inFAMOUS Second Son [PS4]

REALLY not feeling this one. One of the most unattractive games I've ever seen in any generation. Art style, the generic punchable face character, the garish neon aspect, the coloring...
Come on Ranger you're one of the xbone only gamer I respect the most regarding to opinions, but in this case I have to disagree my friend. The art style in this game is pure poetry in motion, as well as being very technically competent.

This one really looks like a bullshot.

E0TSbzz.jpg

So beautiful, this shot reminds me of Watch Dogs 2012 showing, maybe even prettier. Hell this game in general is blowing me away now, I see shadows everywhere.

All realtime except very few ones that demand quick cuts between distant locations [GAF mentioned ~4].

Wow very impressive, I love how Sony 1st party studios are unifying realtime quality for both cutscenes are gameplay as seen in KZ SF and The Order already.

All next gen console games should be using SMAA!!!!!!
Infamous Ss and Ryse SoR are 2 of the best looking games and the Anti Aliasing has alot to do with it in my opinion.

REALLY not feeling this one. One of the most unattractive games I've ever seen in any generation. Art style, the generic punchable face character, the garish neon aspect, the coloring...

I take it you are practising irony... This is the running for the best looking game at the moment. The only games that look like they might be as good, and at a stretch better, are The Order and Drive Club. After that it's up to Naughty Dog and Studio Santa Monica to make the next jaw droppers.

I know it must be hard to see a game look this good and know it's only going to be on the PS4, and when compared side by side with equivalent tech games it's going to shine like a star.

All next gen console games should be using SMAA!!!!!!
Infamous Ss and Ryse SoR are 2 of the best looking games and the Anti Aliasing has alot to do with it in my opinion.
Ryse actually doesn't come close to what Infamous is achieving here, there's a big difference between 1080p vs 900p, open world vs very linear corridor game. Not to mention the crazy gpu particles.

Yeah. Ryse was praised for SMAA XT1 at 900p, but here we have an excellent game running at 1080p with SMAA XT2, i don't think its an exaggeration to say it blows past what Crytek did.

I'm a fan of the Infamous games, and this one seems like a massive breakthrough for Sucker Punch. The dusk shots are reminiscent of The Last of Us, except better. Hopefully this game sees similar success, although sales wise that's pretty much an impossibility at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope we can avoid spoilers (or use the tag).

I saw somebody posted a video for the neon megapower that the devs hadn't revealed (and had actually hidden using a filter in the demos). That doesn't bother me at all but I'd hate to see plot points or other powers posted without suitable spoiler avoidance.

The pictures coming out though.. wow! :oops: Definitely a smart move to not show how great the game looks, it has so much more impact right around launch!

Back