Now THIS is how you market a DLC to gamers born in the 80's

What is really annoying is that buying a game on Steam -> Nested Uplay -> Type Steam Code into UPlay = special version of Uplay for this title.

If you *just* launch UPlay (after jumping through these hoops) you don't have the game on you're Uplay games list!

You still have to run Steam -> Nested Uplay version! - Ugh!

Still this is almost as annoying as GTA 4 on Steam -> GFWL login -> GFWL Patch quits back to desktop, manually restart game -> Login again to GFWL = Loose will to live!

This game is awesome. I'm at a loss for words. So much style and so spot on. The whole presentation, visual and audio, just charges me up lol. I've missed this sort of scifi. The humor is even great most of the time.

I bought the game on Steam and Uplay appears to come in a reduced format compared to my boxed Far Cry 3. It's not particularly annoying IMO.

This game is awesome. I'm at a loss for words. So much style and so spot on. The whole presentation, visual and audio, just charges me up lol. I've missed this sort of scifi. The humor is even great most of the time.

Ha ha ha, completely agree! What I really love the most, when carrying the shotgun (which I just upgraded to a 4barrel version) and the terminator themed music track kicks in...then I just rush in and takedown all Omegas...

There's a key part missing from Blood Dragon under the system requirements that Far Cry 3 (and other uPlay games) has.

So that would be no, it won't do that.

Just checked: Requires a UPlay account.
Looks like they've snuck it in at the last minute. Was it available for preorder before that was added to the reqs list?

Uplay goes right to the game so it's really not very annoying. Especially if one already has a uplay account.

I have Far Cry 3 on Steam I know how annoying uplay is. A couple of times it has been a pain in my ass when it tried to sync my save games up to a half hour at a time and I couldn't launch the game.
As unreliable as Steam has been for me lately, I don't recall it denying me the ability to play my single player games.

I bought Far Cry 3 boxed so it was 100% Uplay-only. Worked fine but I got bored of that game pretty fast.

The only publisher app I've had problems with is Social Club. Max Payne 3's serial number / account validation system had some kind of problem last year that required most people to contact support to get their serial number working again. It took about a month for Rockstar to reply to me.

Anyway, Blood Dragon is only $15. I've had no problems.

Just checked: Requires a UPlay account.
Looks like they've snuck it in at the last minute. Was it available for preorder before that was added to the reqs list?

Oh nice, now that's enough to warrant a refund if someone complains since that had it there for pre-purchase without that warning beforehand. Not that I'm personally against UPlay, but that's a fairly important requirement to note on the requirements.

Played some more. Man, some weapon upgrades are fantastic. Just got the explosion ammo for my sniper...ha ha ha
"Doors that open automatically...I love 2007!" ;)

If only Far Cry 3 itself had been developed with this setting. It is impressive how much original content there is considering it's $15 though!

"Doors that open automatically...I love 2007!" ;)

If only Far Cry 3 itself had been developed with this setting. It is impressive how much original content there is considering it's $15 though!

Yeah, I played now for 8h and just completed all side mission stuff (cleared all bases, found all collectibles, bought all weapon upgrades). Now the main mission! Crazy how much content!!

But now I want a full sequel to this!

It makes me want a Terminator Future Shock remake.

I beat the game with half of the bases still under enemy control and it took 7 hours. I'm going to go in and finish it all eventually. Fantastic, hilarious main quest and seriously wicked music.

(..)and seriously wicked music.

Don't know who they used for the game's music but it reminds me of Kavinsky (has some works done with daft punk folks), 3 of my favorites are Blizzard, Protovision and 1986.

May want to use some dsp to enhance the audio of some of the tracks to add a bit more thump to the bass and widen the stereo a bit, i use SA stereo tool plug-in for winamp helps allot with the blizzard track.

I think the concept behind Blood Dragon is fascinating. It asks the question what would a 1980s game developer make if they had the tech of today. Need to be careful making a 'sequal'. More of the same probably wouldn't work well.

Playing on the ps3, its very interesting to see how much clever dialogues and writing can add to a game !

Also, Blood Dragons make the eco system so much more fun.

I think the concept behind Blood Dragon is fascinating. It asks the question what would a 1980s game developer make if they had the tech of today. Need to be careful making a 'sequal'. More of the same probably wouldn't work well.

Yup, it has a freshness to it that won't be there next time and in any case, devs will prbly go overboard next time. Better just enjoy this as much as we can while it lasts :p

Back