Capcom's Deep Down

The original article is interesting, though the automatic translation is a bit unclear in some cases.

Nice find anyway.

Would it not be more beneficial to use an AMD card with the same architecture as PS4?

Capcom is a TWIMTBP studio (Nvidia Partner), so it's not terribly surprising. I'm guessing they are using PC as primary development platform and then porting to the consoles.

Regards,
SB

So in fact its entirely possible that the footage we saw at the PS4 reveal if real time at all was actually being run on a Kepler powered PC. Interesting.

I suppose it's possible. At the time they said it was running on PS4. Ono later tweeted a picture of Deep Down he said explicitly was running on PS4. Maybe they were lying. Based on what else we've seen in real-time on PS4 since Feb 20th, I don't think they were.

The demo can be run on a gtx 570 with 8gig ram and i7 rig, so PS4 is more than capable of handling it with console API and architecture advantages.

deepdownfire16-short.gif

If it is simulating fluid in realtime, then thats superb ! Will like to see how it feels in a game. Will it wrap around the character/shield? Will I be able to cut through it ? If so, this is what we have been waiting for.

This image seems to describe that procedural flames are hitting collision point.
for3dgamefansofzenjintcy4a.jpg

Back