inFAMOUS Second Son [PS4]

^Same old-ass demo though. My gut tells me the game isn't going to make its targeted release date. We have yet to see anything in motion besides this military checkpoint gameplay. That's a little unusual for games with that kinda scope. I'm hoping the city will feel more alive in the final game too. Where are all the civilians? The first 2 games weren't populated this sparsely, were they? Oh, and the parcours animations stick out like a sore thumb as well. Now more so tan ever before I'm afraid.

Looks very shiny and clean. It's something I find a little off putting, like in Shadowfall. Games need a grain filter on them.

^Same old-ass demo though. My gut tells me the game isn't going to make its targeted release date. We have yet to see anything in motion besides this military checkpoint gameplay. That's a little unusual for games with that kinda scope. I'm hoping the city will feel more alive in the final game too. Where are all the civilians? The first 2 games weren't populated this sparsely, were they? Oh, and the parcours animations stick out like a sore thumb as well. Now more so tan ever before I'm afraid.

I would hope the game is pretty much finished by now, if they really are going to release it on 21st March... Maybe they're just being more secretive than most other studios.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/01...d-outs-of-the-games-beautiful-visuals-at-gdc/

Today we learned that at the upcoming Game Developers Conference, that will be held between March 17th and March 21st, Lead Engine Programmer Adrian Bentley will hold a postmortem talk about the engine of the game.

"Have you ever wanted to make an urban open world super hero game? Push boundaries on emotive cutscenes? Render awesome particle effects? Or maybe you just want to make your game really cool on the PS4? In this talk, we’ll describe how Sucker Punch designed the inFAMOUS Second Son engine to take advantage of the power of the PS4. We’ll cover our threading approach, its pros and cons, how we made content easier to tweak and create, and how we utilized compute and the PS4′s GPU to achieve new levels of visual fidelity."
Also, incoming tech video before the game's release.

mad games ‏@y2200 @SuckerPunchProd Hi guys, I wish from you guys to give us tech video about the engine ,physics and the city before the release date.

That does look really nice! It must be nice for SuckerPunch, now that they've abandoned a character based around electricity, to be able to do more with water and water-based effects.

Really looking forward to this, without a doubt my met anticipated game of 2014, beating out Watch Dogs, Destiny and The Division - based on what I've seen of them.

Wow! Looks amazing...can't wait! Played both games and the festival of blood extension...loved them all!!

Hope they get a good story as in I1 and improve on the gameplay and mission design of I2, as this was already way better than I1...

Hope they get a good story as in I1 and improve on the gameplay and mission design of I2, as this was already way better than I1...

I loved the origin story of inFamous but loved the improvements to powers and gameplay that inFamous 2 introduced. It's definitely my most re-played game, I've beaten it twice each on Good and Evil karma.

The gameplay is just sublime and I replay it because it's just awesome to play and do amazing things. I just hope they don't reserve all the really cool powers for the last 5% of the game.

I loved the origin story of inFamous but loved the improvements to powers and gameplay that inFamous 2 introduced. It's definitely my most re-played game, I've beaten it twice each on Good and Evil karma.

The gameplay is just sublime and I replay it because it's just awesome to play and do amazing things. I just hope they don't reserve all the really cool powers for the last 5% of the game.

This is starting to look like a real taster of what this generation is going to bring to the table. I'm really looking forward to getting this, I really liked the first two games and festival of blood was very entertaining. I just like free running around the city beating on baddies and blowing up cars!

Back