Carmageddon on Android

swaaye

Entirely Suboptimal
Legend
Supporter
I don't know if this is the right forum but I feel the need to speak of the joy that I feel from having the original Carmageddon ported to Android. It's a nice port, apparently from Stainless Games, the original company. It has the graphics of the 3dfx edition. They've added some nice touch based UI aspects.

It costs $1.99. I think that's an appealing price. :D

The Galaxy Ace has a MSM7227 and judging how the looks, there's really no reason for it not to run pretty well in that phone.

But honestly? The game sucks.
And playing the game to reach that conclusion was like watching He-Man or MacGyver nowadays. Don't let curiosity show you that most of the stuff you enjoyed in teenage/childhood is actually really bad for today's standards.

Nonetheless, the game is available for ipad.

Which game of today is like Carmageddon?

Hmm.. I it on the ios too? Cos i don't think my Galaxy Ace will be able to take it, but my ipad sure can !

Looked up the Galaxy Ace specs. I'm not sure how well it will run on a 800 MHz ARM 11. Carmageddon tends to be rather CPU intensive for some reason. On a Cortex A8 + SGX 540 it generally runs very well but there are occasional bouts of stutter.

Back