KILLZONE Shadow Fall [PS4]

Wow @ 0:36 :!: Can't wait to see it on my tv.

Yup. It seems to look better and better with each new video. I love the that the AI seems to have been cranked up a notch or two in this vid. I like that the Helghast flanks the player on the ridge and then the other uses that distraction to close in and maneuvers around the shield to get a shot in.

The cityscape @ 0.36 looks impressive indeed. :)

Can't wait to see other areas. It's hard to surprise us in a typical city or forest setting.

Erh, it's not there? Or well, I can't find it anyway. It was one of the first ever greenlit titles and from what I can tell it was never actually released.

It's been released for a long time now, at least 6 months.

Just hasn't been officially placed on Steam. Just google Black Mesa and you'll find it, drop it into the proper Steam folders and restart Steam and it will be there in your list.

I wouldn't even recommend playing the original Half-Life at this point, anyway. Overrated would be the word for that game, you'll find a lot of old PC players who look back at that game and don't have the greatest memories, just memories of a pretty good game. Half-Life's popularity was brought about by CounterStrike and Team Fortress after it moved from Quake, not Half-Life itself. It just has a vocal minority who praise Half-Life 1 as an amazing game.

It's been released for a long time now, at least 6 months.

Just hasn't been officially placed on Steam. Just google Black Mesa and you'll find it, drop it into the proper Steam folders and restart Steam and it will be there in your list.

I wouldn't even recommend playing the original Half-Life at this point, anyway. Overrated would be the word for that game, you'll find a lot of old PC players who look back at that game and don't have the greatest memories, just memories of a pretty good game. Half-Life's popularity was brought about by CounterStrike and Team Fortress after it moved from Quake, not Half-Life itself. It just has a vocal minority who praise Half-Life 1 as an amazing game.

Dont agree.Half Life was the first cinematic fps and the one with the best AI and besides had that horror vibe.Half Life 2 is the really overrated one.

The last footage of this game is impressive and I have no doubts the game will be probably the best looking next gen (console) game at launch.

But this footage is still not from a direct capture as when you capture a high rez image from a game on your PC. Colors are muddy and there is a general blur applied.

Dont agree.Half Life was the first cinematic fps and the one with the best AI and besides had that horror vibe.Half Life 2 is the really overrated one.

Bit off topic here, but don't agree, Halflife 2 was a great experience, really felt like a totalitarian society. Great experiences. What I still don't like is that the story is not finished.

I had troubles getting into KZ2 and KZ3, hopefully GG fixed that with Shadow Fall. From the pictures and demos, it feels more like Crysis.....

I like that 'wall hacking' must be used in dose as you get punished for using it to long.

Would have been a great way of implementing the 'listen' mode in TLoU.

It is funny, as the drone pretty much gives you the Crisis suit capabilities, or variations of it...I also like that the gameplay is designed in such a way that the duration of the drone batteries is short, but also the time for battery recovery is equally short...this let you constantly use these abilities throughout the whole game and does not give you the feeling of 'sparing the powers for super hard enemies only' situations...similar like Crisis.

HL1 > HL2 (Ravenholm was GREAT, though) > all other FPS SP campaigns ever since.

On topic: KZ:SF does look like a mixture between and Spec Ops: The Line and Crysis. I like it. Hope they throw some less open levels into the mix, though. Sandbox levels are nice - but some more claustrophobic levels spice things up and add atmosphere. Firefights are only half the fun if you can just run away all the time ... ;)

What is this Killzone shower he is speaking of? Is that water falling that displays Killzone?

This guy is from Guerilla and they all came to the hotel in NY for launch review event. Seems that his shower cabin is killzone-themed :p

Back