inFAMOUS Second Son [PS4]

My Sony Gold headset is out for delivery. Going to load up the Infamous profile and 100% my good karma save, then move on to expert level evil karma to get my plat. Now I can braodcast to Twitch since the games out, maybe people will want to see the powers post-story mode.

So last night I picked up Metal Gear: Ground Zeroes and pre-ordered Infamous: Second Son (picked it up an hour ago). Anyhow, I couldn't believe how nice MG:GZ looked, very nice IQ in many areas. However, after popping in Infamous and playing it a bit.... the IQ is beyond outstanding (bullshots/offline graphic worthy)... :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

I'm a diehard PC guy at heart, with the equipment to back it up (EVGA-SR 2 setup with all the trimmings), but after playing around with Infamous for awhile, I can't believe a console can produce such visuals. Much props to Sucker Punch... :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Been playing about four hours and I've only kicked the DUP out of three zones! I keep getting side-tracked with stuff - so typical Infamous! Still getting used to how Delsin handles, he's quite fluid compared to Cole and I'm not sure how I feel about the lack of 'sticky' when climbing. Cole would sometimes stick to walls, which was annoying, but We would hop up on things real easy whereas D slides all over the place.

Really enjoying it so far.

Delsin may look a bit like a dick but the character, helped immensely by Troy Baker, is pretty cool.

Played through the opening section [until car ride] and DAMN!!! What a visual masterpiece, not only rendering and incredible image quality, but also full performance capture. I cant belive we are getting these kinds of visuals 4 months into the generation.

I've must have taken 100 screenshots, shame they are all so meh, even when we send them via PSN message [~800-900KB JPEGs]. I can confirm that PS4 captures have MUCH more higher quality than even those PSN Message exports. For example legs of Deslin in this shot are much more HQ when I load that image on PS4
http://a.pomf.se/mdryqs.jpg

I am pretty blown away with it so far. The visual fidelity is the best I have seen so far!! And it's a great game as well which is a bonus. There was always a chance that it might have been a case of looks over content but that's not the case here.

There were two little gripes that hit me right at the beginning. No footprints in the sand and Delsin is obviously a vampire as he has no reflection!

But for a launch window game there's no better (I got MGS as well) way to show off what a next gen game should look like. IMO of course.

Played through the opening section [until car ride] and DAMN!!! What a visual masterpiece, not only rendering and incredible image quality, but also full performance capture. I cant belive we are getting these kinds of visuals 4 months into the generation.

Same here bro... :cool:

I am pretty blown away with it so far. The visual fidelity is the best I have seen so far!! And it's a great game as well which is a bonus. There was always a chance that it might have been a case of looks over content but that's not the case here.

There were two little gripes that hit me right at the beginning. No footprints in the sand and Delsin is obviously a vampire as he has no reflection!

But for a launch window game there's no better (I got MGS as well) way to show off what a next gen game should look like. IMO of course.

The IQ is still wowing me... even the backtracking doesn't bother me at all. Love revisiting the gorgeous areas.

Well there's nothing more I can say that hasn't been said already. The IQ is something to behold. At the moment I'm just getting used to how much better everything looks, it's quite a jump from the old hardware and I guess even more so starting my next gen with this game!

I have arrived to city and finished first few missions there. Visuals are still top notch, and the city feels very much alive. There is enough foot and car traffic everywhere.

Completed one run, being good.

It's rather short really, I completed it in ~ 15 hours for one run.

I think I understand why they embargoed the third power. It's WAY too much fun.

The graphics toward the end get crazier and crazier, as you get the new powers. Smoke and Neon don't have the impact of the third one.

Framerate seems to bit odd, not locked 30fps.. when rotating camera around it is cleary uneven ride. It feels that it goes between 30-60fps. No bad but i dont know why it was not locked to 30fps.

Framerate seems to bit odd, not locked 30fps.. when rotating camera around it is cleary uneven ride. It feels that it goes between 30-60fps. No bad but i dont know why it was not locked to 30fps.
...Really?

So, on a scale from "pre-patch KZSF" to "Resogun"...?

I have zero issues with framerate, very rarely I notice "huh this is approaching 60", but it has never affected my gameplay. There is no tearing, judder, stalls, nothing. Buttery smooth game.

You think? Plays like 30fps to me, with the occasional drop below when the action is heavy or assets are loading.

...Really?

So, on a scale from "pre-patch KZSF" to "Resogun"...?

I have no experience about pre-patch killzone or resogun (resogun is locked smooth 60fps I guess?) but Infamous SS is not consistent as locked 30 fps, looks close 60fps when looking straight down while rotating the camera.. I have not noticed tearing, just little uneven update while rotating the camera.

For while I was thinking I have some settings gone wrong with my tv but no..

I was just going to comment how much more difficult this game is compared to previous ones because it's so fast. Frame rate is definitely higher than 30 a lot of the time, with some very slight hiccups when the action goes mad. It's also more difficult due to the relative lack of power recharge points. I've only just started though, I'm on smoke only. But I do remember that on the first two games there was somewhere to recharge bloody everywhere. Here it's a lot more sparse.

I was just going to comment how much more difficult this game is compared to previous ones because it's so fast. Frame rate is definitely higher than 30 a lot of the time, with some very slight hiccups when the action goes mad. It's also more difficult due to the relative lack of power recharge points. I've only just started though, I'm on smoke only.
I found the same thing, although it helps if take your time and clear out the zones, grabbing all the blast shards and upgrade your powers. But even the basic enemies are a lot more mobile in Second Son.

I felt fairly bad ass with a fully upgraded set of smoke powers. Then I got Neon about 10 minutes ago. Now that's power. :D

Back