Capcom's Deep Down

New video by devs, game really looks great...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eU8HEnvwixk#t=71
ibmi70jFLkJgrX.gif

...but they have delayed beta to 2015.

Looks very nice but certainly not in the same league as what they showed initially. Textures and geometry appear simple.

It's a videogame. 99.999% of them don't have neither fluid or natural movement. What they have shown for DD is more than fine for a tactical RPG.

I have see many games with more fluid and natural animation.
FF XV, to stay in the same genere, but also and AC: Unity, Shadow of Mordor, or Quantum Break have more fluid and natural animations IMO.
If I had to guess I would say that animations are not natural and fluid because the character's torso always face the same direction of the camera.

P.S.
BTW more and more developers noways use motion-capture precisely to achieve more fluid and and natural animation, albeit with some limitations, so I would say that very unnatural animations are not the norm,at least in AA and AAA games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have see many games with more fluid and natural animation.
FF XV, to stay in the same genere, but also and AC: Unity, Shadow of Mordor, or Quantum Break have more fluid and natural animations IMO.
If I had to guess I would say that animations are not natural and fluid because the character's torso always face the same direction of the camera.

P.S.
BTW more and more developers noways use motion-capture precisely to achieve more fluid and and natural animation, albeit with some limitations, so I would say that very unnatural animations are not the norm,at least in AA and AAA games.

I think you have answered your own question. ;)

Have they fixed the "repetitive attack animations" of the enemies and characters? Or is it still the same poke, jab, poke, jab?

It's pretty rare to stumble upon a Giger or McQuarrie or Mead whose work isn't obviously derivative.

Especially today when every artist starts with a google search to build an inspiration sheet of reference images. And most of the time that artist has also grown up on the same stuff - comics, movies, classical art etc. - that you've seen all your life as well.
So even if another of those design geniuses was born nowadays, he/she would have to live and learn in isolation to remain unspoiled ;)

Fnal fantasy games can make their enemies/summon/stuff super familiar yet new. But in deep down, the giant rat/bear-thing looks new but i dont get any "impact". Its like..., "Yeah it is a Bearat, so what?"
the modern and old environment, and the armor also did not help bringing freshness.

btw that knight bring halogen lamp or something? That classic-lamp should not have bright white and stable light. it should be yellow-ish and flicker-flutter after a while. Then you need to "pump it". (this classic lamp is still commonly used by food peddlers that goes around town in my country)

hmm now i remember shaking dualshock4 in TLOU haha :D

Agreed that the enemies don't look too amazing for a dungeon crawler. Also it seems they've been showing the same enemies over and over again. I'm beginning to wonder if the game has more than 3 enemy types total....:???:

Back