KILLZONE Shadow Fall [PS4]

From their FB page:
1398167_10152004479100100_2046338525_o.jpg

This reminds me of Metal Gear: Acid 2!
Come to think of it, a strategy game with that style, in the KZ universe would be totally cool.

pmzb7.jpg

The hand looks like something out of Bioshock1. Maybe because of the gun? I don't know. :???:

Okay, I'm gonna ask this again. How is the feel of the analog stick on Vita (for KZSF remote play) compared to PS4 since GG removed the assist? Is it harder on Vita? Much harder? Easier? About the same? Can you play competitively on Vita vs someone on PS4? I'm assuming that Vita players will have significant disadvantage because of the smaller resolution, half fps, possibly worst control? Is it still enjoyable (on MP and/or SP)?

Okay, I'm gonna ask this again. How is the feel of the analog stick on Vita (for KZSF remote play) compared to PS4 since GG removed the assist? Is it harder on Vita? Much harder? Easier? About the same? Can you play competitively on Vita vs someone on PS4? I'm assuming that Vita players will have significant disadvantage because of the smaller resolution, half fps, possibly worst control? Is it still enjoyable (on MP and/or SP)?

If you move from the DS4, which is easily the best controller I've ever used, because of the analog precision and sensitivity, and then use the Vita pad, it's quite a bit harder. You won't want to use the Vita pad for the difficult parts in the campaign, or on multiplayer (which I did for fun at the start lol, and made myself start with a horrible K/D ratio lol).

If you played Killzone: Mercenary on the Vita, you would get an impression of how it works.

The analogs on the Vita are a great feature no doubt, but their quality (and importantly their size) are best for platformer games and other types of games, because the movement is much coarser overall. Killzone: Mercenary plays great on the Vita of course, it's just comparatively a worse experience for FPS games compared to how good the Dualshock 4 is.

Playing on the Vita isn't bad by any means, but if you're comparing it to the Dualshock 4 the gap is huge. And a lot of this is because the Dualshock 4 is significantly more precise and accurate than the Dualshock 3...

I seriously cannot comprehend why this wasn't done before, it brings so much of a better experience to gamepad gameplay that I never even imagined. It's that good! You will be able to follow corners tightly or center on tiny heads in the distance with unparalleled ease... I know that sounds like a stupid advertisement... but it makes such a difference in multiplayer, it's just a great feeling.

Anyway, I have a lot of fun playing on the Vita simply because I can play it on my bed or upside down though, and it looks absolutely crisp on the Vita screen while in Remote Play.

You will notice virtually no lag unless you directly compare it to the TV screen while playing, in that the most noticeable lag is only when there is an extremely sudden movement e.g. beginning to turn, switch to aiming down the sights. At all other times it's barely noticeable even when comparing. While playing and looking just at the Vita screen though, it feels completely natural. The video also only runs at 30 fps compared to the unlocked framerate of the game, so this may make a difference in feel as well. As long as you have a good connection, the video is extremely crisp too, and imo in a lot of ways it makes the game look even better by downscaling to 720p30. You won't notice a single jaggie on the Vita screen, and the OLED colours are beautiful too.

TLDR: SP is playable except for difficult parts, MP definitely not recommended... though try it for kicks.

@TEEDA: Thanx for the links buddy, the MADDER demo is very convincing ! The way the sound changed was too god. Even better than Battlefield, IMO :) . They don't have this kind of variation depending on materials, they only have positionally correct echoes and reverbs.

1403497_590375474363240_538365007_o.jpg

1399260_540037539404793_1032321588_o.jpg

4FPvn4c.jpg

If only we could get these shots without compression !

Last edited by a moderator:
Red Dead Redemption forced players to use R2 to shoot at first, but they patched in an option... GTA V had the option at launch thankfully...

I finished it yesterday. I'm a bit confused on some plot points, the story telling was not fleshed out as well as a ND games. Overall good campaign and fun shooting mechanics as always. The worst part is some of the objectives, often they were confusing and led me to doing the wrong thing. There were also some glitches and difficulty spikes. I played some MP, it looks great and was great fun. I'm still not a big online guy.

I also liked the Owl and Rainbow Six like moments, nice change of pace from all out war.

Another positive review:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/games/2013/11/24/killzone-shadow-fall-review-army-of-darkness/

I know this is a dead horse, but man am I really feel burned by the Polygon review. I was all set to buy this, like 100%, then I trusted their review that it was a stinker, bought BF4, and now am regretting it completely :(

My fault for trusting a single reviewer, but they'd always been so reliable before.

Second hand darling. Just wait a couple of months til it's 20 quid or less and there you go

Thats why I rather prefer B3D guys' reviews over anything else. For example, NFS Rivals has glowing reviews everywhere, but the videos showed me an unexciting game. I was confused as every review portrayed it as te best game evah ! But we can see here its just an average game and that too with with issues that might be annoying to some.

Same for Forza 5, glowing reviews everywhere but, if not for actual impressions from B3D, I wouldn't have known it was so light on content and with with tail end heavy handling and is full of Microtransactions.

Also for AC4, everyone says its the best game ever, again, but no one told me the melee combat is annoying and framerate very crappy in city areas on the ps3. I did the honours for that here ;) ! Just skim the reviews for a general opinion and then ask actual or B3D friends for the review of the game. WHen you know someone who has enjoyed games similar to your tastes is enjoying a particular game, you can make a safer investment.

For KZSF, i was skeptical about the SP, but Rockaman's review has convinced me that , like RFOM, this one is not to be missed. Still waiting for Patsu's review, since I have seen I usually like games he likes. Also, would like to hear Nesh's views about it too, but I guess he hasn't got a PS4 yet, like me. Also looking forward to 2real4TV's impressions and others like SHifty, Sigfried, BillyIdol, etc too. But, yes, thanx to B3D, now I know the game is fun and shouldn't be missed.

EDIT: BTW< Enjoy BF4 bro, that sure is special, in MP atleast.

I've only just begun but I am enjoying thus far. The game looks great, much better than what the screenshots are showing, voice overs could you some work though. Overall pleased in the direction it is going.

Back