Business Approach Comparison Sony PS4 and Microsoft Xbox

And they say Europeans have no money for consumption.

While Denmark wasn't hit the hardest of the European countries it still hurt enough to scare people to hold back on purchase (consumer confidence) which is natural when your house or other property loses a lot of value.

However, right now the confidence is re-building and the new consoles is timed perfectly as is their price, the games are way to expensive, at least the suggested price is. A next gen game in Denmark costs between 90 and 110 dollars.. YEAH!

I can´t talk for other countries and i would expect spain for example to be a tough nut for MS and Sony.

Nintendo should really go for a WII-cheapU that was priced lower than the PS3 and 360. Next gen for half the price.. or something like it..

isnt that its the reverse? its not Euro price thats awful expensive, but its US price thats the lowest.

Lowyat, a malaysian forum made this table:

131114ps4launchmy11.jpg

http://www.lowyat.net/2013/11/price...aysia-vs-selected-countries-around-the-world/
US and JP - the country where the living standard is high - have the cheapest PS4

btw Indonesian official price is the same as EU price. But since last month reseller sell it about 50 Eur cheaper.

But which of these prices are including taxes? Sales, vat and what not? I think US prices are without taxes while EU includes VAT at least.

I noticed on amazon.com you have to pay 30 usd extra for warranty, at least in the eu there is waranty included.

The other thing is that in electronics, EU generally requires better warrantees than the US so the price probably reflects the additional costs of including a better warranty.

But which of these prices are including taxes? Sales, vat and what not? I think US prices are without taxes while EU includes VAT at least.

I noticed on amazon.com you have to pay 30 usd extra for warranty, at least in the eu there is waranty included.

VAT is higher than sales tax too that I know. Sales tax is probably 6-8% in USA depending on area.

Also I'm pretty sure there's generally about a 1yr manufacturer warranty on electronics in the USA too. In EU I thought it was 2 years.

Extended warranty offers are kind of a scam in USA, retailers push them because they are almost pure profit as few end up actually using them if they buy them. Also I the fine print they tend to only kick in once the manf. warranty ends, so they are only liable for 1yr of that "two year" warranty. Basically preying on consumer ignorance.

Just had a look in NZ (15% gst)
ps4 = $565 (us $490) though all eletronics in nz come with a 2-3 yr guarantee by law

VAT is higher than sales tax too that I know. Sales tax is probably 6-8% in USA depending on area.

Also I'm pretty sure there's generally about a 1yr manufacturer warranty on electronics in the USA too. In EU I thought it was 2 years.

Extended warranty offers are kind of a scam in USA, retailers push them because they are almost pure profit as few end up actually using them if they buy them. Also I the fine print they tend to only kick in once the manf. warranty ends, so they are only liable for 1yr of that "two year" warranty. Basically preying on consumer ignorance.

Denmark has a 25% tax on everything sold.

6 month warranty and after that 18 months of limited warranty, basically the customer has to prove the product was defect since it broke down. Sounds awful and it can be, but in most cases it's ok, for example i should expect a TV to last 24 months if it doesn't then the warranty should cover it.

And yet it was originally denied Zen as an option despite their repeated requests and clear warning about how unpopular that decision would be. And then after two days of bile on the Xbox Wire comments section and Zen forum, just as Zen predicted, MS is suddenly actively working to make it happen... It was not revealed to be a technical limitation, just like I said, and was instead a shitty policy MS was forced to reverse after yet another unanticipated backlash. That is the sequence of events here.

https://forum.zenstudios.com/showth...FX2’s-Release-on-Xbox-One-and-Table-Transfers

We will be able to implement table transfers on Xbox One starting from Pinball FX2’s launch. Any available table on Xbox One that was previously purchased for Xbox 360 can be imported to the new version free of charge.

However, as this process will take a bit more development time for the game, Pinball FX2 version of Xbox One will see a slight delay from its original release date this week to next month. We apologize to any fans affected by this delay, but we pledge to make it up to you by incorporating this highly desired feature.

Once again, we cannot thank you enough for your support through this process, as well as Microsoft’s, who took your feedback very seriously and worked with us to implement this feature. And again, we do apologize for the delay while we create the Pinball FX2 experience that our fans both want and deserve

Original issue now a non-issue and both MS and the dev need to do work. Still smells like infrastructure and this isn't (yet) an automatic process.

P5Xd2dz.png

Pricecut for Europe?

I don't think it will help them in sales, but this kind of competition is always wanted.

It would make sense in Spain, where Xbox has been very weak traditionally anyway versus Playstation, even last generation.

Well they need sales help, especially in deep Europe. 349 in Europe and White Sunset Overdrive 399 bundle in states can help.

Feels a little panicky though, and maybe even too soon, I'd think maybe they'd at least wait a few months to fully see if 399 SKU gains traction.

In my time (30 A.D) the Black Forest or the Carpathian mountains were considered deep Europe.
Monsters lurked in those places :yep2:

How's the situation now?
Do werewolves still attack the caravans there?

In my time (30 A.D) the Black Forest or the Carpathian mountains were considered deep Europe.
Monsters lurked in those places :yep2:

How's the situation now?
Do werewolves still attack the caravans there?
Nobody attacks gypsies. The tables have turned :yep2:

Back