Official February 20, 2013 Playstation event

seems plenty of jaggies...no AA or upscaled?

Seems to be heavy compressed, and then recompressed again on Facebook.

And it's a demo running on what i would think is a development "PC" some 6(?) months before anything like a launch for the actual hardware, no idea when the Game will be released.

Maybe i am just out of the loop, but we are seeing actual demos running on actual hardware (i guess) at this early stage i think it's impressive and a good indication of how easy it is to get something running?

Of course they are focusing on the easy stuff like brute force showing lots of objects, effects and high detailed textures. The rest, we must wait for :)

That puppeteering bit looked like a proper next-gen follow up to Nintendo's original Wii reveal.

I think Sony's decision for GDDR5 was extremely smart. They started with 2GB target and when alot of rumors pointed at 8GB in MS console they easily upped it to 8GB. Its something that no one expected, but MS having more complex system with eSRAM its going to be hard to do anything major in last minutes. Only way to one up Sony is to have second design ready, which they don't have.

Okay, that face looked tessellated in the wireframe shot - but how would they animate with so few base polygons?

I think Sony's decision for GDDR5 was extremely smart. They started with 2GB target and when alot of rumors pointed at 8GB in MS console they easily upped it to 8GB. Its something that no one expected, but MS having more complex system with eSRAM its going to be hard to do anything major in last minutes. Only way to one up Sony is to have second design ready, which they don't have.

Eurogamer said that it had been hinted to developers they would match the 8GBs so I'm sure MS was aware for months now.

Now THAT was something to make even PC-gamers jaw drop at least half way towards the floor :oops:

so when is Naughty Dog up ? I need my sleep !

or even better, when will they show us the real plastic incl. the stereo camera ?

Back