Knack [PS4]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
This game really is a lot of fun. It's a nice throwback to the old Crash Bandicoot games.

Just got my first gadget, the Combo Meter. It's nice a addition because it rewards playing well with doing more damage. Collecting all the gadgets seems like it might take while.

How long is this game anyway? I feel like I've been playing for hours and I'm only at chapter 8. That's on normalmode. The game is quite a challenge.

Yap, I liked the demo. Will probably get it when I completed KZSF.

And it's down. That's the nice thing about Knack. No challenge has to last long, even if this pointless one seems intend on wasting your time.

Now where is the other half of this game?

And it's down. That's the nice thing about Knack. No challenge has to last long, even if this pointless one seems intend on wasting your time.

Now where is the other half of this game?
The other half is the Very Hard mode. :LOL:

Well maybe. But right I want unlock more gadgets and characters. What's the best way of doing that? I'm thinking of running through the game on easy first.
I don't know, I think I did it the most difficult way :???:

You can't change the character or the difficulty level of a game, even after you finished it.
So if you start a new game on easy, you won't keep any gadgets or crystals.

Yeah, it seems to be that way. Once you fully unlock a new character you can use it on a new game though. I guess I'll have to keep playing the same game over and over again until I unlock all of the characters. That could take a long time because I only picked up a few of the parts of each character on one play through. Although they seem to be more common now that I have completed half of the gadgets. Still it be nice there way a more efficient way of doing this and to be able to change difficulty and character after a play through.

A very crisp and sharp HiDef game with a, lets call it a definitive graphic style that borders on bland and boring.

But! it's easy accessible for pretty much everyone, besides Lego games, super mario etc this is one of the few games my kid (age 8) can play and enjoy with ease.

Knack could use a demo so that those with a PS4 and kids could give it a try, they might like it.

A very crisp and sharp HiDef game with a, lets call it a definitive graphic style that borders on bland and boring.

But! it's easy accessible for pretty much everyone, besides Lego games, super mario etc this is one of the few games my kid (age 8) can play and enjoy with ease.

Knack could use a demo so that those with a PS4 and kids could give it a try, they might like it.

They should have used kids to do the review. My two boys are teetering between wanting to be Knack or a Skylander... They've also started to play Knack more than Swapforce which is saying something. I just like it for its simplicity, it's just an honest, straightforward game. Like R&C but toned down a little, which considering its launch status is forgivable.

They should have used kids to do the review. My two boys are teetering between wanting to be Knack or a Skylander... They've also started to play Knack more than Swapforce which is saying something. I just like it for its simplicity, it's just an honest, straightforward game. Like R&C but toned down a little, which considering its launch status is forgivable.

My only complaint would be that the graphics seem a bit uninspired, the problem with some of the newer platform games are they can get to complicated, to much text, to advanced options etc simply makes them to hard to play for kids that can't read and can't read english :)

The way that Knack shows how things work and clearly marks stuff that has to be picked up, or used makes it attractive for kids. And when you die you aren't put back to the start of the level, that is just as important.

My kid played Mario Galaxy, but he just couldn't understand wtf he had to do, way to complicated :)

I see people almost apologizing for liking this game, but it is very good. Try the hard and very hard difficulties. I can't think of a better example of the fundamentals of design, and visually the game is quite pleasant.

I picked up Knack in the buy one get one three offer, and was really upset after seeing the review scores because I had opened the game and wanted to return it. No regrets at all. If you see it on PSN for cheap, you owe it to yourself to check it out.

some of the levels are quite beautiful to look at, but I think they can do a better job with the art direction. It looks like its something straight out of shrek lol. They should make also make Knack voice changes as he changes in size. I think the main targeting audience is skylander kids, knack also looks like he would fit right into that game.

It's going to take at least another 2 playthroughs to unlock everything. And then another if I actually want use a different character. I really don't feel like doing that right now. The game is already a bit repetitive as it is. It's a shame didn't decide to mix it up a little more. Things like stealth Knack were great ideas, but they are gone before you know it. And it would also be nice if the levels were a little more open. Just something that gives you more choice in how to play. Right now everything is so linear that even it's secrets become rather predictable.

Me: Played it, hated it.
Wife: Played it, likes it.
Child: Loves the funny characters and colors - that's about it.

My kid is on his third play through trying to finish up diamond Knack. He still hasn't asked to play Lego Marvel or much else in the last three weeks.

My kid is on his third play through trying to finish up diamond Knack. He still hasn't asked to play Lego Marvel or much else in the last three weeks.
Lego Marvel Super Heroes is freakishly hard, I can imagine it could be quite frustrating for kids. Not the gameplay but sometimes just working out what the hell you have to do to progress. They've crammed so much environment detail in that key things fade into the background in a few places.

I'll get round to Knack when they offer it to PS+ subscribers at a cheaper price.

Well he has played literally every other Lego game made on the Ps3, so he know their system well. Knack is no cake walk either, even easy is like most game's normal.

Back