Gran Turismo 6

:LOL:

Looking forward to more of fearsomepirate's impression.

Part 3 of the Engine Sounds blog post series is now up.

And another piece of background regarding the general feedback that sound started to sound cheap since GT5, is not that the quality of the sound source had changed, but is in the fact that the method of creating a realistic and precise soundscape was improved first.

In order to make the system compatible with true surround sound, it was set up so that the positions of a massive number of sound sources within a space, and the directions of sound emissions were calculated precisely. And with automatic gain control, the audio level of the entire scene was output without overflowing and without distortion. This made it so that engine sounds that used to be overdriven and extremely distorted until GT4 was now ringing through clean without distortion, and with an old sound sampling the weakness of the sound source became very noticeable.

I like and am worried by the fact that he ends the statement with that they are hiring ... I also forwarded it to a university professor I know in the field. :D

And its also pains me that there are no sound engineers around anymore that can “make sound”.
20 years ago, there was a culture of sound synthesizers, where it was like “if you can’t record it, make it”. But since the advent of samplers, there are less and less people nowadays that are able to trace back sounds to their original principles of creation, and synthesize sounds that sound authentic.

I'll bet he just didn't look much outside of Japan. I highly doubt this is true.

I only played the first two games, but out of curiosity, would like to know if the races are still always very close. I remember that unless there was an abysmal difference in the quality the cars, no matter how well you guided, you never was going to end much in front of the AI. You could race again, improve your lap time about five seconds each lap and still finish barely in front of your opponents. Is still that way or they fixed it in some previous installment ?

No, if you've got the car and the skill, you can end way in front.

I am getting tired of catch-up races again. They still made it so that the easiest way to beat every race is to cram a ton of HP under your hood, since you always start way behind the leader.

I only played the first two games, but out of curiosity, would like to know if the races are still always very close. I remember that unless there was an abysmal difference in the quality the cars, no matter how well you guided, you never was going to end much in front of the AI. You could race again, improve your lap time about five seconds each lap and still finish barely in front of your opponents. Is still that way or they fixed it in some previous installment ?

This feature left the series campaing after GT3, though some of the missions, especially one-on-one races do seem to have it a little still (they tend to stay around you). But up to GT4, there was an actual power multiplier configured for AI cars even by default. In the new games, the cars just drive better or worse, but the car physics/power/ratios etc don't change during the game.

And yes, I miss qualifying!

Does this out PS4 Gran Turismo?

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/toyota-vision-gran-turismo-ft-1-concept-2014-08-14

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

(First and last one is a real world mock up, should've read further in the article lol)

I haven't played GT6 on PS3, but these look way too good to me for the PS3 to be able to handle.

they took the picture using 10 year old cellphone or something? O_O

i though the 2nd picture is a video game due to flat and blurry road texture (need AF).

Now that the newness has worn off:

1. I agree with everyone's assessment that this is what GT5 should have been.

2. It is pretty obvious that PD makes GT6 because they like making 3D models of cars and physics simulations. They don't really care about anything else.

3. The variance in asset quality really bothers me. Grand Valley looks like crap. Willow Springs is gorgeous.

4. Every. Race. Is. A. Two. Lap. Catch-Up. The races are starting to get stale and unfun. It's just the exact same thing over and over...get a qualifying car, cram a little extra power into it so you have a shot at catching the leader, and drive like a maniac so that you can close the 8-second gap between you and him in under three minutes.

5. I just looked at Japanese for the first time last night. There are over 1200 cars in the game...300 of them are the exact same make of Miata.

I don't know who was in charge of modeling the '92 RX-7, but they did a horrible job. The car can barely turn without spinning out. Road & Track measured .94 gs on the skid pad, so the idea that it can't handle turns as well the 1978 Trans Am is absolutely ludicrous. They really dropped the ball here.

I don't know who was in charge of modeling the '92 RX-7, but they did a horrible job. The car can barely turn without spinning out. Road & Track measured .94 gs on the skid pad, so the idea that it can't handle turns as well the 1978 Trans Am is absolutely ludicrous. They really dropped the ball here.

Did you check the balance? Some cars seem to have this setup wrongly, but if you fix that in the tuning, they handle as expected ... Also check the tires.

:LOL:
Part 3 of the Engine Sounds blog post series is now up.

A short follow up post about their request for a Sound Engineer.

Regarding the Sound/Recording Engineer Job Offering

Posted by PIT STOP Editorial Team | September 9, 2014

Regarding the offer for the Sound/Recording Engineer position, we have received a large number of applicants from all around the world. Thank you for your enthusiasm for our projects ahead.
Kazunori Yamauchi and the Sound Production team are currently going through all the resumes to make the selections. We apologize for those applicants still waiting for a reply, as it is taking some time to go through the many applications that have been sent to us.
We will notify those who have passed the selection process shortly. Thank you for your patience.

For those wondering about the time between this and their initial request, they posted part 3 of the Engine Sounds article (where they requested any resumes for Sound Engineers) on July 23rd. This new status update about that request was posted on September 9th.

That's good to hear. I also asked an audio professor that I happen to know (though not intimately) and he knew someone really suitable for the job, so who knows that person is one of the many ;). Hopefully they manage to find some good candidates, but then it will still take some time as well before we see some results of course.

Back