KILLZONE Shadow Fall [PS4]

It is rather common for people to ask more questions to understand the context. Just get used to it. People ask me a lot of questions too.

And i have asked a bit too many :D ! Dd u try out the 15 min recording thing, dear sir ? Does the ps4 always keep ur last 15 mins of gameplay recorded? Please do let me know, sire.

honestly I still don't get it. owning the console and playing it are two different things. why do I have to offer a life story to justify my remarks?
You didn't need to provide anything other than explanation you were talking from experience that you had played the game, for those who hadn't been following your previous posts (may have jumped in mid discussion).

I've removed other posts replying to this and I'm not overly happy replying because it's OT. There's no harm in people adding a little more clarification to their remarks, and I hope everyone can appreciate how a little misunderstanding can snowball unless people have sense to stop it, preferable without waiting for a mod to step in and clean things up.

This game looks good in many ways. for example, the textures seem to be high resolution, there seems to be plenty of geometry, and the lighting looks good. However, there are two things that drive me crazy when I look at videos of this game. First, the characters, especially in game, when they are showing their face, look horrible. I think it's ridiculous that they could not do a better job with skin shaders. They could have done a lot more to make the characters skin look realistic.

This game looks good in many ways. for example, the textures seem to be high resolution, there seems to be plenty of geometry, and the lighting looks good. However, there are two things that drive me crazy when I look at videos of this game. First, the characters, especially in game, when they are showing their face, look horrible. I think it's ridiculous that they could not do a better job with skin shaders. They could have done a lot more to make the characters skin look realistic.

And second?

I still want to know about that girl in college. I think Patsu posted it. Oddest analogy I've seen in ages, kudos sir! :)

Opinions on the game also welcome!!!

I think KZ skin shaders is pretty good
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1400752_10201038428742157_1364909234_o.jpg

but it got some bad lighting
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1400524_10201038349700181_392831390_o.jpg

I remember HL2 have soemthing call hero lighting to make the character stand out and look good. GG didn't spend enough effort on KZ.

That model is not too bad, but the female hostage that is rescued looks like a zombie.

Depends - I'd say it's a bit too vaxy, and the speculars are not that good.

It's not the lighting, but that the falloff-based effects are not masked out by shadows, which makes it look like the skin has self-illumination.

GG didn't spend enough effort on KZ.

Or maybe they just did not have enough performance for the skin shader to run all that complex code.

Skin is also very hard to get right, although I'd say the Activision research team has nailed it. Haven't seen anything about the possibilities of implementing their approach on consoles, though.

Depends - I'd say it's a bit too vaxy, and the speculars are not that good.

It's not the lighting, but that the falloff-based effects are not masked out by shadows, which makes it look like the skin has self-illumination.

Or maybe they just did not have enough performance for the skin shader to run all that complex code.

Skin is also very hard to get right, although I'd say the Activision research team has nailed it. Haven't seen anything about the possibilities of implementing their approach on consoles, though.

How expensive are the Activision shaders? For example, twice what Killzone is using? If consoles can produce faces as good as Activision, it would allow for much more immersion.

If you guys think those screencaps are representative of the overall image quality or shaders on the characters... you will be in for a good surprise at least.

It looks significantly better when you know... actually see it yourselves.

The skin effects are very good. Maybe a little bit too smooth so they reflect light evenly like wax paper. The facials remain consistently high quality whether approaching or receding from the camera. The skin shaders would not be on my list of complaints. Lip synch is bad though.

I think KZ skin shaders is pretty good
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1400752_10201038428742157_1364909234_o.jpg

but it got some bad lighting
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1400524_10201038349700181_392831390_o.jpg

I remember HL2 have soemthing call hero lighting to make the character stand out and look good. GG didn't spend enough effort on KZ.

I posted a much better model that was taken with external capture card earlier in the thread.

http://abload.de/img/amarectv2013-11-1523-10u58.jpg

Back