KILLZONE Shadow Fall [PS4]

an OWL is always better than a Rico :runaway: !

I didn't like KZ2's team dialogue much, maybe KZ3 was better, but based on KZ2 I'd much rather have a quiet companion than one that annoys me. Even good dialogue eventually becomes repetitive.

I'm really looking forward fighting along side my OWL. I hope there are other Shadow Marshalls in the game, that perhaps you cross paths with or perhaps fight with for a short while.

Yes, owl can revive player. It has its on battery levels that replenish slowly, so it cant revive you all the time.

We need to use/consume a health pack to be revived or activate slow-motion.
Check this video and you will see that the guy had 2 health packs and that after he is downed he summons the OWL (pressing L1) to get revived but that consumed one health pack.
There's a cooldown so that we can't jut spam health packs repeatedly but health packs are a resource.

Last edited by a moderator:
Killzone Shadow Fall starts up on 15 sec...

Accourding to Swedish Gamereactor, during the latest presentation of the game at Guerrillas office. It only takes 15 sec from when you have put the disc into the console to when you actually are playing the game. When playing the first two levels the game is loading the next two levels into the memory and so it continues during the gameplay. There is no install at all...

/ Ken

^If game files are only cached, then the HDD only needs the game's required space while you're playing? ie: you only need 39GB of free space to play KZ:SF and 49GB of free space to play CoD? Or do files stay on the HDD?

^If game files are only cached, then the HDD only needs the game's required space while you're playing? ie: you only need 39GB of free space to play KZ:SF and 49GB of free space to play CoD? Or do files stay on the HDD?

That's my guess on how silent installs will work, it will not be managed by the user. I'm ready to eat crow.

Files MAY stay on HDD if there's enough space to do that, but it oldest cached game would be deleted if there's not. But this is an un-educated wish.

^ that will most probably happen. We will possibly have the chance of deleting those "full game cache" files ourselves, but the OS will surely free the space for itself if new game requires it.

^ that will most probably happen. We will possibly have the chance of deleting those "full game cache" files ourselves, but the OS will surely free the space for itself if new game requires it.

If they can design it in a certain way, here's no reason to even let users handle cache: For example, the free space on the HDD would never be allowed to go under 50GB (as big as a bluray can hold), but the "free space" would not change with how many games are cached, for example, if you are copying your photos but there's not enough space, the oldest cached game could be deleted, without the user even noticing. So the user would always see the free space on the as Free space from OS and User Data - 50GB.

Speculation!

edit: Making it this way would be much more fool-proof, I guess.

Accourding to Swedish Gamereactor, during the latest presentation of the game at Guerrillas office. It only takes 15 sec from when you have put the disc into the console to when you actually are playing the game. When playing the first two levels the game is loading the next two levels into the memory and so it continues during the gameplay. There is no install at all...

/ Ken

Could you point to this article please?

/ Ken

I translated the article with google and according to it it takes 15 seconds to get the game main screen and 15 seconds more to start playing :)

That's pretty damn impressive, 30 seconds to start playing or 15 seconds to menu.

/ Ken

Is this for every level or only the first level ?

@SCF
"I translated the article with google and according to it it takes 15 seconds to get the game main screen and 15 seconds more to start playing"

I think the google translation is wrong

Here is an translation

Swedish:
"En av de coolaste detaljerna som Guerrilla visade mig under besöket tidigare i veckan var hur snabbt Killzone Shadow Fall startar när man väl proppat i skivan i sin konsol. Från och med att man klickar på spelikonen i PS4:ans interna gränssnitt tar det endast 15 sekunder (!) för spelet att dra igång. Alltså, 15 sekunder innan man är igång och spelar. Något som tar flera minuter i Killzone 3 (exempelvis)."

English:
"One of the coolest detailas that Guerilla showed me during the visit earlier in the week was how fast Killzone Shadow Fall starts when you have inserted the disc in the console. From the time when you click on the game icon on the PS4:s internal GUI it only takes 15 seconds (!) for the game to get going. In other Words, 15 seconds before you are on the go and gaming. Something that took several minutes in Killzone 3 (for example)".

@patsu
"Is this for every level or only the first level ?"

For every level.

/ Ken

That is even more impressive. Exceptionally well done in KZ:SF.

Back