Shadowrun Returns

Shadowrun Returns is a reboot of the SNES and Genesis games and has some of the same developers working on it. Those were isometric RPGs in a neat sci-fantasy universe.

Their first kickstarter video has a moment where they shame the guy who was behind the FPS game. Apparently he is there working on this. I think the dream was a bit different than the final product.

Finally saw some gameplay, the turn based combat looks promising. I'll have to keep an eye on this one. I'm loving that thanks to Kickstarter we're finally getting some proper RPGs again. It sucks that there has been a serious lack of anything I'd consider a RPG the past 10 years. DAO came the closest but even that had a bit too much of a nod towards action games.

Well outside of indie efforts that were REALLY rough.

Regards,
SB

Looks good, especially when you think that it is alpha only. Also like that it looks less cartoony than I feared. From all my backed projects, this is what I am most looking for (even more than the spirtual PS:T successor, go figure).

Can't wait for the editor (I will have early access to the editor, but even more interested what others will make with it), because we will certainly get some gems even though I dislike the blocking of asset import (they want probably earn heaps of money with asset packs).

Yeah the visuals are looking good. I too was worried that it was going cartoon. I am stoked for some colorful cyberpunk RPG fun.

It makes me wish that we could get a kickstarter for a new Crusader game. The old Origin isometric action games.

Yeah that's been in the works for almost a decade.

There was a Crusader: No Pity game in development for PSP but it was canned for unknown reasons. They even had Andrew Sega on for soundtrack. Looked promising but killed just like Tony Zurovec's own Crusader II / No Mercy.

Shadowrun Returns has been released. I've played a bit and it's like a combination of a CRPG and the old SNES game. Pretty neat-o. Atmospheric so far too just like that old SNES game.

Anyone else playing it?

Shadowrun Returns has been released. I've played a bit and it's like a combination of a CRPG and the old SNES game. Pretty neat-o. Atmospheric so far too just like that old SNES game.

Anyone else playing it?

Nice to read that someone from the same forum is also playing it.

Me, of course, as I spent 250 USD on their Kickstarter... :D I only played the Mega Drive game and also like the throwback feeling I get from this game.

I find the game good, but the idiotic checkpoint save system ruins the immersion way too often (not to mention the waste of time, with games like AvP or Demon's Souls/Dark Souls I can understand a different save game standard, but that the game is unable to save the game before the fight is just horrible) and I even play on the normal difficulty setting, don't want to know how I would feel if I would be killed by a lucky hit on the hardest settings and having to replay the whole mission :rolleyes: . Love the environment art, the character models and animations are a step or two behind it. I tried to play a persuasion character, but this is quite a bad choice in the standard campaign, I think I am almost max CHR, but surprise, surprise, it does not help so much in fights ;) . When I finish the campaign, will try to replay it on the hardest difficulty with a char that is worth a dime in the fights.

When I tried the editor in the early access days, it was crashing constantly, so I stopped. Maybe I will give it another shot, as this is, IMO, the most important part of this game.

With this save system I give it a 6/10, with a normal save system 7 or 8/10 as the price is really cheap.

People who like the setting should give it a try as it is quite cheap, not to mention the editor should give many good campaigns from the community.

I haven't had much chance to play it lately but I agree the movement animations are jarring against the artwork. Animation is almost not improved over the old SNES game. ;)

The save system might drive me crazy as you say. That is similar to the old games though I think.

Back