Capcom's Deep Down

my whole job is just sitting in front of computer indoor. Playing game with vast scenery is very fresh, playing game with cramped location is... cramped.

hmm maybe its not the game;s fault then lol

Best looking game of the lot. The lighting, texture detail, models, geometry etc was simply outstanding. I think this is what we will get. Lost Planet looked exceptional when it launched, especially in terms of post-processing effects like smoke, explosion, motion blur etc. The only Capcom game that didn't quite match what they have shown before it launched was Resident Evil 5, and it came extremely close to looking like the debut trailer, so I have faith in Capcom. They will deliver.

Very impressive lighting/shading, particles and post-effects!
It does look a bit too good for a real-time rendering engine - particularly the correct transparency handling with DOF suggests advanced compositing that's usually the hallmark of offline CG. If it's real-time then I really want to know how they did it ...

Very impressive lighting/shading, particles and post-effects!
It does look a bit too good for a real-time rendering engine - particularly the correct transparency handling with DOF suggests advanced compositing that's usually the hallmark of offline CG. If it's real-time then I really want to know how they did it ...

I hope this is not your way of saying that GOW4 will not look as good.....because I expect it to look better:smile:

Anyway, I am looking forward to what you guys can do with the ps4 and congrats on GOW:A.

Watching the crappy livestream did make it seem fraudulent, but the 1080p version on YouTube totally looks realtime and doable.

Like the name suggests, you're buried deep inside a claustrophobic dungeon with very limited scale so wouldn't that be so much easier to concentrate all your processing power on just the dragon, human characters and the effects? I'd be disappointed if PS4 doesn't reach that level for games like this.

It seems like assuming stuff is fake has been an endemic problem for the PS4 reveal. Maybe that's why so many cynical and negative articles have been written? Lots of people think all the trailers were fake, but going back through the high quality 1080p version, it looks to me like everything was real-time. It was hard to tell on the stream, but Knack, DD, InFamous and Drive Club all appear to have been authentic.

You can thank the infamous Killzone 2 trailer and Randy Pitchfork's A-Lie-ns for that.

That said, I have faith in Capcom. You can complain about their business practices and questionable game design decisions all day long, but from a technical point of view they've never been any less than good if not great. Capcom was pretty much the first company to showcase what was really possible on the 360 with Lost Planet and Dead Rising, and even today, Resident Evil 5 remains an incredibly good looking game. RE6 is a pretty gorgeous game as well. Its gargantuan scope made for a rather inconsistent ride, but when it does look good, it really does look good.
Unlike most other developers, Capcom also went almost entirely real-time during cut-scenes. They know how to make shit look good.

So this can be done on PS4... if the game is set in caves and have only few characters on the screen. :) Mighty mighty impressive. Even though fire looked magnificent, those drops of water blew me away. I did not expect them. :D

BTW, there is no original directfeed 1080p video anymore on Youtube. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope final game is close to this video. Not only because of beautiful graphics, but physics too. I really like how weapons have weight, swings are uneven and unbalanced... even armor seem to slow characters movement down.

I really hope final game is close to this video. Not only because of beautiful graphics, but physics too. I really like how weapons have weight, swings are uneven and unbalanced... even armor seem to slow characters movement down.

Totally agree, when this is missing it bothers me immensely. From the silly Killzone 4 "hanging on one hand" part to all this "Parkour" stuff nowadays where everything seems without gravity and way too easy. I would really like that next gen improves these things, even though after watching the Watchdog clips I highly doubt it.

Back