Knack [PS4]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Looks fun now, at E3 it seemed abit easy, but with the latest videos it seems harder.
I like how the enemies knock stuff of him, and you can pick up more scrap to build your life back up and skin..

I think it was OPM or PSM which had bashed the game really badly in their preview. THey had basically said the combat is just bad and made a statement like "ur kids will hit u in the butt if u like it", whihc i found to be a very weird statement to make !

This video is definitely different and shows more moves and higher difficulty. Really like the tornado move and ground slam :D ! looks like fight system is robust, just that the game can also be made too easy if required , for kids. Definitely more interesting than before, but the sudden changes in camera are jarring. Its good to be old school , but not i camera systems.

Edit: After this video, I am actually loving the game ! :p !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks much better now, i'll be looking forward to it.

Knack features local co-op built with younger players in mind
Knack includes a local co-op mode that should, according to game creator and system architect Mark Cerny, help kids around 5 to 7 years old play the PS4 launch game. At Gamescom, Cerny showed us a brief demonstration of the same-screen mode, in which a second player controls a robot version of Knack who provides support for the first player.

Like Knack himself, the silver robo-Knack can combat and defeat enemies to grab their parts and grow bigger. The difference is that when Knack gets hurt and becomes smaller and weaker, robot Knack can donate his parts to the damaged Knack. Cerny noted that the two-player mode allows a parent to jump in and help his seven-year old child playing as the main Knack, and for a younger player like a five-year old to play as robot Knack without harming the overall experience.

"Progress is gated by what Knack does," said Cerny, indicating the second player won't hinder the first player as he or she progresses through the campaign.

Cerny wants Knack to be an inclusive, family-orientated game; he previously showed how developer Japan Studio built a giant DualShock to help its developers see how it would be to be an 8-year-old holding the controller. Knack will be one of the games available on the PS4's launch day, November 15 in North America and November 29 in Europe.
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/21/knack-features-local-co-op-built-with-younger-players-in-mind/

Difficulty Levels and Hidden Items w/ Friends
That help may be necessary, as the levels demoed during today's presentation actually looked pretty challenging. When Knack is small, enemies can take him out in just a couple hits. If players don't dodge attacks (using the right stick, in a God of War-esque fashion), and collect parts to bulk Knack up regularly, they'll get kicked back to the last checkpoint quite often.

Of course, there's three difficulty settings designed to make the game accessible for all audiences — difficulty settings that don't only affect combat, but platforming as well. Our demo took us through a mining facility filled with dangerous pistons that, in Easy mode, move slowly enough to help inexperienced players pass. On hard, the platforming will resemble something a bit closer to Crash Bandicoot's more demanding levels.

Knack will have several other ways of powering up beyond the game's trademark, flotsam and jetsam absorption mechanic. Nosy players will be able to find 60 hidden treasure rooms throughout the game, which generate randomized pieces of gadgets that, when combined, give Knack additional perks. The trick is that the treasures are randomized, meaning you might not always get the gadget piece you need to complete that one tool you need.

Helping you in this pursuit is a clever social mechanic: when you find a treasure, a list of all your PSN friends who have found that same treasure appears. You can peruse the list, seeing what all your friends found in the same chest, and if you see a treasure you'd rather have, you can take it instead of your randomly generated loot.
http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/21/4643210/knack-to-feature-an-asymmetrical-co-op-mode

Helping you in this pursuit is a clever social mechanic: when you find a treasure, a list of all your PSN friends who have found that same treasure appears. You can peruse the list, seeing what all your friends found in the same chest, and if you see a treasure you'd rather have, you can take it instead of your randomly generated loot.

Don't understand this part? I can chose what loot I get? Or am I trading my loot with my friend?

Back