The Opening Video @ 2013 PlayStation4 [Live Event]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Music is an important part of Social/Emotional/Movie/Game Creation.
Because the opening @ The PlayStation New York Event is struck a cord, there is thread.

Please, help me find this song?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RiNGZMx2vhY#t=53s

"I Fought the War,
I Fought the War, But the War Won't Stop, For the Love of God."

"Imagination Is The One Weapon"
"In The War Against Reality"

~ ~ But To Win ~ ~
We Don't Need To Fight

We Need To
PLAY

"Because it Sharpens our Weapon"
"Because it Sharpens our Imagination"

* And Our Ordinary Self Becomes *
= Extraordinary =

EPIC

AWAKE

Quick

Curious

Creative

Connected

Assertive

Pensive

Brave

Smart

Hard

Inspired

PlayStation
Wants to Win

The War
Against
Reality

And Take You

Somewhere

With the Most
Draw Dropping
Experiences

The
Richest Stories

And The Most
Imaginative
Characters

For Nearly
Two Decades

The
PlayStation
Nation

Has
Played, Explored, Sailed, Run, Fought, Died, Triumphed
Together

We Didn't Build A
Box

We Built The Most Amazing
{...Image PS2...}

Where You Can Be
EPIC

We,
Were Born,
DIFFERENT

We Grew Up

Renegade

Never
Played It Safe

And Lived By

One Rule

Push The

Boundaries

of

The System

Cool?

What does this Opening Message communicate to You?

"Imagination Is The One Weapon"
"In The War Against Reality"

~ ~ But To Win ~ ~
We Don't Need To Fight

We Need To
PLAY

"Because it Sharpens our Weapon"
"Because it Sharpens our Imagination"

* And Our Ordinary Self Becomes *
= Extraordinary =

EPIC

AWAKE

Quick

Curious

Creative

Connected

Assertive

Pensive

Brave

Smart

Hard

Inspired

PlayStation
Wants to Win

The War
Against
Reality

And Take You

Somewhere

With the Most
Draw Dropping
Experiences

The
Richest Stories

And The Most
Imaginative
Characters

For Nearly
Two Decades

The
PlayStation
Nation

Has
Played, Explored, Sailed, Run, Fought, Died, Triumphed
Together

We Didn't Build A
Box

We Built The Most Amazing
{...Image PS2...}

Where You Can Be
EPIC

We,
Were Born,
DIFFERENT

We Grew Up

Renegade

Never
Played It Safe

And Lived By

One Rule

Push The
Boundaries
of

The System

Pardon the Spoiler. ~ So what Thoughts or Feeling reached You in the PlayStation message?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RiNGZMx2vhY#t=53s

It was a really excellent and introduction. I really liked it. They brought a lot of fabled products of Sony advertising back such as the 'u r not red e,' the Bra via bouncy balls in San Francisco, and even the taunting Crash Bandicoot from the earliest PlayStation days.

What struck me the most was how positive it was. And even how little parading around and pageantry there was. But for what pageantry they had, it was very upbeat and positive. Without demeaning or using a negative brush on other products, they really just tried during the introduction and whole conference to communicate why PlayStation is and will be a good place to play. The best part was the rapid fire permutations of 'we _____ together.'

I thought they brought a lot of positive energy and enthusiasm (find any video of Yoshi a right after the conference and tell me that is not passion) to an industry in desperate need of good feeling and another success story that benefits not just the console makers but the whole of gaming. The conference was really tightly focused on a few key elements and all of those were revolving around games or player experience and I thought that was just fantastic.

The audio selection and video editing was also of course all top notch but what else do you expect for a reveal like this. Sony showed they wanted to come out fighting. And that war they were fighting against reality was really brought through with the music selection and sense of togetherness and common experience.

I guess the only other thing I can say I liked was the suspense right at the start when they flash P then S and then immediately cut to black and started that onslaught of a montage and fan service to a PlayStation player who was there from the beginning.

Kind of like me, and I loved it :)

Right-on Rockaman. We__ Played, Explored, Sailed, Run, Fought, Died, Triumphed __Together!!! ~ It was curious to see & hear the word "Epic" accented as part of Sony's outlook. Does anyone have any idea why they chose such a word to represent their gaming Goals?

Perhaps Sony & Cerny are endorsing more than the Unreal Engine? Check out FortNite! http://fortnitegame.com/ Brad Grenz, shared the song is by Metric... is called, MOSTER HOSPITAL??? Get Out! That ties in well with FortNite! = You guys should probably keep expectation from this game to yourselves and be sure to play it when it comes out.

Then there is the game, Knack? ~ I'm get the feeling that Sony is Fighting for Love. Using your real named would mean being kinder to others and shaping social interactions to a sense of self, instead of always boosting your ego. How do I stay friends with people and treat people in a way where my name will be remembered in a way I value?

What does Epic gaming mean to the people here? What Epic gaming moment stands out in your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back