AMD: Volcanic Islands R1100/1200 (8***/9*** series) Speculation/ Rumour Thread

It's written R9 270 without the X which means the Pro version
It seems to be the card from the Korean guy, he has some protected article on his side: http://udteam.tistory.com/541
So it could be Curacao Pro with 1x 6-pin, but close to 7870 consumption.

Final R9-290 cooler unveiled? http://tech2.in.com/news/graphics-cards/first-look-amds-new-radeon-r9-290x-hawaii-gpu/915814
... but on some strange PCB without Crossfire connectors. Searching for woodscrews... :LOL:

Anyway, a relatively weak performance result, me thinks :???:

If true i wouldn´t call weak the "new 7850" being a 9% faster than the old 7870.Although for the perf/watt ratios doesn´t fit it is the Pro version because for a 9% better performance with supposedly a wattage lower than a 7870 it should have much higher perf/watt ratio.

Oh dear, you managed to quote me with the wrong model number, it is R7 270, not R9 270 :rolleyes:

If there is any logic, then that should be the successor of Radeon 7750, not the Radeon 7850, and in this case the performance could be quite good, actually ;)

If true i wouldn´t call weak the "new 7850" being a 9% faster than the old 7870.

In the case described by you, to me the result would be indeed relatively weak

R7 ends at 260X, according to GPUz makers, HIS and other AIB rumors.
Some 7870+ card in the same class with Oland@DDR3 would be unsuitable.

So its R9 270 or R9 270X.

You can be right, and if true then AMD new model numbers doesn't make any sense and logic. Or it is weird to say at least

Radeon R9 280X is Rebranded HD 7970 GHz Edition

and

The AMD Curacao Pro which is known as R7-270 is the successor the Radeon HD 7850 featuring 2 GB GDDR5 memory

Read more: http://wccftech.com/amd-curacao-pro...chmarked-faster-radeon-hd-7870/#ixzz2fv0uV9Ei

Around 30% higher performance, if true...

I'm getting the urge to get this card... I'm slightly nervous about the 2GB my current card has and if this top Hawaii model actually performs around Titan or even better and the first number in the price is 5, then I probably have no choice, but to get one :) I've been wanting to try an AMD card for a change, if BF4 comes to bundle I wouldn't mind, but even from the current selection I can find 3 good games that I don't yet have.

This thread needs more leaked pics.
AMD-Radeon-R9-290X-New-61.jpg
So when can Dave start posting again?

gsJGbxn.jpg

Boy, I say, boy that looks like two miles of broken road. :LOL:

Am I the only one who actually finds the design quite interesting? :p

If I buy this [after I rob the bank], I would also need to buy a new Tower case. This wont fit into mu current one.

Oh, it's not that bad, that's why I have my Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus :D It fits cards of all sizes, I have currently one which looks even longer :D

Are those LED's, the 3 red dots near the short stripes? Other than that, don't really care one way or another, not like I actually look at my video cards after they are installed.

Back