Capcom's Deep Down

It will be playable @ TGS.

There are some interesting long weapons in the Souls series. Regular spear is indeed boring, more for defensive jabs + shield. The Dragonslayer spear is more aggressive.

Let's see if Capcom's Monhun experience is any good here. :p

ilJWGASKBBsXT.gif

paradise_downxeuie.gif

:no:

It is an incredible huge downgrade!!!

Same old same old... Over promising under delivery...

If you look at the 2 trailer (reveal and gameplay) back to back they seem from 2 different consolle generations...

Naaah

It is an incredible huge downgrade!!!

Same old same old... Over promising under delivery...

If you look at the 2 trailer (reveal and gameplay) back to back they seem from 2 different consolle generations...

Naaah
What's so much worse? The fluid simulation is still there. The major difference really is the intensity of the fire lighting and the overall contrast of the tonemapping.

Give 'em a year or two. It's an online game, they can continue to improve it. The console is not even out yet. Plus the levels and monsters are generated.

I'll gladly take those gameplay features than just richer fire. Demon's Souls fire is rather mediocre but the Flamelurker fight was intense as hell. Once they nail the combat and art direction, they can go do bigger fire, waves, bats, whatever. :)

Online co-op it is. :D I'm also liking the Demon's Souls influences.

Randomly generated levels and monsters sounds interesting. Hopefully the levels won't be repetitive and feel artificial with a system like that.

I'm not going to criticise a game about it graphics when its clearly a work in progress .yes its a down grade so far from the trailer shown at Sony's event .
My main worry is at the first showing it looked like it maybe a nice story driven role play game now as a online only affair it may lose the story focus in favor of online ease of play .

So the public turned its nose up at a always connected console so now we have developers doing it by the back door at this rate this generation will be the first where you need internet to play other half the games as they have no off line mode .

Now of course that suits sony and Microsoft as they both have playing suds for online this time round so what better way to get people paying than to make most of your games online only .

I'm OK with playing for online play but it kind of stinks when they have no offline mode for no other reason than to make to make people sign up .Which again in my opinion is what seems to be happening this generation .:)

There is a subtle but important difference. If these online games don't perform in the market, they will evolve based on the consumers' desire.

If the platform owner holds everyone hostage, then the consumers will have limited options. I mean they can't even sell their used games away, which was the original cause of all the push back.

There is a subtle but important difference. If these online games don't perform in the market, they will evolve based on the consumers' desire.

If the platform owner holds everyone hostage, then the consumers will have limited options. I mean they can't even sell their used games away, which was the original cause of all the push back.

I'm sorry patsu but I'll have to disagree with you on that .In one vision you had a console that had to ring home every twenty four hours but plenty of games that had a offline game mode .

Now it seems to me that there is a overly large number of online only games .which in my opinion makes for a less rich gaming experience its not the paying for online I have a problem with its the taking out of the picture the single player story driven experience for no other reason than again in my opinion to drive subs .

The best role playing games offer a mixture of the two .
Now it looks to me like this generation is shaping up to be so far rather poor on single player story driven experiences going by announced games .
Now this is a sea change from past generations and is happening in my opinion to drive subs and the selling of online extras .

I'll stop there as I don't want to derail this post as its about deep down and not the lack of offline experiences .I would prefer it if deep down was a mixture of the two so I could grind offline as well as play with friends online .:)

*shrug* you don't have to feel sorry to me. Just look at those outcry initially. The original "always connected" requirements were more stringent, and MS execs couldn't even answer straight questions, or articulate the needs.

What you see now is already a mix of features after accepting the users' feedback. Some are still being implemented. As I said, the vendors and publishers will evolve their products based on market performance.

There is no platform policies that prevent people from selling their used games now.

Now it looks to me like this generation is shaping up to be so far rather poor on single player story driven experiences going by announced games .
Now this is a sea change from past generations and is happening in my opinion to drive subs and the selling of online extras .

This is list of single player RPG coming in 2014 on console, or at least the ones I remember:

The Witcher 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition, FF: Lighting Returns, FF XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Dark Souls 2, Lords of The Fallen.
I can also throw in the middle Diablo 3 on PS4 .

8 single player RPG in 1 year is not bad if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you exactly tell if there was downgrade? I am not saying there wasn't, but giving opinions based on crappy off screen video is alarmingly close to trolling... Based on this video, one can tell that there were upgrade as well.

How can you exactly tell if there was downgrade? I am not saying there wasn't, but giving opinions based on crappy off screen video is alarmingly close to trolling... Based on this video, one can tell that there were upgrade as well.

Probably the most ironic point is citing online as proof the visuals will be impaired when online is being touted as the graphical equalizer for the competitor. :LOL:

Personally I think the visuals are not as good as the trailer but that is to be expected, the animation, particles and lighting in the trailer were really special and I doubt we'll be seeing that so soon in the cycle.

Seems to be, for now anyway. The engine was co-developed with SCEJ and when asked about the X1 version, Ono said there is none.

Back