Gran Turismo 6

Wow ! Really? Why have it at all, then? It was fine without it :-/ !

Well when you play with Sony HMZs in 3D, the cockpit view is kinda nice view to use. So even when it was all black, I find it, still preferable compare to just bumper view.

BTW What's the deal with GT6 with premium vs standard cars ? I'm still sticking with my decision currently if there is no PS4 GT6, I'm skipping GT6 and wait for GT7 Prologue or something on PS4.

Kaz has said there will be no distinction between premium and standard. Some of the standards will be premiumized, others will be reworked to look a lot better and apparently some will remain the same. I can only assume that this will mean fully modeled and textured cockpits will still not feature on all cars, but you won't know which cars until you try them.

I can honestly say that I care about having more cars to try out than have each one be super detailed. If they can at least redo the horrible textures and smooth out the particularly blocky areas of the models, I'd be happy. They just need to hire some lower grade modelers to fix up the old models based on the data they've collected for the cars. With enough people, they could at least redo all the textures. The other important thing they need to do is apply the same mechanical attributes to standard cars. I just don't think they've tested them as thoroughly as the premiums due to the physics model in GT3/4 not being complex enough for it to matter. Some of the standard cars are my favorite exactly because they perform a little bit better than I think they actually should.

For cameras, I personally don't think a cockpit view is entirely realistic anyway. I'd prefer some sort of bonnet view that is actually just the camera positioned at around driver eye level on the front of the windscreen. Replace the roof cam with that.

PD says GT6 might become GT7 when coming over to PS4. Best to buy it on ps3 then, as it might take a long time for the ps4 version to come out.

Sorry, don't have the link, It was a few days back on N4G,it was either Yoshida or The PD boss(forgetting his name). They said GT6 on PS4 might become GT7. Also, after the announcement of GT6, they had said that GT6 on ps4 will not come too soon or too late, meaning they will take their time. I am sure if they just release it the way it is, a lot of ppl will be dissappointed to see the game not getting upgrades for the ps4.

^^ funny Japanese translations, as much as I would like GT6 to be cross-gen title, Kaz said GT7 will come naturally on the PS4 as next GT game.

e.g. In this article

I'm curious how much you've played with the PS4 hardware and what you're most looking forward to when you eventually work on that system?

I think the Playstation 4 is going to raise the quality of the applications on all levels, lift it all up. Compared to the PS3, the PS4 uses a more generic CPU that anybody can draw out the performance for. The PS3, on the other hand, has very high peaks on just some of the elements and it is hardware that is more difficult to handle. It's fun to wrestle with that and try and get it to put out that performance. Once we start work on Gran Turismo for the PS4, perhaps it will be GT7. At that point, I guess we'll start to look of the peak performance for the PS4.

edit: nice to read that they had fun wrestling with PS3, not so much for gamers who played waiting game instead

Last edited by a moderator:
PD says GT6 might become GT7 when coming over to PS4. Best to buy it on ps3 then, as it might take a long time for the ps4 version to come out.
I am pretty sure it is going to worth the wait and without BC if I had a PS3 I'd either keep it to play GT6 meanwhile or just move on to the PS4 or other platforms.

GT4 was just great up until 7 years ago, so we can expect a great game again from Polyphony with much better hardware which will allow them to fulfil their wishes and add the technologies they had to dismiss before.

I still wonder if this is really the most efficient way to do it. The game doesn't change enough per release to warrant such a long time between releases I think, so they should far more try to aim the game to become more modular where aspects of it can be replaced over time. Really, about the only reason why I also buy and play Forza games basically has been because the time between GT releases is just so crazy long.

With PS3, it really helped that they released GT:HD and Prologue, but I would be in favor of what I proposed before, an online only service that keeps getting upgrades and new content, and then just periodically release new BluRay releases that combine all the content and updates.

I still wonder if this is really the most efficient way to do it. The game doesn't change enough per release to warrant such a long time between releases I think, so they should far more try to aim the game to become more modular where aspects of it can be replaced over time. Really, about the only reason why I also buy and play Forza games basically has been because the time between GT releases is just so crazy long.

With PS3, it really helped that they released GT:HD and Prologue, but I would be in favor of what I proposed before, an online only service that keeps getting upgrades and new content, and then just periodically release new BluRay releases that combine all the content and updates.

I still spend alot of time on GT5, by far the game that has given me the most for money. SPA challenge this week, enjoyed the 710PP challenge a few weeks ago, simply having fun. It might not be the most effective way for them to earn money, but if the games keep the high re-play value i don't really care.

What i don't understand is that lack of DLC's, i guess they do really publish their games with all the content they have :)

Well they have to patch their whole game each time they release DLC - it's just one of the examples why I feel they don't have a very efficient system in place. I expect that GT6 will likely address that though.

^^ funny Japanese translations, as much as I would like GT6 to be cross-gen title, Kaz said GT7 will come naturally on the PS4 as next GT game.

e.g. In this article

edit: nice to read that they had fun wrestling with PS3, not so much for gamers who played waiting game instead

I reckon they're gonna try to leapfrog DriveClub. I fear GT7 may take time to arrive again. >_<

Some videos from GC:

Looks incredible for a PS3 game. Can't wait to see what PD can do on the PS4.

Stunning ! Pales everything else, even next gen , in comparison.

Thats the problem with me right now. Once I get a PS4, i don't want to go back to the ps3, but there is so much stuff yet to arrive and play on the ps3, Diablo 3, GT6,GTA V, Beyond, LASt of US Replays and MP and future DLCs, that I don't want to buy a ps4 and keep it turned off ! :mad:

What a dilemma ! :cry:

Stunning ! Pales everything else, even next gen , in comparison.

Thats the problem with me right now. Once I get a PS4, i don't want to go back to the ps3, but there is so much stuff yet to arrive and play on the ps3, Diablo 3, GT6,GTA V, Beyond, LASt of US Replays and MP and future DLCs, that I don't want to buy a ps4 and keep it turned off ! :mad:

What a dilemma ! :cry:

Same thing here. I have decided to replace my office PS3 first. Have no more space in my TV console at home. Will only replace my PS3 at home when PS4 matches its media experience, or AppleTV upgrades enough to take over PS3 in that department.

For me it's probably going to be the other way around. The living room PS3 will be replaced first (it's starting to get a bit wonky anyway, have to set it up right before a DVD comes out sometimes), although I'm sure it will bother me a bit that we have a HD Ready TV there rather than a Full HD ... :D The office holds my wheel, so that can be dedicated to GT6 and other PS3 stuff at least for a while.

Not sure yet though. May well be keeping them around both for a while yet. I'm more concerned with that I'm very happy to have two PS3s now, and half expect to want to get a second PS4 sooner rather than later as well ... or who knows an Xbox One in the living room, and the PS4 in the computer room?

Not anytime soon though - more likely to get a new Full HD TV first than two next-gen consoles, I'm guessing.

Arwin's job is better. He gets to show off his GT wheel in the office. Mine is usually hidden.

Must be a Yurop welfare thing.

No my office is also inside our home. We don't have any game whatsoever at work.

I came across this and made me wondering
Have they mixed real footage with some possible in game footage to tease us?

Back