bumps -it's so nice at Sebring, you can feel those bumps in the last turn-.

I haven't counted the miles -just did, following your link, thanks for sharing, that's great stuff-. 790 miles here :p.

Jwm, your time is almost unbeatable for me. I managed to post a time of 1:10:440 the day I had beaten your previous time but I failed just in the last turn -as I always do when I get super nervous when I know I have taken all the turns well and can make a good time-.

I tried a few laps and could try more, but at 400 something place in the world I am fine with it. Maybe I will get back to you eventually but I am not holding my breath. The time is just too good. Well done, and congratulations on that. Your Drivatar always finishes in the first places of every race I participate on, so...

On a side note, I would love to have the 2010 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR-X, since the 2008 version was my favourite car in Forza 4 and the new one could easily be my favourite car in Forza 5.

I paid an extra -50€- for the game and I can download 6 DLC packs for free now, so I hope the car is included in one of those, and the Nurburgring! Can't wait to see a next gen Nurburgring.

The 2010 Viper STR10 ACR-X held the record of Nurburgring til the Porsche 918 shaved 15 seconds off of the previous time. Here is the lap when the Viper set the lap record.

Back