KILLZONE Shadow Fall [PS4]

I seem to have no issues switching to all three controllers (360, DS3, DS4). The only thing that trips me up is the on-screen keyboard on the PS4 uses R2 for enter instead of shift.

Thanx to my ps4 downloading not in mbs but in few kbs per second for reasons I just don't get, I bought KZSF and boy oh boy ! What a game. ! Loving the SP and mating non stop with the MP :p ! Boy, the MP is so damn goooooooood ! Its KZ2 time again !

BTW, it takes time to adjust to the newer super detailed gfx in MP. In my first game I just couldn't see the enemy as the maps are so full of stuff and lights ! Lovely next gen, lovely ! :cool:

I went back to KZSF yesterday. Somewhere in chapter 4 I think.

Enemies can be pretty interesting if you wait long enough. A group of them decided to charge at me from both sides. Fortunately I had enough adrenaline to revive.

Also got flanked from behind by one of the cloaked snipers last night.

The new button mapping made it less fun though. I kept pressing the wrong buttons at the beginning.

Shame on you guys, I finished the game last week, I don't even own a PS4. :)
Gameplay (on hard) was great. Apart from occasional lack of polish, the only thing that bugged me was the fact that enemies sometimes spawned too late, too close to the player. And it's difficult not to get annoyed when you have an on-demand scanner with you, which resulted it more pauses than I'd like as you cannot move while you scan.

ps: I also finished Resogun on the same day by piggybacking a good samaritan (1 and only coop trial). :) Absolutely fantastic game.

Here's a little grenade I threw:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151808454406356

Is it visible to you guys? This recording function is fab, though I still keep forgetting whether to long press or double tap to record last 15 minutes. We had a fab Sniper run in the SP jungle level yesterday, me n my niece, but forgot what to press att the end to record it :p

unbelievable gfx, frankly:
BdWuw7bCcAAl-4a.jpg:large

change the "large" at the end of the link to "orig" to see the actyual screen. B3D coverts it into the eek smiley and doesn't let me link correctly
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdWuw7bCcAAl-4a.jpg:eek:rig

Last edited by a moderator:
RenegadeRocks, by default single press of the share button brings share menu, where you can upload last 15 minutes. If you bring the share menu, then press options -> share settings -> share button type if will be able to switch the button scheme and also read how it works, i.e. get know what press what does.

Gameplay (on hard) was great. Apart from occasional lack of polish, the only thing that bugged me was the fact that enemies sometimes spawned too late, too close to the player. And it's difficult not to get annoyed when you have an on-demand scanner with you, which resulted it more pauses than I'd like as you cannot move while you scan.

ps: I also finished Resogun on the same day by piggybacking a good samaritan (1 and only coop trial). :) Absolutely fantastic game.

Dude, I spend more time with my kid outside the Matrix these days.

Gameplay (on hard) was great.

That's quite impressive, I had to actually knock the difficulty down from normal to easy. I got stuck on the bit where you meet waves and waves of enemies - wasn't fun at all.

I've barely played the game TBH. Beautiful but shallow, unfortunately.

That's quite impressive, I had to actually knock the difficulty down from normal to easy. I got stuck on the bit where you meet waves and waves of enemies - wasn't fun at all.

I've barely played the game TBH. Beautiful but shallow, unfortunately.

Since you haven't played much I'm guessing you missed the info about disabling alarms?

In the jungle level, it takes time to get used to that kind of gameplay because of poor visual representation of alarms and somewhat open map, but I wouldn't call the game shallow, especially with varied tactical uses of the OWL which were all critical.

That said I did have a lot of trouble doing the last "defend the buddy" mission which also had infinite respawns.

That part was a little rough, but I think a shooter is allowed to indulge in one or two segments of fighting back the angry horde. I was surprised when reviews were complaining about "too many enemy waves during the latter half of the campaign". I don't think I've played another shooter before were enemies were placed so deliberately and in so very finite numbers.

Compared to the Radec battle in KZ2, even the hardest sections in SF were absolute cakewalks though. (and I'm a-okay with that)

That part was a little rough, but I think a shooter is allowed to indulge in one or two segments of fighting back the angry horde. I was surprised when reviews were complaining about "too many enemy waves during the latter half of the campaign". I don't think I've played another shooter before were enemies were placed so deliberately and in so very finite numbers.
Same here, I was was preparing for a brutal onslaught of COD infinite enemy spawns but with KZ slip-and-die difficulty but I took it in my stride. Usign the OWL effectively makes a huge difference - using the shields, and the offensive deployment for flanking and ambushes will make some sections in particular, much easier. Ditto knowing when to recall it for repairs before redeploying it.

It did take me a few chapters to really love the game, and ironically it wasn't the Forest level, it was the 'Cassandra' level that sucked me in.

I recently finished this game in hard mode. I wouldn't say I'm very good, but I didn't find it really hard, except two parts:
* One where you discover guys with shields. I somehow skipped the fact you could stun them with the owl
* Near the end with the big waves. I tried to hide and kill a few of them. After one hour, I manage to get into the drone only to get decimated, even using the drone gun. Eventually, I restarted the chapter and found it quite easy as long as you decimate each wave before they come near you.

Parts I liked in Killzone
* Exploring the Cassandra, made me wish for a new Dead Space. Maybe Alien Isolation will fill that need ?
* Semi-open levels, especially the one in the slums
* The whole hostage level
* The fake credits

However I wish they were many more optional objectives including secrets

Since you haven't played much I'm guessing you missed the info about disabling alarms?

In the jungle level, it takes time to get used to that kind of gameplay because of poor visual representation of alarms and somewhat open map, but I wouldn't call the game shallow, especially with varied tactical uses of the OWL which were all critical.

That said I did have a lot of trouble doing the last "defend the buddy" mission which also had infinite respawns.

I'm talking about a part later in the game - I'm well aware of disabling the alarms in the early levels.

It's the bit where you capture the scientist, then arrive at some huge room and get dozens of enemies making their way across the room until they get to you. I'm fairly sure there aren't any alarms in this section.

I wish they had a map similar to Pyrrhus Rise in this game. Also I want Radec Academy and Salamun Market once again, but not the destroyed and ravaged Killzone 3 version!

I wish they had a map similar to Pyrrhus Rise in this game. Also I want Radec Academy and Salamun Market once again, but not the destroyed and ravaged Killzone 3 version!

I'm pretty sure you get to see an even more destroyed and ravaged Academy in Shadowfall. I've been trying to match up features with the previous games...

Back