Capcom's Deep Down

is this 1080p 60fps? Visuals look good, but its obviously not pushing polygons or the PS4 hardware that much by the looks of the environments or the character models. The most impressive area is the effects being rendered like the fire and the lighting, as well as the particles. I guess that's the most we can expect from a capcom f2p game :(

is this 1080p 60fps? Visuals look good, but its obviously not pushing polygons or the PS4 hardware that much by the looks of the environments or the character models. The most impressive area is the effects being rendered like the fire and the lighting, as well as the particles. I guess that's the most we can expect from a capcom f2p game :(
Yeah looks good, but its obvious that the geometry and texture detail didnt live up to the standards portrayed by the first announcement

What does F2P have to do with the graphics? It is a business model that is getting more and more popular due to the traditional model failing so often.

What does F2P have to do with the graphics? It is a business model that is getting more and more popular due to the traditional model failing so often.

Probably a lot. Pay to play is a more well understood business model. F2P is something usually shown to work on cheap wares, there is hardly any evidence it can support a triple A budget. I doubt you will find many willing to push next gen console hardware to their limits using a f2p business model.

Probably a lot. Pay to play is a more well understood business model. F2P is something usually shown to work on cheap wares, there is hardly any evidence it can support a triple A budget. I doubt you will find many willing to push next gen console hardware to their limits using a f2p business model.

Warframe on the PC and PS4 looks fantastic, so does PlanetSide 2 and BlackLight Retribution(this might look old now). WarThunder, another F2P title, looks great on PC and is coming to the PS4. Everquest Next looks fabulous and is going to be a F2P game. WarFace is Cryengine title by Crytek which is F2P , but yes looks worse than Crysis games, but that maybe more because they would want it to run on maximum hardwares possible.

Unfortunately the first time I saw it, I thought they were using much smaller bloom buffer, but it was bokeh. Still, I cant get my eyes off from it. Doesnt work for me..

What i meant is that from what i've seen, Capcom does not consider this a project worth putting a lot of of effort into, besides being a beta showcase for their next gen engine. Limited scope in the environments, enemy types, color palettes and things like that add up.

What i meant is that from what i've seen, Capcom does not consider this a project worth putting a lot of of effort into, besides being a beta showcase for their next gen engine.Limited scope in the environments, enemy types, color palettes and things like that add up.

You decided that Cpacom is not putting a lot of effort into the game based on the few screenshots and few videos they showed!?

You decided that Cpacom is not putting a lot of effort into the game based on the few screenshots and few videos they showed!?

Sure there is effort but its obvious that sucrifices have been made and we also have very good reasons to expect the highly likelihood that the same attention to detail as a pay to play game might not be present with this one

BTW, a while back Capcom said the game is delayed. I mean, they were going to have a beta for Japan in feb, that isn't happening now. THey say they need more time to push more in gfx dept, and they don't want anyone to say it could be done on a ps3.

Still no news on anything outside of japan :(

I wanna see nextgen Res, DMC and LP on Panta Rei, not so much this f2p gimmick. Wonder if they're even aiming for 1080p.

Back