Wolfenstein: The New Order

The best multiplat single player shooter so far this gen. By the way the large day one patches arent necesary to finish the game. The patch is mainly for online leader boards.

By the way the large day one patches arent necesary to finish the game. The patch is mainly for online leader boards.

But... its 5-7GB [depending on the market]. Did the patch consists from the hundreds of BMP images that featured the code for the engine update, with local game scanning those BMPs with internal OCR program? :)

But... its 5-7GB [depending on the market]. Did the patch consists from the hundreds of BMP images that featured the code for the engine update, with local game scanning those BMPs with internal OCR program? :)

BMPs have RLE. They were probably RAW files. Just to, you know, bulk it out a bit.

BMPs have RLE. They were probably RAW files. Just to, you know, bulk it out a bit.

Just to keep the torrents busy you mean ?

Rumours say that they increased the size a bit just to annoy people when they are trying get an illegal copy.

Or maybe they are in fact for a large part updates to the megatexture?

Nothing has downloaded for the PC version since I originally downloaded the game.

Im not sure of the details of the patch. I have completed the game without the patch on the Xbox One. I witnessed no major texture streaming issues. Only time I even noticed it was when the level first loaded and also reloading after death. I also read an article on the subject with qoutes from bethesda saying that you only needed to download the update on consoles if you wanted to use the online leader boards. I will find the article and post a link.

I would think that a 5/7GB patch would contain more than leader board fixes! I will be downloading the patch before I play. Finally picked it up and it's on its way here. Can't wait. :)

I'm glad I didn't buy this game. Though I still feel bad for recommending it to a friend. It's absolutely terrible. The controls are horrible. You can aim down the sights if you don't want to see anything, you can dual wield if you don't want to hit anything. The guns don't seem to have any punch to them. And that's only when actually get use guns.You first have to play along with a game of Simon Says for the first hour. The amount of cutscenes and their length wouldn't be out of place in a Kojima game. The story is still terrible, something it seems to try to get away with by deliberately being terrible. This feels like a low budget game trying to pass itself off as a AAA game.

A fascinatingly diametrically opposite opinion! I luv us humans!!! Did you like any Wolfenstein game?

How is the game on ps4? Are there known bugs/issues? Are the graphics acceptable? I also have a gaming pc with a 670...not sure where to buy. On the other hand, I would prefer to use my ps4 again and get rid of the dust...

How is the game on ps4? Are there known bugs/issues? Are the graphics acceptable? I also have a gaming pc with a 670...not sure where to buy. On the other hand, I would prefer to use my ps4 again and get rid of the dust...

Graphically it's a bit rough but it is buttery smooth and I have encountered zero issues when playing it.

Game looks and feels great on PS4. Framerate is rocksold, visuals are great. PC can extract little cleaner image, but not by much.

A fascinatingly diametrically opposite opinion! I luv us humans!!! Did you like any Wolfenstein game?

I have played one of the more recent ones. It was ok, nothing as bad as this one. I do like run and gun shooters. This has the same problem a lot of modern shooters have. They much rather have you act out some kind of experience then let you actually play the game. So all the effort goes into making flashy set pieces, and none into making solid game mechanics.

This was the first time I've handed a controller back and forth simply from getting annoyed from playing it.

The 2009 game has the same cinematic thing going on but less soul than New Order and some serious repetition issues with the hub design. RTCW still has cinematics, but maybe less focus on them. RTCW has some gameplay problems of its time though like AI insta aim that frustrates often.

Wolf3D is pretty free of story and any character efforts. But of course it is an extremely simple game experience. I didn't make much progress in this game even when it was hot newness.

I have a hard time picking a favorite but I think RTCW and New Order are the highlights.

Wolfenstein The New Order PC great game
shot00001.jpg

shot00035.jpg

shot00020.jpg

shot00027.jpg

shot00024.jpg

shot00026.jpg

I decided to give the ps4 digital version a go.

First, prompted me to dl about 4gig game and 5.6gig update. Was fairley fast with my 150mbit connection. Played for about 20min until game said that vontent needs to be dl first.

Dl was not fast, but ok, until it is now at 15gig total. Not sure what the problem is, but it seems to be stuck now. Horrible that on PS4 there is nothing which shows me the progress of the Wolfenstein dl. Well, 70Euros blown in the wind I guess....

Horrible that on PS4 there is nothing which shows me the progress of the Wolfenstein dl. Well, 70Euros blown in the wind I guess....
Can you not see this from Notifications -> Downloads ?

No, its just weird PS4 service that nicely shows download progress of only PlayGo part of the game [and patch]. You can see the full download status of the game if you go to main screen of the PS4 OS > Game Icon > Option button on DS4 > Information. There you will see how much of total game size you have downloaded.

Back