KILLZONE Shadow Fall [PS4]

New build of the game with the fancy forest fog, godrays, no pop-up, slight screen& object blur :) ...

...but with nasty addition of tearing. Hopefully they will fix it. If all is going well, they will soon have gold version of the game.

That is looking so sweet, the way the mists refract the sunlight with the trees casting shadows :p

For a launch day game I don't think you could ask for better!

...but with nasty addition of tearing. Hopefully they will fix it.
I can live with tearing TBH. Smart triplebuffering would fix that anyway without unnecessary extra input lag (IE, tripling only when exceeding allowed frametime.)

Looking at a game like Doom3 BFG Edition, you have to wonder if maybe late in PS4's life you will see KZ4(-quality) running 60fps rather than 30...

I can live with tearing TBH. Smart triplebuffering would fix that anyway without unnecessary extra input lag (IE, tripling only when exceeding allowed frametime.)

Looking at a game like Doom3 BFG Edition, you have to wonder if maybe late in PS4's life you will see KZ4(-quality) running 60fps rather than 30...

Considering the architecture of the PS4 I don't think we'll have to wait until very late in its life.

Wow! I wasn't expecting so much improvement, TBH. We haven't even seen a single story trailer yet and I was worried the game might not be in good health, but this is stunning even though we have seen this level many times now !! The morning fog, the wind in the trees(looks wonky from far :p but fine up close) and fresh red flowers :p ! Also, th egun finally got its Muzzle flash that was missing in Feb and at E3 . Jokes aside, the improvement is stunning ! THe Killzone 2 vibes are prety clear now in the broken building. The game just needed time.The game must be about to go gold anytime now as they have to pack the discs and ship them too. Hope it is finished properly.

This beats anything else out there and still runs at full 1080p. The blinding Sun is still annoying.

BTW< if this is actual new color grading and not a faulty white balance of th ecamera, then I am loving the new colours. Feel more KZ.

This game looks almost a gen above every other launch titles and it does it in full 1080p no less, I so can't wait for the new SP footage this Friday and hopefully it's a rainy night time level with all out explosions with killers in the zone;).

This game looks almost a gen above every other launch titles and it does it in full 1080p no less, I so can't wait for the new SP footage this Friday and hopefully it's a rainy night time level with all out explosions with killers in the zone;).

Is it confirmed? Where? Is there any other info on whether its a new level or Mp? Even Direct feed 1080p of this very level's latest version would be awesome !

Is it confirmed? Where? Is there any other info on whether its a new level or Mp? Even Direct feed 1080p of this very level's latest version would be awesome !

According to that gaffer it starts at 1AM on Friday and it's definitely SP. Either way we'll be seeing a launch trailer soon enough

no next-gen looking at all,the destructible environments are limited and pre determined = last gen,textures are horrible too.

no next-gen looking at all,the destructible environments are limited and pre determined = last gen,textures are horrible too.

So by your logic Red Faction Guirella is the most next gen game then? How absurd. Oh for the record most of the stuffs in BF4 are also predetermined destruction too.

I think bagofsuck is posting in the wrong thread. But I fully agree. It's not even 1080P and the textures are not even the worst part IMO. I think the lack of realtime lighting hurts the overall image the most.
I do like the design of the Titans though..:LOL:

But as for Killzone, I think the fog in the newest footage really adds to the image-'density'. There is just so much going on, and to think it's a launch-game.. Really impressive and I seriously hope the 499 euro KZ4/2controller/PS4-eye combo gets released in Holland as well because I am buying all that anyway!

textures are horrible too.
Textures are so horrible that the game takes up 50GB on-disc... :LOL:

Talked briefly to a guy at my video games store where I reserved my PS4 (5th in line... I think I'll get mine on day one, heh!), and he mentioned there would probably be a KZ bundle. He didn't seem to know any specifics though, but a bundle with KZ and the camera would be neat. Don't need a 2nd controller though, but I could give it to a friend of mine who probably also wants a PS4 ("for the kids"), if his wife will let him... :LOL: She's the one bringing home the bacon in the family, so I guess she'll have final say, heh.

That is because the game heavily features pre-rendered cutscenes. I can tell you that the animations would fit on a floppy disc though, man do those animations take you out of the experience. So choppy and unnatural. The blood also comes out of nowhere, which is uncanny as well. I mean, at least have the character models covered in blood after an attack, right? If you take away the shaders and the graphics, it becomes a late PS2 generation B-class title, IMO.

Wait, hold up, hold up, how are we discussing Ryse in here?? :LOL:

With regards to Killzone, I can confirm that the EU bundles are coming at launch! I just confirmed it with my local MediaMarket (it's like a BestBuy or something I guess), they changed my preorder to the 499 megapack. :cool: Now it's like getting an XboxOne (with regards to the camera). I just realised that you can probably force 720P output as well, lol.

Does anyone know if there will be (post launch) single system multiplayer patched in?
I mean, the extra controller would go to waste if it cannot be used in the game.. Man it would be great to have 1080P spilt screen action, I really hope it will be possible.

Talked briefly to a guy at my video games store where I reserved my PS4 (5th in line... I think I'll get mine on day one, heh!), and he mentioned there would probably be a KZ bundle. He didn't seem to know any specifics though, but a bundle with KZ and the camera would be neat. Don't need a 2nd controller though, but I could give it to a friend of mine who probably also wants a PS4 ("for the kids"), if his wife will let him... :LOL: She's the one bringing home the bacon in the family, so I guess she'll have final say, heh.

I could definitely live with that bundle as well!

I don't care about the camera, but I definitely want a second controller. Shadowfall is also the only launch title I have at least a fleeting interest in.

I've upgraded my pre-order (via Amazon) to the Killzone\PS Eye\Extra Controller bundle. ANd saved enough to get BF4 as well!

Launch day will be a busy one, Killzone, BF4, Knack, Driveclub. Joy!!

New build of the game with the fancy forest fog, godrays, no pop-up, slight screen& object blur :) ...

...but with nasty addition of tearing. Hopefully they will fix it. If all is going well, they will soon have gold version of the game.

Mist is a nice touch. Can't wait to see games like Dark Souls and Deep Down use it.

Lens flare is annoying in KZSF. It's much nicer in KZ2.

Mist is a nice touch. Can't wait to see games like Dark Souls and Deep Down use it.

Lens flare is annoying in KZSF. It's much nicer in KZ2.

I get that they're trying to make it part of the gameplay, but unless they also give you a sun visor or sunglasses all it's going to end up doing is pissing you off.

Back