KILLZONE Shadow Fall [PS4]

Any of the guys getting a PS4 on Friday want to get together for a game over the weekend?

Friday cannot come soon enough for us UK folks :D

*drools at RenegadeRocks' pic*

I hope to God ShopTo ships my order early.
This is going to be such a good week.

@Arwin The thing that I was angry about last week on Facebook is sorted too. I jumped to conclusion to soon :p
So perfect start for a perfect week.

Nice ;) I can't wait either, but time is passing quite quickly.

And yeah, this Killzone looks like it gives a lot of options. I am disappointed to even see guys like Jeff Gerstman fail to see alternative routes, even when those had been demoed at E3. People do really play too many shooters I guess. I have picked my battles much more wisely I think, playing only about one shooter per year max. ;)

(And no CoD ever)

KZ:SF MP doesn't seem to be as in depth and feature rich as KZ2 or KZ3's.

Why would you say that? It has all the game modes of these games, and an incredible amount of customization for hosting.

Was watching some KZ MP here: http://www.twitch.tv/lllhotfuzzlll

Didn't look that fun to me. It seems like insta kills everywhere. Have any of you tried out the MP yet?
Not at all. Players can take quite a few hits, it just depends where you take them, and from what weapon.

There is less bullet sponginess compared to Killzone 2 or 3, but it's a reasonable amount. It feels like it's own game like it should.

Need to specify the time slot and timezone.

Or are you sticking around 24/7 like a few of us in RFOM lobby ?

Friday night I'm taking the PS4 to a friend's house as his wife works weekend and he needs to look after his son. I'll probably be messing about with it Friday anyway, I've already signed up to Twitch.

Saturday I'll be on from about 19:00 GMT (14:00 EST / 20:00 CET) until 02:00 GMT (21:00 EST / 03:00 CET). My kids will be up a few hours later.

I've converted those times from memory, so I hope I'm right with them. I knew working for an international company would have benefits one day.

FYI - I'm picking up Killzone and Battlefield, possibly cam too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, looking at that and then back at Killzone 4, the generational gap is pretty ... wide!

Still disappointed in bullet impact and ragdoll effects why did they get rid of this feature?

What do you mean "never forget?" They never showed Killzone SF like this.

They didn't get rid of it, they just react in a different way.

They never had stun statuses and blow backs in Killzone 2 or 3.

And they didn't take out ragdoll.... crazy people.

The stun status and animation systems and blow backs and so on are more gameplay oriented now. The animation is vastly superior to past games.

*if* the animations are as elaborate and detailed as KZ2, then they should do another Ballet of Death for KZSF.

It's not too obvious this time round. I don't know what it is. May be there are too many things going on, or too much details. Some focus on the Helghasts animation would be great.

they toned them down for sure, there arent crazy dramatic falling down deaths anymore like in 2-3 where they do those little flourishes before falling. But for me personally, its a non issue

I think I'm about half-way through the campaign (chapter 6) and I have no idea how someone would give this a 5. I mean it doesn't feel as solid as KZ2 or KZ3 in terms of polish, but it's not bad at all. Unless the game takes a nose dive in the second half, I think it deserves at least a 7.5-8.5 for the SP alone.

I also don't get how people say it's like every other KZ... it feels very different to me, in terms of pacing and level design. The story telling definitely has that KZ feel to it, but other than that, the gameplay is very different IMO. Plus I think the owl adds a nice little dynamic to the gameplay.

The 'weight' of the guns while aiming feels very well done... I think it sits between KZ2 and KZ3, which is great IMO. I must say that the rag-doll effect seems to have been toned down a bit... it's not quite as satisfying shooting enemies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do hear it quite literally nose dives in the second half ... :p

Not long now before I get to try!

Back