inFAMOUS Second Son [PS4]

Yeah...the shots look insanely good sometimes. And this is a first gen title in the release window.

According to sebbis post...greatness should await us in the next titles...

Hor..what's the context of his post? Isn't sebbi from Ninja Theory?

No. He is the engine dev of the Trials games. In one of his posts he said that he thinks that in this generation the leap in graphics will be higher for second gen titles compared to launch window titles than in the PS360 generation...

Oh wow that's certainly good to hear:), but yeah I can definitely see that being the case seeing how a first gen open world game can look so good. In truth I feel The Order 1886 is already quite a noticeable jump over SS in pure looks, I can't imagine how much crazier later gen PS4 titles can look.

Some of these shots are insane, how is this just a launch window game? :eek:

t6bcygK.jpg

YBfF2mW.jpg

WgcIwzj.jpg

z2L8i0j.jpg

Why did they put so much effort into something like his chain when you'd never see it this close normally?

iDlng4OXKjR7E.jpg

This too? You'd never see the rocket for more than a second or less

5JQgvdj.jpg

Too bad the nextgen systems didn't have 20-30gb more memory bandwidth. The distant low res texture buildings are annoying. Not talking about DOF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes some DOF is always applied on the distant scenery and buildings. Some (very light, lighter than here) DOF will be also applied in Watchdogs backgrounds, too, confirmed by the creative director in a tweet.

It really annoys me. When you focus on some scenery or distant background in real life, do you see a big blur? No. This DOF only exists because of cameras limitations from the 20th century. This bad technical artifact shouldn't be reproduced in a 21st century videogame.

If you are responding to me I'm talking about the textures on buildings such as the one behind the water tower, and the grey building beside it.
http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/...7_10152321393940289_6445229540377159564_o.jpg
Or the textures on the further back buildings
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/0pFOGFWl-08/maxresdefault.jpg
Yes its an open world game, yes its still impressive, yes i'm asking for alot, yes they are still a fair distance away, but there are many similar moments where you see low res textures on buildings 150meters away while on the ground.

I'm a bit surprised that a developer from Bellevue of all places shoved a large mountainous ridge next to Rainier. Makes the mountain look very nearby and small.

But given the game's overall visual design, the epic lonely mountain look might not have aligned with what they were going for.

They were going for the feel of the city, not physical accuracy. As someone who's never been to Seattle, I can't say I was bothered by any of it.

Back