Now THIS is how you market a DLC to gamers born in the 80's

I bought Far Cry 3 on Steam but when I launch the game from Steam it just launches Uplay.. will this game not do that? It is annoying.

I bought Far Cry 3 on Steam but when I launch the game from Steam it just launches Uplay.. will this game not do that? It is annoying.

What's not to like about that situation. Not just one but two service interruptions to possibly prevent accessing the software you paid for.

There's a key part missing from Blood Dragon under the system requirements that Far Cry 3 (and other uPlay games) has.

Requires a UPlay account

So that would be no, it won't do that.

Their bullshit uplay requires an ACCOUNT? Fuck that. Gonna keep boycotting their crappy DRM until they get the god damn hint and stop crapping on their paying customers!

Their bullshit uplay requires an ACCOUNT? Fuck that. Gonna keep boycotting their crappy DRM until they get the god damn hint and stop crapping on their paying customers!

If you're referring to Blood Dragon in particular, I don't believe you have been reading the posts correctly.

Nah, just ranting about uplay in general, there are other ubi games I've been interested in for a long time now (like HOMM6, and so on.)

If they didn't learn a lesson on their DRM in Ubisoft from this games leak than I don't think they are physically capable of learning that lesson. :(

Bam game is great. Soundtrack is so cool, especially when you run around with a pumgun and you get the Terminator themed music kicking in...

Is there any uplay bs involved, or is the information posted earlier in the thread correct when mentioning it is not present? :)

Is there any uplay bs involved, or is the information posted earlier in the thread correct when mentioning it is not present? :)

When I start the game in steam, steam starts uplay, and you have to use uplay to launch the game...lol. But you need uplay for the steam version at least.

I did not see any coop options...

Ok, continuing boycott it is then. Thank you very much for the help and information.

*grumble grumble* Damn you ubi for forcing me to do this... I really want to play this game, and I won't resort to piracy. I'll just deny myself the pleasure, and you of my money. *grrr*

Ok, continuing boycott it is then. Thank you very much for the help and information.

*grumble grumble* Damn you ubi for forcing me to do this... I really want to play this game, and I won't resort to piracy. I'll just deny myself the pleasure, and you of my money. *grrr*

Maybe it is better when you buy it right away in the Uplay store, without Steam. Or do you not like Uplay as a whole?

Back