PS3 - 211K
Wii - 91K
NDS - 86K
Wii U - 67K
PSV - 33K
PSP - 8K

Kinect standalone sold 2 x WIiU

Software
1. Bioshock Infinite (360, PS3, PC)** Take 2 Interactive - At least 750K.
2. Tomb Raider 2013 (360, PS3)** Square Enix Inc - Franchise high.
3. Gears of War: Judgement (360) Microsoft
4. God of War: Ascension (PS3)** Sony
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360, PS3, PC, NWU)** Activision Blizzard
6. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS) Nintendo - 365K (415K with digital, but the 415K number is an LTD)
7. MLB 13: The Show (PS3, PSV) Sony
8. NBA 2K13 (360, PS3, WII, NWU, PSP, PC)** Take 2 Interactive
9. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (360, PS3, NWU) Activision Blizzard
10. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (360, PS3) Namco Bandai Games

**(includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)

XX. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity - 145K retail + digital
XX. Fire Emblem - 64K retail + digital

Stolen from gaf, etc..

lol PSV and WiiU. See you around.

Kinect standalone sold 2 x WIiU

this one was quite shocking as it means kinect sales near 140k. i had thought kinect was faltering.

although i dont believe the guy who leaked that info on gaf ever completely clarified whether than number included console bundles. his initial impression was it didn't.

btw some other software numbers were revealed by the same source as the hardware and treated as legit.

bioshock 870k
gow judgment 620k
tomb raider 640k
gow ascension 570k

You never know. We do see the execs release digital sales numbers (percentage-wise) compared to retail sales.

Thing is, it's far easier to fix the Vita than the Wii U. It's a lot easier for the Vita to try and ride the coattails of the PS4 with Remote Play than for Nintendo to devise some way for the Wii U to become successful because of the 3DS.

The Vita likely has the highest percentage of online sales from all of these platforms. Yoshida mentioned its considerably higher than PS3 online sales for instance. Of course that doesn't change hardware sales ... 33k is still not very much for a month.

Of course that doesn't change hardware sales ... 33k is still not very much for a month.

For a piece of kit that's been out for a while, it's not too bad considering it's selling 50% of what a brand new next-gen console is managing ... the WiiU. :LOL:

The Vita likely has the highest percentage of online sales from all of these platforms. Yoshida mentioned its considerably higher than PS3 online sales for instance. Of course that doesn't change hardware sales ... 33k is still not very much for a month.
Give me a Vita with an SD card slot, an offline content manager (for non-game media at least), and I'm pretty much sold. All those things with no price cut could lure me in quickly.

I was waiting for the number of games to get to an attractive point. I only wanted to see Sony bring on the fun downloadable games from an PSN/Steam/XBLA/Mobile angle, and it seems like this is happening too (the console-lite stuff doesn't carry the same weight for me).

What do you mean with offline content manager exactly?

What do you mean with offline content manager exactly?

The content manager for the PS Vita is always online, well unless something has changed since then.

Google it, you'll find a bit more detail about how it works. It's a shame really... :(

What's worse is Need for Speed only sold < 10K on the Wii U vs 100k on the Vita. Who's going to release 3rd party games when they sell that bad on the Wii U?

What's worse is Need for Speed only sold < 10K on the Wii U vs 100k on the Vita. Who's going to release 3rd party games when they sell that bad on the Wii U?

The Wii U's biggest problem is who on Earth has a Wii U but not a 360 or PS3, and thus would want to buy the Wii U versions of games? Online multiplayer makes buying the Wii U version of a game a much tougher proposition.

Anyone keeping a tab on WiiU sales? (including MediaCreate etc.)

I think they're around 4 million or so? This past quarter was not very kind. What probably more disappointing is the push back of what were supposed to be "launch window" games which clearly aren't anymore. That has to have hurt them.

For a piece of kit that's been out for a while, it's not too bad considering it's selling 50% of what a brand new next-gen console is managing ... the WiiU. :LOL:

It's amazing how much of a failure the Wii U is turning out to be, it's selling 28% worse than Gamecube! And this is coming off the back of the Wii, which was vastly more successful than the N64 and the game market is bigger than 10 years ago too.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/04/report-wii-u-vita-continue-poor-us-sales-performance-in-march/

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they're around 4 million or so? This past quarter was not very kind. What probably more disappointing is the push back of what were supposed to be "launch window" games which clearly aren't anymore. That has to have hurt them.

It's likely they remain short of their 4m. That was their revised target. If their ratio of US sales to the world has remained constant (world was ~3.5x US) they will be at maybe 3.75m.

Back