Microsoft Xbox Reveal Event - May 21, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
..So where are all those transistors going? Isn't the PS4 something like 3 Billion?

That's a hell of a difference.

Good pic of the XBox One controller (from VentureBeat)

xbox-one-controller.png

xbox-one_3.png

xbox-one-shot.png

Hardware looks...big. Like, American big. Huge square lump of plastic, remeniscent of the original xbox. No idea why it looks so huge, unless there's the mother of all heatsinks in there. Design-wise, it looks...adequate.

TV integration looks slick for sure, but you know, MS... I have a TV, for watching TV. Slick yes, but giving-a-shit-factor around 1/10. Also, good luck bringing seamless channel switching, localized content etc to upwards of 50 discrete Euro countries.

Sports games galore. A long segment about EA sports, then a car racing game. Again, giving-a-shit-factor, 1/10.

Another game, and IT'S A FMV GAME!!! Wow Remedy, the 1990s called and wanted their gameplay back! :LOL:

More american football (sports) shit. Other than the US and maybe Canada I dunno, who really cares?

...More TV focus. Will there be ANYthing other than sports games and TV on XB1? ;) Oh yeah. CoD Ghost. Looks good I think, but it's really hard to judge quality accurately on a streamed "HD" webcast, and even harder on a SD-rez webcast over 3G after lightning blasted your broadband internet connection to shit. CoD Ghost could be awesome on XB1, but I didn't hear one word about exclusivity? It's activision and they're dollar whores so it would cost MS hugely to buy total exclusivity, instead they got to reveal the game.

Joypad looks very bog standard, apart from what I interpret as triggers with motion feedback. Not sure what the point would be; you could possibly model the trigger force on various models of firearms for example (maybe that would explain what I interpret as a huge battery bulge on the underside of the pad, as proper force feedback would probably draw quite a bit of current.) Also: cue new screamings from rabid attention whores and ignorant media of shooter games being accurate killer simulators for teh kiddies... *gah*

I think force feedback triggers are about as useless as a touchpad and built-in speaker in a joypad, but hey... It's a shiny new gadget with a useless gimmick built into it (that may be mechanically fragile, we don't know yet), and I love shiny gadgets with gimmicks, so yeah I'll take one please. :LOL: I think MS should have put more effort into designing force feedback into the STICKS instead, but that's just me.

I will keep saying this untill someone tells what the big deal :

ummm....I can already switch between TV and games at the press of a button ! Whats the big deal? I don't have to change inputs, I have them all connected already !

True in my world, it's called AV Receiver.

Here in Europe the trend is unencrypted channels for basic subscription so you can dump your STB and use the receiver in the TV itself or plug in a CI+ module with smartcard.

STB only makes sense for premium channels (but we're cheap ...) and DVR.

In case you missed something most of the case there's online.

they are claiming the new controller communicates with the console at least 15% faster than 360

also tiny rumble motors in the triggers

the internet hates xbox.

looking at multiple youtube vids of this reveal posted by ign etc, pretty much every top rated comment is basically some variation on "i'm gonna buy a ps4 screw xbox" "why do you think it called Xbox one? One more reason to buy a PS4!" (500 thumbs up)

Whoops.. there goes the neighborhood

Microsoft has said that a fee would be charged for any game disc to be tied to a second Xbox Live account following its initial installation. This is likely to limit the market for second-hand games, but would not eliminate the possibility altogether. The company is yet to confirm whether players will be able to play games from the disc or run them on secondary accounts without paying for the installation, nor has it given any indication of what the fee may be.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/4352314/xbox-one-hard-drive-game-installs

god the internet hates xbox.

looking at multiple youtube vids of this reveal posted by ign etc, pretty much every top rated comment is basically some variation on "i'm gonna buy a ps4 fuck xbox" "why do you think it called Xbox one? One more reason to buy a PS4!" (500 thumbs up)

Well, they should have seen that coming. I don't care what demographics/consumers they're going after, but only gamers/tech nerds will be tuning in at this time to watch the damn thing.

After some of the comments I read here, it seems going shopping with my girlfriend was a better idea than watching this after all!!!!

And the first thing I saw at gametrailers, was HD ramble...
I'm still laughing!!!!

does any of the tv service stuffs even matters to other region outside of US?

Does normal TV matter at all anymore? I get it for sport events but here I even mostly watch NBA games on a pad/laptop. My big screen TV is only used for games or films. Political disinformation/news and the other fluff shows + ads are not part of my media experience anymore.

so far next gen gfx are a mostly a lot of fail.

most impressive thing i've seen so far is bf4, and it wasnt crazy impressive either. just really good.

forza 5 looked awesome, but it wasnt strictly gameplay angle either. next gen seems allergic to gameplay angle footage.

I have to agree box is sexy. Don't see the big deal with a large box. It's not too big to fit in my av rack.

I'm sure it's going to be standard AV equipment size, at least nothing larger than that.

After some of the comments I read here, it seems going shopping with my girlfriend was a better idea than watching this after all!!!!

And the first thing I saw at gametrailers, was HD ramble...
I'm still laughing!!!!

Going shopping with girlfriend > Xbox presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back