How do you get new friends when your when your a grown up?

I know a guy who met his (now-)wife in like fourth grade or somesuch. As far as I know, they only ever dated each other in their entire lives. :) He's only in his 20s so far I believe so not a very long life admittedly... They married a couple years ago, now they have a kid too.

...So Cheez needs a time machine. (A DeLorean, perhaps.) Helps if he can remember what his first classmates looked like and whom amongst them he might have fancied a bit... Lol.

I met my wife in middle school ;)

Now how about that for sounding bad.

Wow! :oops:

You haven't been together even since, have you?

I know a guy who met his (now-)wife in like fourth grade or somesuch. As far as I know, they only ever dated each other in their entire lives. :) He's only in his 20s so far I believe so not a very long life admittedly... They married a couple years ago, now they have a kid too.

I don't know if that's super-cute or super-crazy.

...So Cheez needs a time machine. (A DeLorean, perhaps.) Helps if he can remember what his first classmates looked like and whom amongst them he might have fancied a bit... Lol.

not really worried about getting girls. I'm 193 cm tall, slim, good hair, good job and I work out on a regular basis...

Based on observation church seems to be one of the easiest places to meet people, but if you're not religious this isn't an option.
Actually, Unitarian Universalist churches aren't a bad option in that situation. Though I think enjoying that sort of church does require that you see at least some value in religion...which I don't.

You can also use dating sites to find friends, though chances are you'll be largely restricted to members of the same sex you're romantically interested in.

You may want to sign up on online dating sites. It's a good way to get to know people from different parts of the world. However, you need to be careful not to give your personal info unless you have build a certain level of trust with the person/people that you are talking to.

I've never heard of someone making friends on a dating site unless that "friend" is a boyfriend or girlfriend.

I've never heard of someone making friends on a dating site unless that "friend" is a boyfriend or girlfriend.

You don't really start as boyfriend or girlfriend immediately; people would usually start as friends and friendships may develop into something deeper like boyfriend and girlfriend. :)

I've actually found forums to be a great way to meet some good people of similar interests, but I don't hang with them in real life much.

OK, it was thrown out once and I'll say it again. Consider attending a Church. It addresses the problem(s) you are having on many, many levels.

I'm hung over very Sunday so that's not gonna happen.

I have taken many steps over the last couple of weeks though:

1. Contacted many old friends , hang out with some of them, meeting some more next week.
2. Started working out HARD. Decided I wanna become so fit girls just melt :)
3. Befriended a guy from work ( we work out together)
4. Decided to work on my game (the art of picking up women) seriously

Things are looking better :)

Oh and I met this really hot blonde but haven't really made a move yet(but gonna do so soon)

All in all, nice couple of weeks!

Last edited by a moderator:
How does someone who works 100 hours per week work out "HARD"?
IMHO, I don't work out "HARD" and I put in about 2 hrs./day + ~ 100 road cycling miles per week with one rest day. I can't imagine even getting to my level if I worked double the hours.

Not to mention that, if you're trying to get strong, you'll need sleep and lots of it.

Oh and those Sunday AM hangovers aren't going to get you fit either.

2 hrs/day is overkill IMO. You really get into declining benefits/results after 50 minutes or so of strenuous exercise. Or so I've read over the last decade. On the flip side, too many bullshit exercise routines trying to peddle their wares with the 'just 5 minutes/day' message.

Cheese, I thought you wanted friends, not sex. Because this thread is turning into a 'must get laid' discussion.

2 hrs/day is overkill IMO. You really get into declining benefits/results after 50 minutes or so of strenuous exercise. Or so I've read over the last decade. On the flip side, too many bullshit exercise routines trying to peddle their wares with the 'just 5 minutes/day' message.

Cheese, I thought you wanted friends, not sex. Because this thread is turning into a 'must get laid' discussion.

Depends on your 2 hrs. Mine is ~20 min abs,~40 min weights and 60 mins cardio. Hardly overdoing it with that. If it were 2 hours of weights without running splits with rest days in between (aka my 20s) then yes, it would be over-training. Can't emphasize the sleep/rest part enough either...

How does someone who works 100 hours per week work out "HARD"?
IMHO, I don't work out "HARD" and I put in about 2 hrs./day + ~ 100 road cycling miles per week with one rest day. I can't imagine even getting to my level if I worked double the hours.

I've decided fuck it and I work out for an hour every day on my company's gym. Imo the length doesnt really matter that much, in an hour you can easily build the muscles you wang.

im doing this During work time :)

Back