Official February 20, 2013 Playstation event

conference is still boring...the flow is uneven....i think sony needs better presenters and event managers..

QD head tech looks good.....the new Silent hill old man...:D

It still was mostly a normal mapped but very high poly mesh, no tessellation or displacement here either. The eyebrows seemed more convincing than just a texture detail, hair I'm not sure about.

Hard to tell how the facial animation will look like but it will be even more work intensive then previously. I'd go with blendshapes, can't tell if they did that or not. But these games will be even more expensive.

Now let's see MM :)

"With the playstation 4 developers can forget about technology and focus on creating new experience"

I don't think it's impolite in any company to call the QD guy who said that a fucking liar. Even toddlers would agree with you, and they can barely speak.

Does this spell trouble for Ninty?

<offtopic> Nintendo was already in trouble with just the existing XB360 and PS3. This brings their trouble to an entirely new level. </offtopic>

The PS4 is looking impressive. The question will be the cost.

Memory has increased 16x over last gen, so that'll help get a good jump. ;)

I'm watching this on iPad 3 and a lot of stuff so far looks great - the color, lighting and texture detail is a huge step up.

It was weird to have someone not from PD wax lyrical over car detail in a game that is not GT ... but I am glad this is the team to make this type of game.

I saw some clear lod changes in Killzone whenever we got an on-rails section. But I really liked what I saw. The feeling of being in a big world was really strong and seemed to come while retaining detail.

Nice old man! Good eyes too, though old men have more irregularities in their irisses than I saw here ;)

With this graphics and physics power I def look forward to LBP on it irrespective of what great new thing MM is doing ...

Oh but full on MM love for Move, this is a personal dream!

Back