KILLZONE Shadow Fall [PS4]

I'm sorry but that trailer showed scenes with blurry faces and textures, low res textures, lots of aliasing, bad facial animations, bad animations and entire scenes without shadows on characters. Just saying it looks incredible over and over isn't going to make it true. :rolleyes:
Blurry faces could come from many factors such as motion blur, lighting and general compression. Not a very valid complaint.
Low res textures are present in literally every computer games ever made, and there aren't that many in KZSF.
Aliasing is not very apparent, I can see some shader aliasing but you're acting like it has no AA which is BS.
Entire scene without shadows on character? Which scene?
I don't think any of your complaint is making KZ any less incredible than it already is, when all things accounted for including iq, effects and lighting etc, it's still easily by far the best looking launch title overall. You can keep on focusing on a few flaws here and there but the pros vastly outweighs the cons.

You can go back in this thread and look at the images I posted and the other images posted and see the examples I pointed out, of course you could also watch the trailer itself in 1080p.

I personally watched it from 1 foot away from a 40" HDTV so I'm pretty sure I got a good look at the details from the trailer.

Maybe you didn't get the whole picture ;)
I've seen the trailer, I' downloaded it yesterday, also I've seen the pics (posted some of them) - they still look awsome. I prefered KZ2 artstyle, but quality of assets as I see them, is amazing. I think it looks great, just like Ryse.

That's not talking about ingame cloth sims, it's about them using Marvelous Designer to create the highres geo for the normal maps, instead of Zbrush/Mudbox.

It seems that he's talking about the entire process from authoring to in-game rendering:
"We’ve also improved our ability to render cloth-like materials and simulate in-game cloth behavior."

Blurry faces could come from many factors such as motion blur, lighting and general compression. Not a very valid complaint.
Low res textures are present in literally every computer games ever made, and there aren't that many in KZSF.
Aliasing is not very apparent, I can see some shader aliasing but you're acting like it has no AA which is BS.
Entire scene without shadows on character? Which scene?
I don't think any of your complaint is making KZ any less incredible than it already is, when all things accounted for including iq, effects and lighting etc, it's still easily by far the best looking launch title overall. You can keep on focusing on a few flaws here and there but the pros vastly outweighs the cons.

iLGNdxH3b9ohE.png

Her face is unnatural, creepy, blurry and stays like through the entire scene.

When did I say it lacked AA?

i4DnboYcTbgG8.png

I must just be blind but through this entire scene all the extra characters lacked any kind of shadows.

Honestly dude let it go, you're pushing this game like it's perfect with no faults. There has to be places for the next Killzone to improve on and it surely will but I'm not going to ignore what I see just because you are.

@FordGTGuy:
I'm not mad at anyone. Just amused by this my-game-looks-better-than-yours nonsense.

To me and you it really means nothing and it quite literally a immature argument but to the average consumer(majority of people that buy consoles and console games) it means a lot and most definitely at launch.

Anyway I'm not going to continue in this thread, you know my opinion and observations and I don't want to start a argument over nothing important.

Last edited by a moderator:
you're pushing this game like it's perfect with no faults
I did not say that. And I am not pushing anything. I did not start discussiuon about how KZ is utter crap and not next gen at all.

As for screenshots, first of all they are somewhat blurred because they are screengrabs, second - they do not represent overall quality of the game.

Honestly why continue this conversation when I said I didn't want to?

I NEVER said it looked like crap that is your own bias towards any kind of criticism in fact I said it will look great for what it is.

Really a bunch of down sized GIFs are supposed to impress me? Color me not impressed when I have a full 1080p trailer on my computer that I can watch right now to see a way better representation of what the game actually looks like.

I already said the entire scene is like that in the video, screen caps or not. Also the you don't seem to mind putting the guys face screen cap on a pedestal even though it's a screencap just like the ones I provided.

The lady was also standing still so there was no motion blur going on either.

I'm getting KZ:SF in bundle with my PS4 on 29nov. I initially opted for Watchdogs, but then I "changed my mind"...
One question for people in the know: is offline multiplayer with bots still an option?

May I please remind you GTAV, 250 mln dollar game, where facial animation was not so great...
Doesn't matter how much money you throw at a game when it's limited by the hardware. Appearing on a next-gen platform, it's understandable that people want to see next-gen advances. Note I have no opinion on KZSF's animation - I haven't seen any videos of it yet.

Some of the opinions in this thread (that graphics is flat, bad and outdated) are just off. Please understand that, repeating them won't make KZ an ugly game, likewise you won't make a donut out of shithorse just by claiming it. I know, I know - if you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, but let's leave it. KZ has great enviroments, epic battles, detailed objects and textures, plenty of effects. It is not flawless, but it's great.
Good gravy! People are free to discuss what they do and don't like. Discussing what's wrong with a game is just as valid a discussion as discussing what's right. If you disagree with someone, feel free to ignore them rather than argue with them.

I reiterate here as well as in other threads, everyone has the option to ignore someone whom they feel isn't contributing anything of worth. We don't need to repeat in every single thread how half the posters are blind fans and half are blind detractors.
An opinion doesn't have to derived from platform prejudice; eg. My liking or disliking some aspect of a game doesn't mean I like or dislike the platform it's on.

I'm getting KZ:SF in bundle with my PS4 on 29nov. I initially opted for Watchdogs, but then I "changed my mind"...
One question for people in the know: is offline multiplayer with bots still an option?

Yes I wanna know about bots too, but for online mode to balance a session. Posted a question but no one seems to know.

Holy sh*t at the last few pages. Nextgen is almost here (again) !

Anyone here from Germany and pre-ordered the system at Amazon? I kind of expected an email by this time encouraging me to change my order to a KZ bundle - second controller is kind of vital in particular. Not because of multi-player (I'm an agressively anti-social gamer), but to keep one controller charged and read to go - but so far nothing happened.

I reiterate here as well as in other threads, everyone has the option to ignore someone whom they feel isn't contributing anything of worth.

After some consideration, I decided that you are right... and so it shall be done, shameful as it is. I'll use the ignore list far more freely from now on.

Anyone here from Germany and pre-ordered the system at Amazon? I kind of expected an email by this time encouraging me to change my order to a KZ bundle - second controller is kind of vital in particular. Not because of multi-player (I'm an agressively anti-social gamer), but to keep one controller charged and read to go - but so far nothing happened.

Same for me, ordered in Germany. Just got an email that my pre-order got downgraded to standard PS4, as DriveClub is not available at launch ('they are working on an alternative solution'). I would also change to KZ SF bundle if possible...damn you amazon, come on!

Same for me, ordered in Germany. Just got an email that my pre-order got downgraded to standard PS4, as DriveClub is not available at launch ('they are working on an alternative solution'). I would also change to KZ SF bundle if possible...damn you amazon, come on!

Amazon emailed me a month ago to say that they had 6 different bundles available to upgrade to since I was one of the first to pre-order. I opted for the gamers bundle which was the PS4, 2xDS4's, PS Eye, and a copy of KZ:SF. Saved about £50 on buying separate which I used for a BF4 pre-order.

I also ordered the upright DS4 charging station and a couple of games.

The story trailer on Gamersyde is in better quality.

After seeing it, it definitely has moments of wow factor to it. Still, I have it as a 6 on my next gen scale, behind The Order and Infamous. I'd like to see what GG can do with KZ4, given more time and experience on the hw.

@BoardBonobo:
^Kicking someone who's already down is quite rude, you know. ;)

As for the game: I'm simply pleased about the direction they seem to be taking the series into. It seems to be finally moving away from the strictly black-and-white depiction of conflict.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back