Deleted member 7537

Gran Turismo 6 announced

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_1910783.html?t=15th

Summary of new Gran Turismo 6 features announced by Kazunori Yamauchi:

New Game Engine
• Refactoring
• Compact, nimble operation
• Flexible expandability
• A new rendering engine that pushes the limits of the PS3 (Adaptive Tesselation)

New Physics Engine
• New suspension and kinematics model
• New tyre model
• New aerodynamics model
• Technical partnership with Yokohama Rubber and KW Automotive

1200 Cars, abundant custom parts, and on-going DLC
• From historic cars to the latest racing cars, the game contains a total of 1200 cars.
• Multiple aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars.
• Players can create their own personalised custom car in the game.
• Cars will be continually added online

33 locations, 71 layouts
• 33 Locations and 71 layouts will be provided from day1 (7 more locations and 19 more layouts than GT5)
• More new tracks will continue to be provided online

New Course Maker
• Massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers
• A new course generation algorithm

Community/Club/Race Organizer
• Players can form their own communities
• Various community levels from local and domestic to global
• Players themselves can create and manage their own online events

New User Interface
• Balancing directional key operation and touch operation
• Quick response
• Shortening of loading times

Multi Device Compatibility
• PlayStation®
• Smart Phone
• Tablet
• PC

At the same time as the PS3 version of GT6 the “Real Driving Simulator” launches, a mobile version and web application version of GT6, will be created to enjoy Gran Turismo’s massive community space.

Real/Virtual "Edge Effect" Activity
A variety of "Edge Effects", the chemical reactions between the real world and the virtual world for which the Gran Turismo series is famous, are also planned for GT6. Exciting collaborations between various automotive manufacturers and collaborations with brands crossing different industries will be revealed gradually across the next six months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-LILLcpO88

Screenshots

i1WWeCEtirmPp8c.jpg

8740046420_e4455b1acd_o.jpg

8738929037_0a88051efb_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's really all revamped I'm not too disappointed on it being only on PS3. Just means I'd have to leave it connected to the tv.. slightly annoying :)

Yeah, there's been some rumors floating around about that from some gaf people for a while now. I think it's somewhat likely and probably doable with this new and probably much more easily portable engine.

Enhancements and improvements also extend to a much-improved course maker function, which will provide several kilometers of gorgeous scenery, including the magnificent backdrop of Andalucía. The course maker will also include a new GPS data feature, which will increase the freedom of track creation in the game.

Course maker sounds interesting.

Regarding the improvement in rendering, I think it might be down to them deciding to target 720p instead of 1280*1080 and dropping the MSAA from 4*MSAA.

I'd welcome that change (I ran GT5 at 720p anyway). 1280x1080 is simply too demanding for the PS3 for this level of graphics and 60fps.

Also don't mind that GT6 is for PS3 (might be ported to PS4 according to Kaz). Larger install base and GT6 on PS4 would probably hinder Race Club's sales, even though they're different types of race games.

The graphics aspect of this is fairly unimportant. The physics update is the biggest deal. Personally I'd like native support for my Fanatec wheel, but that's highly unlikely… :(

The graphics aspect of this is fairly unimportant. The physics update is the biggest deal. Personally I'd like native support for my Fanatec wheel, but that's highly unlikely… :(

The 911 wheel? Last I heard the pedal set doesn't even work. Is that still the case?

Any idea as to what makes official support for it unlikely?

Back