Forza 5 [XO] *large pics inside*

Am I missing something or are there shadows on all the cars in the gameplay here?

EDIT: This video was published today on YT.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no reason there won't be shadows in the final built , it's pretty trivial ...
I mean they took the time to put volumetric, fluffy clouds , but no shadows ?
Come on .

They really need to fix the shadowing on the car, it looks very strange. Even current gen games have environmental shadowing regardless whether it's faked or not.

it is probably a bug,we don't know how old these demos are..even forza 4 has shadowing..why turn10 won't put it on a next gen console?

the shadow maps are present and but only affecting specular at the moment. presumably that will be fixed.

it is probably a bug,we don't know how old these demos are..even forza 4 has shadowing..why turn10 won't put it on a next gen console?

Yeah most likely a bug in that particular track because in the other track in cockpit view all the shadows are there and they move with the angle of the sun too.

The environment looks very poor to me in that new direct feed video. I dunno, but I'm pretty sure GTA 5 compares favorably, maybe even better:oops:

Jaggylicious, very static looking lighting and shadowing, weird shading on the car, I don't know man but how is this impressive in any sort of way?

Will be impressive at 1080p due to the sharp graphics. The clouds add the jazz. Somehow remond me of japanese shaolin movies :p
It has that feel of that gt5 race track set in switzerland, where u feel you aren't in that place but moving in a photograph of that place.

These are all Luanch games, we should be just happy they are much better than previous gen launch titles in terms of polish.

Jaggylicious, very static looking lighting and shadowing, weird shading on the car, I don't know man but how is this impressive in any sort of way?

The general consensus is because it's 1920*1080 and the framerate is locked at 60hz...

I believe it's because people judge it as a 360 game, and thus are really impressed by it, at least that is my theory.
They don't even take into account that the Xbox One is a magnitude more powerful than the PS3, which had an even more impressive game (lighting, volumetric smoke, shadows, reflections, HDR, 24H) on a technical level released 3 years ago.

Forza 5 should look like GT5 photomode, but in realtime. Not the other way around:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW66fvPIHFg
this is a 2007 game btw

It's pretty bizarre considering the Jimmy Fallon gameplay was quite a bit better than this latest vid. If it's just a difference in polish (per map) then someone in PR probably needs to be shot. Or swarmed with kittens. In kittymobiles. That threaten to scratch their cars. :3

60FPS version of the latest video for those who care for that stuff. :p

http://www.gamefront.com/files/2372...rect+Feed+Gameplay+_+Bernese+Alps+(60FPS).mp4

I was having a closer look at the video, and it appears they are doing frame interpolation... (!!??!)

forza5_fi.gif

Pay special attention to the road sign just before entering the tunnel....

[edit]
Actually, I notice some of the HUD is also glitching slightly - but that might just be the video compressor struggling with the extreme changes. Or perhaps the video is a 30->60 conversion :)?:)

[edit3]
Yeah. it's gotta be a 30->60 video conversion, especially if Gamersyde only got a 30fps version of the same thing. Crisis averted. :mrgreen:

Hey guys, the vid is from me. Just wanted to make a 60fPS version of the video until Gamersyde releases a proper one. Forza (mainline) just looks weird in 30fps. Also youtube was the source I used :p

Back