KILLZONE Shadow Fall [PS4]

^I could've guessed... I will add you.

Edit: clearly not worth posting screens here.

Last edited by a moderator:
^I could've guessed... I will add you.

Also have some screenshots. All MP, no spoilers (except one is SP and just the pause menu). I will add you. These are my own screens:

BZZCZaBIEAE3hhP.jpg:large

BZY2xe0IIAAsa3i.jpg:large

BZcV-fbIAAA-66P.jpg:large

BZcWSRMIYAANigC.jpg:large

BZcXHSXIcAENqVK.jpg:large

BZcY1E2IEAAnLOP.jpg:large

All the pictures except for the SP one are from the same level. It's Space Station (or whatever the name is) I think.

Been impressed with every single MP level. Tons of pathways, tons of obstructions to have great fights around... cannot say anything bad about the MP honestly... it's been perfect.

Are those from the SHare button?They are very compressed. Why are they oddly sized : 1024X576 ?

It's because it's uploaded to twitter. The actually size of the captured screens are like 200+ kb. Some I have taken are 700+ kb.

There's even an option to make it so instead of having to use the menu, you can just tap the button and it caps a screen.

Edit: clearly not worth posting screens here.

Killzone: SF looks to be a great game as well, I can't wait to play it next week. The store where I pre-ordered called today to let me know I will receive a Killzone Pack with an extra controller, and the camera also.

Yup agreed :D but it certainly looks better in motion.
Can' wait till 29/11 so we can have some fun online as we didn't have enough time back in KZ2.

Release date for us still in the air :cry: Last we heard its Dec 19th. Hope it turns out true.

We did play MGO together too, if I am not wrong? Didn't we? :smile:

I'm really digging the story. Lots of variety, great graphics and ambiance. Intrigue, war and special ops. One level is almost Dead space like. Sometimes I get twisted around on where I'm going, the objective markers are hard to make out sometimes. I love the Owl and really like female protagonist. The guy you play is not really fleshed out much, he is kind of the quiet heartfelt warrior.

I think we organized a few B3D games. There are too few of us spread over too many timezones.

THe best part was the B3D PS Home meetup at Arwin's apartment :p ! I had taken pics of the meeting, can't find them at the moment ! That was the biggest B3D get together, I think :cool: !

Stolen from GAF:

737265_1376507489263396_67943883_o.jpg

POM FTW :p ! I remember staring at Crysis stones on PC back in the day!
We need higher quality grabs, these are too compressed !

Another one:
72753e49_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-1818-07-37-22.png

Look at them shadows :cool: ! Now I am convinced about The Order's sweet shadows.

that is why I say with realistic skin shaders this game would have been awesome. The only other thing I can see wrong is that some levels are too stylized. the textures in geometry in this game are really good. Those shadows also look good.

THe best part was the B3D PS Home meetup at Arwin's apartment :p ! I had taken pics of the meeting, can't find them at the moment ! That was the biggest B3D get together, I think :cool: !

Stolen from GAF:

737265_1376507489263396_67943883_o.jpg

POM FTW :p ! I remember staring at Crysis stones on PC back in the day!
We need higher quality grabs, these are too compressed !

Ouch, that looks so horrible and jarring with the blurry low resolution rounded rocks contrasted against the sharp good looking stone in the upper left corner as well as the shoe and the gun. The shoe itself has what appears to be relatively low resolution on the laces themselves.

Is the entire game this badly inconsistent?

Regards,
SB

Ouch, that looks so horrible and jarring with the blurry low resolution rounded rocks contrasted against the sharp good looking stone in the upper left corner as well as the shoe and the gun. The shoe itself has what appears to be relatively low resolution on the laces themselves.

I think the devs are quoted as saying that they went back and re-did the textures - I assume they didn't have time to optimize/re-do everything.

But I can't help thinking that the platform holders should have relied more openly on COD/BF4/FIFA to push 'early adopters', and made shorter/more focused exclusives. (Resogun & Forza seem to lack content, and yet have the best reviews of any titles).

Is the entire game this badly inconsistent?

Regards,
SB

I think the blurring may be caused (or aggravated) by the FXAA. That's typical.

I wish developers would remove some lighting/shaders and add better morphological antialiasing like SMAA instead.

What is the point of High res textures with great lightings if it is blurred by cheap FXAA (the new Quincunx)? People nowadays know FXAA is bad and would prefer enhanced sharpness over a few visible edges. Look at the glorious recent AA (maybe SMAA, not sure) added in PS4 AC4. A lot less blurry.

And recent SMAA like SMAA T2x by Crytek are roughly as expensive as FXAA and much better. that's really the future of AA IMHO. I just read an article about it:

iryoku.com/smaa/

The shoe itself has what appears to be relatively low resolution on the laces themselves.

Regards,
SB

At least we have feet now! It really used to get under my skin how, in FPSes especially, you never had any feet. You'd just float along getting stuck on scenery every now and then.

Hopefully they'll be nice feet too, with legs that obey of the laws of physics and don't make your character look like a victim of Polio like you do in Crysis... :LOL:

Thats double compressed image there, you can't really judge texture quality there. Just a missing transition from big rock to small rocks in a corner of the floor doesn't really mean a graphically inconsistent game ;) !

But yes, everyone to their own observations.
Here's another one from Gaf , but from a capture card. The person mentioned his capture card cannot capture at 1080p but only 1080i, so there might eb aliasing, according to him:

AmaRecTV-Recording20131119-235914-MonoRailBannersLights.PNG

I am just surprised at how clean the IQ is in this game ! ANd I love this area, visually.

Back